1997 Blue Six Speed Supra Twin Turbo

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon Jon Jon...that is a thing of beauty!

i wish you every happiness with the car dude!

Phil.

Thanks a lot phil, just spoke to Jurgen today and it could possible be here the first week of august so fingers crossed.

• 1 month later...

feck me, a mate of mine sold his 6sp manual 2jz import supe for £5.5k a few months ago, we were looking at 700bhp ones when he sold it that were around £9k! hell of a lot of money.

long as you're happy with it though mate thats all that matters. daves was brilliant when he had it, so much torque it was unreal, just relentless power. wasn't quite as 'drivable' as he liked (i.e they're far too tail happy) plus the running costs were huge which is why he sold it, but was still a lovely car when he had it.

be VERY careful with it when you first get it mate, i had one step out cruising along at 70mph, dropping from 6th to 5th, foot down, back end went EVERYWHERE. god knows how we didnt die. they can catch you off-guard like you wouldnt believe :thumbsup:

feck me, a mate of mine sold his 6sp manual 2jz import supe for £5.5k a few months ago, we were looking at 700bhp ones when he sold it that were around £9k! hell of a lot of money.

long as you're happy with it though mate thats all that matters. daves was brilliant when he had it, so much torque it was unreal, just relentless power. wasn't quite as 'drivable' as he liked (i.e they're far too tail happy) plus the running costs were huge which is why he sold it, but was still a lovely car when he had it.

be VERY careful with it when you first get it mate, i had one step out cruising along at 70mph, dropping from 6th to 5th, foot down, back end went EVERYWHERE. god knows how we didnt die. they can catch you off-guard like you wouldnt believe :thumbsup:

Yeah i know it is a tad high but it is a face lift version, i had the chance to buy a few cheaper ones over here but i wanted to be the first uk owner and i wanted peace of mind that it is coming from a good importer. I know what you mean about the tail stepping out lol my mate has a single which will be around 800-900bhp when it is fully mapped and it is an animal.

Sparky the wideband was $268 shipped from america i think it is about £160.

it is a hell of a lot mate to be honest, my friends was running a dyno'd 386bhp (so not particularly modded, basically BPU-spec), with a 5zigen exhaust and decat, fidanza flywheel and rps max street clutch, bilstein's and a few other goodies. that was pretty much it. it needed a new paint job, but for 6k it would have been perfect (750-1000quid worth of paint job, and it'd have been a very mint cheap supe, as it was mechanically perfect, just had been rattle canned at some point). I couldn't justify spending over 9k on one knowing what they cost, but like you said, you have your reasons, and as long as you're happy, thats all that matters.

i had my s14 when my friend had his supe and they were both astonishingly quick, s14 would just about keep up with the supe, great fun on the motorway etc. we've both gone for handling now and have an ek4 and ek9 respectively, as we're well into our track work at the minute.

keep us updated with it mate :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...