Idrees' Starlet Gt 1993

Sooo heres the new motor!

After getting rid of the little Yellow beast, I was looking for a replacement that was more comfortable and powerful. I thought I was settled on a Civic EP3 which I was planning to respray white and slam it on white rims. However, I kinda fell in love with this beauty when browsing through TGTT. Okay it might not be that comfortable with the suspension but who cares with this power lol.

When I first bought it with the Volk TE37's.

SDC11973.jpg

SDC11974.jpg

SDC11975.jpg

SDC11976.jpg

The rims are nice, but too common for my liking, especilly with the Grids around. So I decided to fit my Sparco NSII's to see how they look. I'm not fond of the Mark 2 looks either so I've fitted a GT rear glow panel, and I have some other bits waiting to be fitted.

SDC11998.jpg

SDC11995.jpg

SDC11997.jpg

SDC12000.jpg

SDC11993.jpg

SDC11991.jpg

SDC12001.jpg

SDC11981.jpg

SDC11979.jpg

SDC11977.jpg

Engine:

TD04L Turbo

HKS Actuator

Apexi Power FC (Mapped by Tuning Japanese producing 211bhp)

Apexi AVCR Boost controller

Apexi Air Filter (Front Mounted)

Wepr FMIC

SARD Fuel Pressure Regulator

Walbro Fuel Pump

Simpsons Racing manifold

SS Autofixed Turbo Back Exhaust

Organic Exedy Clutch

TRD Thermostat

Alloy Radiator

Cusco Oil Catch Can

TRD Engine & Gearbox Mounts

TRD HT Leads

NGK Iridium Plugs

Lightweight Power Steering/Alternator Pulleys

HKS SSQV Blow Off Valve

Quaiffe LSD in Rebuilt Gearbox

Suspension:

D2 Abjustable Coilovers

Front Blitz Strut Brace

Rear Toyota Strut Brace

Whiteline Rear Anti-Roll Bar

Whiteline Adjustable Panhard Rod

Whiteline Anti-lift Castors

Ultra Racing Mid Point Room bar

Wheels/Brakes:

15 x 6.5" Sparco Crimson NSII Alloys on 195/50 Yokohama Parada Spec 2's

3G Grooved Front Discs

Ferodo Racing Pads

Braided Brake Lines

Cusco Brake Master Cylinder Stopper

Interior/Misc:

AutoGauge Boost + Oil Temp Gauges in A Pillar Pod

Carbon Fibre Bonnet

TC Short Shifter

White Indiglo Dials

Alloy Cooling Panel

Momo Leather steering wheel

Cat 1 Clifford Concept 300

Alpine Front Speakers

JBL 6 x 9 in rear parcel shelf

Rear window tints

Mark 1 GT rear glow panel

Optional Extra Multi Tray DIN Slot

Optional Tray under passengers seat

The car is in really good nick, inside and out. You can almost see how nice the paint is from those pics above - I'm looking forward to the results after a full buff/wax!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice purchase mate ,having seen where the sr started and what was the result " the yellow beast " i know there should be some big plan around anyway good luck ..will keep an eye... :thumbsup:

sweet mate., i was planning this off kev but slightly out my price range at the time! he's a top bloke and good luck with it. not convinced on the glow panel on a mk2 but if your happy thats what counts but the original panel is slightly different to what you took off aswell

how much for the te37's?? :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. I'm not sure how far I am gonna take this one, seems to be perfect as it so the rest of my money is going towards the extra insurance/fuel costs!

Chall yeah he's a sound guy, I wasn't sure what I wanted to spend when I was looking around but fell in love with this when I saw it up for sale. I've always liked this colour in the GT as well (Ask Kelly about how I always tell her about the nice colour of her car!) The original Mark 2 panel is ugly, as is the grey one I removed off the car. I think the mark 1 panel has made a massive improvement on the arse end. I don't like the mark 2 grille either, along with the big FMIC cut out so I have a Mark 1 bumper/grille waiting to be painted and fitted along with brand new Toyota headlights. TE37's are gonna go on ebay, starting at £500.

i can vouch for this EP, was lucky enough to get my first dose behind the wheel of some tdo4 power when we hooked up yesterday as Idrees & Tayib were heading away back down the road, its a nice rare colour and has all the essentials quafe, coilys, arb etc so its a proper weapon with that power!

its choice dude :p you picked a good one there :thumbsup: try and keep a head with the speed though.

those grids would look perfect on a slammed s.w.a.t bus.

pm me if your interested in selling bro

Thanks Geo, I was more than happy to let you drive it because I know you are a driver. Was awesome to meet you as well, top man. :thumbsup:

They're not Grid's :D they're the genuine Volks, amazingly light as well! :p They will probably be going on ebay so I can get some change back in my pocket to put towards insurance.

Really liking this mate, it looks a lot nicer than the pics you showed me. Has the power to match aswell so sounds like you got a great all rounder.

All the best with it bud, remember to keep calm with the new found love of boost it cant be easy to get carried away! I'm sure you know though, enjoy it :lol:

Nice!

Definately gotta stay that colour seeing as it's rare and all that. I think a quadlamp conversion would look good though. ;)

I'm not sure on the wheels either but with your habits I'm sure they'll change soon enough. :lol:

Again just sayin how nice this is, really mint up close.

Was great to meet everyone on monday, and thanks for my parts

The colour looks amazing with the carbon bonnet.

Hope you have nice plans for this even if they might be small,

Wish you luck for this project.

Gary

Thanks for all the kind words guys! I wanna get some money back in my pocket from the Volks so I'm probably going to put them on ebay starting at £500. Projec82, yes indeed we do - you were right in what you told me about the car haha! :lol:

Well Done idrees :p

looks good :lol: and your right i am of the same opinion i never really liked the mk 2 looks, so glad you put the glowing gt panel on the rear it does make a difference ;)

Nice Purchase mate

colin.

Cheers guys! I had the geometry set up yesterday just for peace of mind, turned out the camber was spot on and he only adjusted the caster and toe angle a little bit. Little work for £45!