Hi everyone Im new on here.

Had my starlet 3 weeks now and I love it!

Its a 1996 1.3 Sportif in Red.

Its not anywhere near as quick as my old Clio Sport 172 but its 1000 x more fun to drive.

Bought it on the saturday and by tuesday I had it lowered, Alloys, Decat with backbox, Induction, Stripped out and then Bucket seats. All for a Very Cheap price due to mates and Bargains lol hence the name `Project Cost F*ck All lol

Anyway im from Nottingham and I know a few people on here as 3 of them have starlets.

Liam :)

Welcome along very suprised that you find the Starlet 1000x more fun than the Clio tbh

Project CFA sounds cool and I did wonder what it meant at first lol !! Get a build thread up :)

I donno the Clio was just to well built lol I like the sound of all the rattles now its stripped out and its just a beaut lol

Will get a thread up tonight after college or even tomorow. Put ti this way. From standard to how it is now ive spent £110 lol that wheels, suspension, airfilter, buckets seats, Decat, Zaust and now the sound system is on the way :)

Liam

Welcome to the club :)

Project sounds good, and some pretty dam quick progress. removing as much of the car as you can to save weight is the way to go!!!!

When mines done im going to go over the whole of the car trying to get every thing as light as i can :p

Anyway, get some pics up asap!

Jason :p

Handles like a train now its lowered and stripped love it!!!

Just need some bumpers for it now and then when I get my Rover running and sold ill be looking at a new engine as my mates have swapped engines like a swap my underwear lol

Good times!!

4EFTE is the way to go, i picked up a crash damaged GT for £600. After selling off all the bits i didn't need from the car plus my old engine etc i had everything i need for my project and it worked out that the bits i had left (engine, gearbox, wiring loom, ecu, driveshafts, V5C) only ended up costing me £150!

The way to go if your going to do a engine swap if you ask me, there are loads of people after bits so you can easily get rid of most bits :) And when you want rid of the remains just tell people its free if they collect and the vultures will start circling :p

So im looking for a Starlet Gt Turbo Ideally then? Will have to keep my eye out for one to go with my project CFA lol

Im sure there are other options??? However i believe there a quite a few people that have put the starlet GT engine into a N/A so if you get stuck you will have others to help you out. Have a look under the 'members rides' section and you will see plenty of engine swaps that have been done!

I believe there are a few GT engines for sale in the sale section also :)

Sounds like a good project, get some pics up :)

I want a Starlet now, gonna call it Project CBF - Can't Be Fucked. Basically just never clean it and see what it looks like :p Rat style ftw :p