Starlet Number 2! Blue Ep91 Project L Plates ( At The Minute! )

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will take some tomorow as its dark. but as i said, looks like shite atm as it is the very first attempt to work out the routing and if it was actualy possible

cheeers mowgli, glad u liked it lol

Nice one mate :(

here they are..

right first from the engine bay:

02012010081.jpg

02012010085.jpg

this ones of the 2nd bend, lookin down next to the battery.

02012010086.jpg

and this one shows the end of the filter, and the reason for the removal of the plastic trim. many of you may think this is too low, but the gearbox and sump are lower, and you cant see the filter from the front of the car unless your on the ground!

02012010084.jpg

my friend looks like he has size 15 feet here in the last one.

anyone youve got some idea of what im on about now, and any comments welcome. will get better pics 2moro.

Jay

Not bad bud, but what if its raining? Filter will get wet through..

thats what i mean, its behind the bumper so it will not get wet. on top of that, there would not be enough vaccum to pull it up a vertical pipe then the other length with a fairly steep angle on it. i run my filter relocation kit on my turbo starlet and its been soakin before, thats right behind the grill. also as the wheels are behind the kit, and the arch plastics still remain in place, it will deflect the majority of the water from puddles etc. im not saying it will be 100% dry but i realy cannot see it being a problem

I wanted to do a similar thing with my old N/A but ended up doing just a short pipe. (Cheaper and easier at the time).

This setup is good, you could maybe shorten the pipe by getting it on more of a downwards angle rather than going all straights and 90 degree bends, but it's probably not that important. Some heatwrap along the whole length of the pipe might be a good idea.

There will be people who say it's too low, aslong as it doesn't get hit by speedbumps then it's fine, just avoid puddles. (In the rainy months you can always detach the last bend and stick the filter on the end of there anyway).

I wanted to do a similar thing with my old N/A but ended up doing just a short pipe. (Cheaper and easier at the time).

This setup is good, you could maybe shorten the pipe by getting it on more of a downwards angle rather than going all straights and 90 degree bends, but it's probably not that important. Some heatwrap along the whole length of the pipe might be a good idea.

There will be people who say it's too low, aslong as it doesn't get hit by speedbumps then it's fine, just avoid puddles. (In the rainy months you can always detach the last bend and stick the filter on the end of there anyway).

the 90 degree bend is a must at the first turn, tried a shallower bend and it wouldt go down without battery relocation which is far from ideal. i think it would be made in aluminium lengths and as you said, i was guna add the heat wrap as an additional extra as some people would prefer the looks rather than the function

next issue is the midway support it will need, it would require some form of bracket, as cable ties are not gunna cut it, and look pykie as. its a start anyway, will have to see what the crack is with materials costs, fabrication costs etc. this could end up costing £80+ which im not sure people are willing to pay.

Looking at those pictures I think you could make some sort of bracket that comes accross from the top bracket on the battery holder to support the pipe.

The cost seems reasonable, I paid around £50 in total for my old setup, which was an Apiro filter, one piece of pipe (short with a slight bend), and a silicone reducer. So for £30 extra you're getting alot more pipe, and by the looks of it I think that's a Green filter?

Looking at those pictures I think you could make some sort of bracket that comes accross from the top bracket on the battery holder to support the pipe.

The cost seems reasonable, I paid around £50 in total for my old setup, which was an Apiro filter, one piece of pipe (short with a slight bend), and a silicone reducer. So for £30 extra you're getting alot more pipe, and by the looks of it I think that's a Green filter?

no it wont be a major brand filter, at 1.3 level there is no need. the filter i would be using is rated at 200bhp, more than enough for the applications it will be used for. at max it will be on a 100bhp NA starlet. yeah the kits could possibly run over that mark tho, thats just a very rough estimate.

the bracket is somthing that im guna have to look into. as its again extra costs to get them welded onto a pipe, and the angle its at is a bit awkward and doesnt realy match to anything. will get one made up in the correct matterials to give us an idea. keep an eye out :(