1997 Blue Six Speed Supra Twin Turbo

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look spot on mate. Love it!!!

Thanks mate, well here are a couple of pics of my decat pipes, they are 3" straight through. I am going to attempt to fit them tomorrow, along with trying to find a place local that will have a walbro and IK22 spark plugs in stock.

DSC_0115-1.jpg

DSC_0116-1.jpg

• 3 months later...

Ha ha i know mate, to be honest i have only got the car put back together today. Had the whole front end off to to sort out some jobs that needed doing, have fitted a new bumper today. Also changed the spark plugs ready for the increased boost and noticed that their was oil on the threads, went to remove the middle coil packs and found i had to take the rocker cover off, went to undo the bolts and they were all finger tight!

So i have fitted new rocker cover gaskets changed the spark plugs and got the car back up and running. There was a supra meet today and by the time i got there i had missed all the photos lol.

For me it is to simplify the engine for working on as the twin turbo system is so complicated, but also you can run a lot more power with a single turbo than you can with the twins. I am looking at one of the borg warner kits which is good for 650 bhp.

650??????

bloody hell!

Phil.

I wont be going for anywhere near that as i will be limited to 650cc injectors, i am going to be using an aem fic to control it. Will be happy with anything over 450bhp. As i said i am only doing it to make the engine easier to work on and not just power.

Single turbo is the way forward matey, power is ferocious and the sound is orgasm worthy!

Your wallet might take a bashing mind you ^_^

I have most of the stuff already, the only expensive things left are turbo,manifold,downpipe and AEM FIC. Hopefully should be able to get that for about 4k.

Why single!?!?!

To have more or something isnt always better B)

Sounds wicked mate, I'd rather listen to a Single tubby than any sound system anyway tbh :lol:

Gonna own a big power Soop one day :wub:

Cheers sparky, cant wait to hear the screamer pipe and wastegate on full chat. It will probably be quite a few months yet before i get it done, so i am just going to fit all my bpu parts for now and get it up to 400bhp

• 2 weeks later...

Well my plans have slightly changed as far as the single plan is concerned, i think i have just bought this big twin set up, just waiting for confirmation.

Big Twins

Edit: going to view them tomorrow and if they are ok they are mine, big twins here i come :lol:

theres a bloke where im from, Whittlesey, Peterborough..(near Cambridge) his is running now (i think) 650bhp and similar torque, using a turbo from plant machinery..think its from a shovel, thing is that big he had to cut a hole in the bonnet for the housing to poke through

theres a bloke where im from, Whittlesey, Peterborough..(near Cambridge) his is running now (i think) 650bhp and similar torque, using a turbo from plant machinery..think its from a shovel, thing is that big he had to cut a hole in the bonnet for the housing to poke through

Lol i bet the thing is laggy as hell :lol: well i was talking to ryan the lad who will be mapping the car for me, and he said not to go with the twins as i will need a stand alone ecu to handle them :lol: so the car is just getting booked into him on the 12th of may to get the AEM Fic fitted and mapped. I have asked him if there are any other things i can get to go with what i already have.

This should still be good for about 420bhp once he is done.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the decats fitted over the weekend, would have been almost impossible to do if my uncle didn't have a pit in his garage. Managed to pull out 2 of the exhaust manifold studs as well which turned out to be a right nightmare to find replacements as they have a fine thread and most places only stocked the normal threads. The car sounds so much better without the cats in, it has a nice roar when the second turbo kicks in and then everything goes silly lol.

Still got to fit my fuel pump so i am not going stupid at the minute, but the difference it has made with them removed is unreal.