Russells Glanza Rep

ok so i started today instead but got some done and got a few pictures up ;).

P5140001.jpg

P5140004.jpg

P5140005.jpg

P5140006.jpg

P5140009.jpg

P5140010.jpg

P5140011.jpg

P5140012.jpg

P5140013.jpg

car is finished being off the ground apart from exhaust now :D. shafts fitted fine and just the wiring to go now. bring on tomorrow after a good night sleep lol. worked solid for most of the day.

Russell

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh makin a good bit progress. wiring is taking its toll on my brain but ill have an update tomorrow. seem to have alot of random plugs without anythin to connect to though but i havent been under it yet to look so i think ill find a few more. fingers crossed i dont run into any big problems.

Russell

yeh makin a good bit progress. wiring is taking its toll on my brain but ill have an update tomorrow. seem to have alot of random plugs without anythin to connect to though but i havent been under it yet to look so i think ill find a few more. fingers crossed i dont run into any big problems.

Russell

your fairley flying through this mate lol hope everything goes to plan!

whats left to be done?

bit of hacksawin of the front bumper. fluids all filled up. put dash back together after a bit of hacksawin at the steerin column to make the turbo indicator stalk bit fit properly and then find some plugs. fuel pump swap and i think that is all :harhar:

bring on tomorrow

bit of hacksawin of the front bumper. fluids all filled up. put dash back together after a bit of hacksawin at the steerin column to make the turbo indicator stalk bit fit properly and then find some plugs. fuel pump swap and i think that is all :harhar:

bring on tomorrow

hacksaw FTW lol good luck with it mate cant wait to see it finished

ok so SHE LIVES :harhar:. too dark now and had to stop doin the last bits because it got 2 dark.nice 12 hour shift today like. runs buuuut a few problems. if anyone can help then please do.

oil light on the dash is on

temp gauge on the dash dont work.

is ther a way to test if the fan is working

have a petrol leak but i think i know how to fix.

idles realy low and uneven sometime (maybe because im short a few jubilee clips on boost piped ??? )

pictures shall be takin tomorrow.

also my mate who helped get it running thinks the box is fucked but i think it was something else who could hear

see how she runs tomorrow but im well and truly pooped today

ok so SHE LIVES :harhar: . too dark now and had to stop doin the last bits because it got 2 dark.nice 12 hour shift today like. runs buuuut a few problems. if anyone can help then please do.

oil light on the dash is on

temp gauge on the dash dont work.

is ther a way to test if the fan is working

have a petrol leak but i think i know how to fix.

idles realy low and uneven sometime (maybe because im short a few jubilee clips on boost piped ??? )

pictures shall be takin tomorrow.

also my mate who helped get it running thinks the box is fucked but i think it was something else who could hear

see how she runs tomorrow but im well and truly pooped today

well done mate youv flew through this:D

oil light could be down to the wireing, dean had a problem with his temp guage pm him, where is the [etrol leak coming from? i think 1ce you run the engine in a wee bit the idle will go back to normal.

that was really fast work mate must feel good to have it just about finished

yes im so happy it runs. unbelievably happy.

i just dont get how if it all worked before it should work now :harhar:. think the leak is comin from the main pipe at the pump. i suspect i havent tightened it enough.

ill get some clips tomorrow and see if it helps the idle. think i need a long sleep though. just thinkin about wiring is sendin my mind crazy.

forgot how good the engine sounded. cant wait for a drive. ill maybe get a wee video but for now it is rest time .

Russell

haha minted mate,

thats crazy how you ended up with a hybrid tubbied/diffed up glanza. the route you took is different il tell you that!

i mind this from when heather first got it, its been modded non stop and its mint theres a turbo and diff under the bonnet now!!!!

how much boost you pumping through her the now???

ps you made this conversion look easy, are you a mechanic by any chance?

ive got the same shit to look forward to but with an auto donor car, hope that wont pose any issues

what you doin with the silver shell??

lol im happy now :thumbsup:. its runnin 1.2 bar but i wanna turn it down a bit just to be safe. unless it will be fine at 1.2 ??

nah not a mechanic, im a bricklayer :) plans for the silver shell are to put it back to standard and use it as a work car or maybe sell it.

yeh I've got the whole thing to do again buildin the silver one back up lol.

i pick my dad up on the way to work everyday so he aint gonna be happy when he finds out :).

Russell

things wear faster at 1.2 bar,

saying that i slay my red v at 1.1 daily,

bein sensible .9 to 1bar would make the most sense.

you must be luving the speed though,

kudos to you well done man! :thumbsup:

cool. well to be honest im to cautious about police to boost about the place so it rarely sees 1.2 bar and only for a bit if it does :thumbsup: . yeh im lovin the speed :) might wanna have a look at someones engine bay just to make sure I've got everythin where it should be.

once i make sure everythings done properly i might come to jae this year.

cheers

Russell

@stod this can be arranged. yeh i know. now tis all swapped apart from a couple bits.

yeh i kinda thought that earlier. says im only boostin 12psi the now but im sure thats because I've squashed the hose that goes to the gauge lol.

oil light is off now. my mate had put the oil pressure sensor plug onto the coolant temp sensor so fixed the oil light and the faulty temp gauge in one go. only prob now is driver side indicator doesnt wanna work lol. but i wont worry about that too much because my mot is in a year.

yeh i know the box is fine just this particular guy just thinks everythings broken if he doesnt know about it :thumbsup:.

how you liking the new ride greame ?

time to start building up the exsleeper now but ill need to buy a few bits that i chored. ie starter because the one on the fte broke and fix the oil leak its had for ages haha

• 3 weeks later...

yeh it was a bit low. gonna reroute the turbo side properly soon and ill need to cut the other side to try and raise it a bit. its a bit higher up than the pictures though after a bit of trimming here and there.

sorry for the lack of updates folks just saving for wheels and gonna be sortin out the other car for a while.