Starlet Number 2! Blue Ep91 Project L Plates ( At The Minute! )

brought some wheels for this little whiper snapper the other day. some of you may have seen them for sale. purchased 3 inovit stvi's in white. 4th has a real bad dint in it. so currently looking for a 4th from somwhere. will probs buy new from POTN or somthing. havnt got round to it yet though as ive been busy on the turbo build.

but heres some pics anyway,

on my rota grids ( 15" rim ) till i source other rim, and so i can sell the TTE ones.

Photo0061.jpg

Photo0062.jpg

Photo0062.jpg

this is the damaged rim, pretty bad lol.. tyre is fine, but rim is cracked, and has a similar ding on the back side.

Photo0066.jpg

and heres a pic of the white rim offered up infront of the grid. the new ones are 16" and as they are white they look loads bigger. really gunna suit this colour and car i think :)

Photo0064.jpg

Photo0065.jpg

more updates soon

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your wheels really suit chars car but the White ones look pretty sick aswell lol. Well worth the buy though!

yeah prefer the white ones on it though. think they will look shit on actualy on the car. realy like the wheels, may consider getting a gunmetal set for mine in 16" if they will fit, mine is dead low at front.

Jay

aii should look sweet :)

altho i am in 2 minds about getting stickers for it. they look nice with out, but the blue ones that come on would go with the colour of the car. but i dont wanna buy genuine stickers, cuz they are not real volks. but dont want the hole RAVS for CHAVS look. what you lot think?

also need some tuner style wheel nuts, as standard dont fit in the wholes. anyone know of any cheap ones?

Jay

The white ones are gonna look mint on there matey. Please dont put Volks stickers on them though as they aint the real deal and they'll just look gay. I would just leave them as they are mate without any stickers are centre caps. They look tidy like that.

Maybe add like a blue pin-stripe round the edge or summit like the same colour as the car, but that might look a bit too much.

Let me now, when you have them all sorted and stuff mate and ill borrow the ramps at work and bang them on for you, if you want.

The white ones are gonna look mint on there matey. Please dont put Volks stickers on them though as they aint the real deal and they'll just look gay. I would just leave them as they are mate without any stickers are centre caps. They look tidy like that.

Maybe add like a blue pin-stripe round the edge or summit like the same colour as the car, but that might look a bit too much.

Let me now, when you have them all sorted and stuff mate and ill borrow the ramps at work and bang them on for you, if you want.

yeah thats what i thort about the stickers.. i just dunno lol think they will just end up staying white for the time being.

as for ramps, i shud be ok to bang them on, but will need one of the tyres bangin on a rim if poss? and maybe alignment done?

how much for all that dude?

Jay

yeah thats what i thort about the stickers.. i just dunno lol think they will just end up staying white for the time being.

as for ramps, i shud be ok to bang them on, but will need one of the tyres bangin on a rim if poss? and maybe alignment done?

how much for all that dude?

Jay

Yeah i would just leave them white dude, there look good that way!!

And ermm yeah that shouldnt be a problem, just let me know what you doing nearer the time dude. Ill just do it as a favour mate i dont want any money for doing it. Ill have to check with my boss that its cool first though. :)

Yeah i would just leave them white dude, there look good that way!!

And ermm yeah that shouldnt be a problem, just let me know what you doing nearer the time dude. Ill just do it as a favour mate i dont want any money for doing it. Ill have to check with my boss that its cool first though. :)

nice one dude, but are you serious you dont want owt? i feel bad not giving you owt!!

let me know if hes ok about it marra,

Jay

Yeah, course buddy ill do it as a favour.

My boss wont let me fit the tyre unless its brand new, hes very strict about doing that. No worries if the tyre is brand new though. As for the alignment mate that really wont be a issue. Would a Saturday afternoon be ok??

Yeah, course buddy ill do it as a favour.

My boss wont let me fit the tyre unless its brand new, hes very strict about doing that. No worries if the tyre is brand new though. As for the alignment mate that really wont be a issue. Would a Saturday afternoon be ok??

shit...

they are not brand new, but almost. he not guna av it? ermm will defo get the rest done if thats ok, will see what the crack is with tyre.

cheers mate, speak on MSN or somthing.

Jay

nice work man, is it just normal paint for that fuse box cover?

Did you just mask the sticker off or get new ones?

Gary

carefully masked off the sticker, and i used a silver base again with the cherry red pearl on top, made sure it was properly cleaned with degreasers, and then keyed with a real fine wet and dry paper, then another clean!

Jay

• 3 months later...

wow been realy long time since ive looked at this thread! thort i would let you know whats the current status with this car :(

well being as my white one is now sorted, ive had a bit more chance to mess about with this one. however as mine is on the road this no longer has the rota wheels on it so its rocking the stealies atm! cant get a white Inovit STVI in white for love nor money. tried loads of places. people that have them wont split a set, and people that will split a set dont have the correct size and fittment in stock. been in touch with POTN about 2 months ago, and they said yeah 3 weeks, been in touch every week since until they then said wont be in till the new year. HELP!! If anyone has one or knows of a 16" White 4x100 STVI then please tell me!

also has a nice set of L plates as the missus is driving this with me atm :D wnt be long befor she is let loose on the highways, god help us all ! no shes good really lol

AND finaly, made a prototype for an induction kit ive had ideas on tonight. changed the noise compared to just a filter on the end of the stock pipe. when its done should look sweet, but not entirely sure i will produce them. need to see how much i can make them for, as im not sure how much people with N/A's would be willing to pay for them. if i made 10 and then ended up only shifting like 2-3 then im screwed! very unique, not been done for the NA, there is nothing for them. should be making some stuff up to cater for them. keep your eyes peeled, this car shall be used as the base of a little modding company i shall hopefully be starting up. Anyone be interested in one of these kits?

Jay

More detail on the kits matey :(

As of yet i am not sure of the cost it will be to manufacture, so cant give you any financial info. all i can say is that it relocates a 200bhp rated filter down to the bottom of the engine bay, away from all the heat of the engine, and right next to the coldest air available. it will require the removal of one peice of the under plastic. as i said i ran the filter in the engine bay and had just a standard cold air feed to it. far from ideal, especialy on a hot day. took this out tonight, seemed to rev a lot better, and sounded different to it being in the original area. sounded alot more grunty, and when outside the car it sounded mint, when it was coming down towards me, can hear alot more induction sucking and thoaty grunt. would realy like to try this on a standard starlet, with no exhaust so can see exactly what it does.

will get some pics up if people want, i will warn u now tho, it looks ruff atm, as its made of pvc pipe and bends, and some sexy duck tape :D