Starlet Number 2! Blue Ep91 Project L Plates ( At The Minute! )

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can not believe it, :thumbsup: i was going to buy this starlet before i got my SR. wicked motor and well tidy mate. good base for a tidy project.

you got a nice one there mate, how much did he sell it for in the end? if you don't mind me asking.

Also, definately keep the wheels original colour!!!!

forgot about this thread!! cheers for comments!

yeah the paint code, had to find that out a while ago, got a touch up stick kit from toyota, so when i get a chance i will get it sorted.

i got it for £1300 in the end, one or two little nigley bits needed sorting. since last update have:

-Added the import number plates on front and back

-good valet inside, was a bit messy.

-moved the dials about abit, want to source a radio cage thing to put head unit back in original place.

-3X tcuts in one go!!

1x polish

2x wax with meguires

-metal polish on exhaust.

the hardcore TLC i gave is has realy changed the cars look, it looks sooo much better. its brought out the metalic flakes in it loads, and in the sunshine it realy gleams nice!

got some pictures, not very good mind! will try and get them posted!

Jay

looks nice mate, got a good shine on the paintwork :p

what plans have you got for this then?

well im kind of throwing ideas at my gf atm about what she should do.. she has plenty of her own also!!

wheels are going for defo now, she wants some white ones. so will be posting them up for sale soon.. will be replace with some rotas more than likely, not sure on what design tho yet.

spliter of some kind, more than likely a laguna one.. just cuz they are cheap and look decent enuf. plus non will fit the remiz bumper!

crystal NA head lights

side skirts and rear bumper shud be modified.

cat is being welded back in

back box is being swaped/modified, not sure yet.

corola inlet mani

cda airbox induction kit.

ngk ht leads and sparks

interior is getting a bit of a sort out, like moving everything about ect!!

probs loads more on top of that!

Jay

sounds good, cant wait to see it all come together

didnt realise it had sideskirts on! what kind are they?

no it hasnt lol, i meant rear bumper and side skirts need adding/modding lol duno which to go for, will try and stay away from the glanza ones, they have been done loads now!

Jay

• 3 months later...

thanks for all the comments people ;)

well as for this cars status, not much has changed to be frank, ive been using it as a daily while mine is off the road, so once mine is done, this can be taken off for a few weeks and start to get things done on it.

wheels will be for sale at some point, as will the bumper at some point. but im sure not for a while though. BIG plans coming for it, ive had along hard think about it, and come up with somthing that will look truely amazing :D will be a while until it is at this point of completion, but good things take time!!

keep an eye out on this, will get very interesting...

Keep the wheels ya gimp, they look the nuts on the car, but if the worst comes to the worst, let me know if you decide to sell:)

Damien

the wheels wont go with the plans for the future! pluss the gf isnt that keen on them anyway. lol

will let you know when the time comes to sell mate!

yeh if the car was up 4 sale , i would buy it, i would put a 4efte in it

lol if it was for sale mate you cud have it! but as i say, big plans. infact its yours for £1700.. steal at that i reckon :p

anyway bit of an update, while mine was going nowhere fast i had a bit of time to play with some bits on this one today. did a few bits that were annoying me, and also made a start on engine bay.

- sorted the "Pinking" it was suffering from, adjusted the ignition timing by 1-2mm, sorted the problem.

- got some new bosch wiper blades, old ones where wanked out, to the point that they fell off when you used them lol

- got some blue silicone hose for the relocation of the engine breather filter.

- sprayed rocker cover, fuel rail, and cambelt cover Cherry red pearl, onto a silver base coat!

- sprayed the exhaust manifold heat sheild silver.

- ordered a new induction kit

- made a start at looking for a corrola inlet mani.

anyway heres a few pics of progress and stages of the day :p

the engine bay as it stands now :

Photo0040.jpg

should look different soon, nice and shiny :p

stage one - prepare and spray parts with a silver base coat:

Photo0042.jpg

Stage two - spray same parts Cherry red pearl :

Photo0044.jpg

Photo0043.jpg

Stage three - finishing detail on rocker cover :

Photo0052.jpg

Photo0048.jpg

Sprayed heat shield silver :

Photo0047.jpg

and heres the silicone hose :

Photo0004.jpg

all engine parts where off my NA engine so the blue one can keep running, will install all parts once induction kit arrives, got a corrola inlet mani and painted that, and im back off holiday :p

all comments welcome :)