Idrees' Starlet Gt 1993

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. Insurance, a fucking bomb but worth it in my opinion. I might buy a daily driver soon though so I can cancel this otherwise I will be skint every day of the week! Streetracer what you trying to say?

Update - 20th June 2009

I started off by fitting some brand new headlights to get the car looking a bit fresh from the front.

Previous look:

SDC12034.jpg

SDC12035.jpg

Then found that the easiest would be with removing the bumper.

SDC12036.jpg

Old vs. New:

SDC12037.jpg

Then remembered I got a nice new WEPR Intercooler sitting about, so why not whack it on I thought?

SDC12039.jpg

SDC12042.jpg

SDC12055.jpg

SDC12056.jpg

Filter peaking through bumper grille.

SDC12053.jpg

SDC12062.jpg

And a bumshot.

SDC12058.jpg

I am pleased with the results if I must say so myself. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Brake update - 3rd July 2009

Fitted some new brakes, some serious cracks in the old ones!

SDC12352.jpg

SDC12354.jpg

SDC12356.jpg

One brand new I wouldn't use again..

[SDC12357.jpg

On with the new..

SDC12359.jpg

SDC12368.jpg

CRN grooved discs with yellow stuff pads, £118 well spent on ebay, very fast delivery. Sometimes they do feel a little spongy, but they are still being bedded in so can't comment much further on them. Fitting wise they are excellent and easy to fit.

Those 3G's look nasty but you cant call them shit you dont know how long they been on there or the usage of them!!

You just bought discs and pads for less than £120, can see a bit of "buy cheap, buy twice" coming on now. Be good to see how they handle over 200hp :)

Those 3G's look nasty but you cant call them shit you dont know how long they been on there or the usage of them!!

I understand what your saying and your quite right, but they are shit, my bros pair didn't last him 6 months.

the crn discs are standard ones that have been machined at their workshop, i looked into them a while ago. it will be interesting to see how they hold up bud

Nice man, good upgrade.... work rsb's for your te37's?, my offer still stands.

TE37s, they are long gone!

the crn discs are standard ones that have been machined at their workshop, i looked into them a while ago. it will be interesting to see how they hold up bud

Yeah I gathered, time will tell!

Update - 10th July 2009

I've found myself spending too much on this car lately so though I'd give you an update!

Speedline Turini wheels, Quadlight conversion and relocated number plate

SDC12472.jpg

SDC12479.jpg

SDC12484.jpg

CAP uprated clutch - This was an essential as my other one packed in!

SDC12466.jpg

Small engine bay adjustments - Orange hoses, braided catch can hose and new WEPR intercooler pipe which relocated the BOV to the other side.

SDC12381.jpg

SDC12377.jpg

SDC12385.jpg

Apexi Power FC Hand Commander

SDC12487.jpg

Defi Oil Temp/Pressure gauges with Sandwich plate and Defi control unit

SDC12488.jpg

SDC12489.jpg

The clutch is being fitted at my cousins garage tomorrow as I don't have the time for it, and the other goodies will be fitted over the weekend all being well, and I'll hopefully give her a service as well.