whatever, as far as im concerned you should have got more! people who have done less have got more than you did and i was driving behind you in the car at the time you were clocked WARNING you to slow down aswell as everyone else ..... so its your own fault

im not saying that we dont all speed because trust me i have aswell - just there are places to go if you wanna reach that type of speed but at lunch timerush hour? between reading and swindon? on the m4? ---- your asking for trouble you knew there were cameras on that bridge ......

for your sake i hope it is a 28day bann so u n the gf can still have your car relationship!

if you get more then i speak for the people who have been worse off for doing smaller convictions in saying Tuff! Get over it Could be worse

enjoy the ban lets hope you dont do it again buddy :lol:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whatever, as far as im concerned you should have got more! people who have done less have got more than you did and i was driving behind you in the car at the time you were clocked WARNING you to slow down aswell as everyone else ..... so its your own fault

im not saying that we dont all speed because trust me i have aswell - just there are places to go if you wanna reach that type of speed but at lunch timerush hour? between reading and swindon? on the m4? ---- your asking for trouble you knew there were cameras on that bridge ......

for your sake i hope it is a 28day bann so u n the gf can still have your car relationship!

if you get more then i speak for the people who have been worse off for doing smaller convictions in saying Tuff! Get over it Could be worse

enjoy the ban lets hope you dont do it again buddy :lol:

Sounds like someone is jelous!!

I TOTALLY agree with this. I have learned my lesson by being caught on the public road. I just now do it when its safe. :lol: that might be 3 am on a deserted Motorway..... but what ever. The problem is people see 100mph as a point to get to. Personally I will do 200mph on a UK Road before I die! ;) Its a goal! Need me a 800hp Skyline first but meh, we'll get there!

With people in this country need to learn to drive, not learn how to pass a test and get a bit of paper.

I'm not sure wether that was sarcasm or seriousness... :p :P

@Speedfreak, the reason they dont take learners on motorways is because its against the law for a learner to drive on the motorway, simples, the closest thing is taking them on duals.

or, at least its illegal in NI to take a learner on a motorway.

Phil.

Yeah sorry I did only mean dual carriageway not motorway.

I think everyone is going to have different opinions on speeding etc. Each case is different I guess. Speeding on a motorway when its the dead of night, is different to speeding on a public road in the day. It's more about people being more responsible and judging what they want to do before they do it.

There are so many idiots on the roads who don't have a clue about safe driving. that when they do do high speeds, the panic and end up causing accidents.

Let's just be safe people! We don't want no serious accidents. And be ready to accept the consequence's if you get caught!

You can't take learners on 'M' roads but you can 'A' roads as far as i know, which can be more or less the same.

I had seen this thread but wasn't gonna reply but im bored. As for the speeding. Most people do it, but you could say atleast have the sense to do it where you know you won't get caught at the right time of day and place. If you got busted doing that then it says alot about awareness and attention to the situation in which 'you' had a choice to put yourself into. Knowing it's against the law in the first place. and then when you look at those facts and not just the single fact that you speeded. Which most people just look at. Then you could say if you got caught, you got caught because you wasn't paying attention, and so you wasn't paying attention or evaluating at speed.

So can be looked at like that. But shit happens. Most people are probably breaking the law in alot of ways all the time, like pissing in public or something lol.

Probably not as dangerous but sometimes you just gotta go lol.

Im not sure about posting the results from court if you do want to no send me a pm as if you ever get in a sticky situation like this and would liek to no what is expected.

And by the way pissing on an electric fence is like pissing in a pit of snakes. OUCH!

Why does everyone shit a brick at 3 digit speed figures? The difference between 95 and 105 is minimal. Yet people make a huge fuss about 100 mph.

Speed isn't dangerous at all. People who can't handle speed are dangerous.

I love you Ste but i got to disagree homie.

Alot of things have to be put in perspective.

10mph can make a seriously major difference.

The standard break systems are only meant to cope with a set rated speed.

and i know alot of people on here and around the country.. modd their car and leave the breaking modds to last... when these are the most benifitial parts!

for example..

firing down a road in a half propperly modded 1.3 turbo car without regard of speed is insane.

you need the right tires.. the right suspension.. the right stoppers if not.. well it could be your last run in your car.

and everyone makes a fuss about the 3 digit speed because.. its fast... VERY FAST.. fairness you wont seem or feel it for doing it so often... but that because your a customed to it..

anyone drove a mini moto before.. they do 30mph.. and you feel that well times it by 3 and its 90mph not even 100mph and that would feel insane.

lets put it into perspective.. your full family on a drag strip... one car and them standing half way down it.. at 100mph... when that car hits them neither the car or them will be there... they would be impailed into the car, destroying the car and your family.. well it would look no different to a butchers bin mate.

for those who think that 100mph is not fast then it means youve more than a few times passed that speed.

It is very fast.

i agree 100mph doesnt seem fast in a big heavey car as your sat inside with your compfy leather seats with the air con on just liek your sat at home on the sofa. 100mph on a bike or convertable feels a million times faster.

I dotn wana add what ihad as soem people might take it the wrong way. Pm if yo udo want to no as a few people told me what they had and its good to no what to expect

That is not too bad then mate, i was very lucky coming back from the rising sun car show the other month in my old evo got pulled by the police when i was 5 minutes from my house, he had been trying to catch me for 5 minutes and only did when i slowed down for road works. He said i was lucky he had no recording equipment in his car as i would have lost my licence, got away with an asbo which means if i get caught doing anything stupid in the next 12 months i will get my car crushed. I have certainly learned my lesson as if i lose my licence i loose my job!

That is not too bad then mate, i was very lucky coming back from the rising sun car show the other month in my old evo got pulled by the police when i was 5 minutes from my house, he had been trying to catch me for 5 minutes and only did when i slowed down for road works. He said i was lucky he had no recording equipment in his car as i would have lost my licence, got away with an asbo which means if i get caught doing anything stupid in the next 12 months i will get my car crushed. I have certainly learned my lesson as if i lose my licence i loose my job!

i have noticed the police are doing a lot of the ASBO stuff with young drivers. my mate got one for pulling handbrakes in tesco car park ^_^ .

seems to have a positive change to his driving though. some people are luckier than others. you can get a lot worse done to you for dangerous (stupid) driving offenses.