Well I've been on here nearly a year now so thinking its time to finially start a build thread

This could be quite long as I've had a lot done since i bought it so bear with me guys.

Well i bought the car early last october. Go it from a guy in bradford who wanted £2000 for it. When i got there had a good look round and it dint look too bad. no major leaks, bodywork wasn't brilliant but wasn't too bad. Had a quick drive and was knocking from the driveshafts, both of them. The only mods were a gash universal jap can and some illegal private plates which gladly he insisted on keeping. I wasn't brilliantly impressed but never the less it was still a starbo.

Then the guy selling it told me he'd just been banned on his last car for driving without tax,MOT and insurance so this car was just dead money to him. This was a mistake on his account as i now knew i could knock him down a bit. After literally 1 minute of bargaining i walked away with the car for £1400 and he threw in a sub, amp, racing steering wheel and a brilliant head unit which has cd/dvd/tv/mp3/usb/bluetooth facilities. So as you can imagine i was quite happy with that lol

Brought it home and heres how it looked

P070908_1803.jpg

P070908_180301.jpg

day1.jpg

So then work begun. The first think i did was put a Blitz SUS induction kit on which i bought second hand from my mate for £40 which saved me some money then invested on a blitz dumpvalve

SH104228.jpg

Then the crap stuff began. Driving down the road quite steady and the clutch buggered up. Got a new one and started work at 6pm one night. Dropped the gearbox off took the clutch off then and the clutch came out in 7 pieces. it was well and truly fecked. my neighbour who was helping has been a mechanic for years and he said he's never seen anything like it before. Finially after an hour plus time of trying to locate the gear box it was ready to run again. Half 3 in the morning we finished that bearing in mind i had work at 5. I was knackered that day

Then the shit continued two days later when the knocking on the driveshaft got worse. It was my own fault for not getting on with it sooner but id already been waiting 2 weeks for driveshaft bearing kits to come from the ever reliable toy tuning(<<ha) Anyway got literally 500 yards from my house when BANG!!!! the wheel pooped off driveshaft came out the gear box and popped the bottom arm off too.GREAT!!

bangtheregoesmedriveshaft.jpg

That above was by far the coldest night of the year by far.

So got my mate up to bring a jack and we set work at popping the driveshaft and wheel back on on the wrong side of a busy dual carriage way haha

anyway got it on and got toed home. After a total of 4 weeks toy tuning speedy delivery as usual finially came (<<again HA) So tatolly replaced both driveshaft bearings with them little kits and once again i was back on the road......for another week

Admittadly i was giving it some pasty but i used to give my saxos more death than i ever have my starlet. Anyway after creaming my mate in a Astra sport the most dreaded noise came into play. SERIOUS bottom end knocking. I turned my car off immediatly and let it totally cool down. When the temp was right down i struck her up and drove her half a mile home at what i can only call the speed of a snail cause i didn't want to do any more damage to the internals

I was incredibaly pissed off. I had bought a complete nail it seemed. Within a month of ownership the clutch had shattered, both driveshafts were buggered and the bottom end had gone. Forgot to mention the day before the engine had gone i had it RR'ed and it was producing 84bhp at the fly. that was a long way off the 132bhp it came out the factory. I want very happy but instead of giving it up it proper motivated me to get it up to scratch again

so next day i decided enough was enough and came on here and bought an engine off a mr martin gould (TinTin SR) i beieve is his user name. The engine had done 29,000 miles he said and got it wrapped up and posted straight away.

In the mean time i decided as it was a warmish day id spray the wheels.

P080908_175801.jpg

Thats my mate^^not too bad at spraying

P080908_1758.jpg

Was a nice little touch and made the car look a whole lot better

So... as my new engine was coming soon i decided to rip the old engine out.

SH104549-1.jpg

noenginein.jpg

and the new engine quickly arrived.

got it unwrapped and set preparing it. as well as the engine i bought a brand new full system for it at a total of £800. Stainless manifold, braced decat pipe, huge 2.5 inch middle section and nice big jap backbox. It looked sweet and was all shiny and new :p

So gave the block a good clean. Put the mani and decat on and got it all ready to go in

newengine.jpg

had some help from the neighbour's little lass bless her

paigeengine.jpg

and with plenty of tea breaks and mates stood around not doing ought

teatime.jpg

the engine was soon in

During this time i bought my mums xsara off her as a little run around

SH104317.jpg

WHAT A BEAST!!!

So after a few days of endlessely connecting up what seemed like millions of wires and pipes the best day of the year came when i finially struck it up. The new exhaust sounded shit hot. I gave it the best service ever and drove around slowly for a bitto bed the engine in as it had not been run in so long.

Took it to get some petrol and couldn't resist a quick picture with the new painted wheels

whitewheels.jpg

Took it for a blast up the dual carriageway and it flew. I was so happy and personally want to say a huge thankyou to tintinsr. what an amazing engine he had sold me

Took it for a RR the next day and it was producing 130 bhp at the fly. Much better than the 84bhp my last engine was producing

Next job to tackle was the MOT. Changed all the wiper blades and all new brake pads and another good service and it practically went straight through apart from the lach of a foglight which after a gash universal foglight kit was put on for all of 5 minutes. i had my years MOT

Few weeks later i found an amazing bargain. Some guy had listed a HDI FMIC on Ebay under simply EP82 front mount intercooler NEW. So knowing not many poeple would look on ebay under EP82 i knew not many people would find it. So 1st bid, only bid i won it for £180. Brand new i was so happy. Went 400 miles round trip i went to pick it up from brighton at 5 in morning. got home in afternoon and set work straight away to fix it. Went on straight away and looks sweer. Had a lot of modifying to do on the front bumper to get it to fit though.

Heres the finished result

FMIC.jpg

and guys after all the fucking about getting it repaired and a bit of modifying this is where we are today

Yeah.jpg

well the toy tuning stickers soon came off but apart from that this is how it looks today.

Next job is 2 new front wheel bearings as theres a bit of play in one of them so mayswell do them both. got a new hks adjustable actuator, gauge pillar pod and boost gauge on order from TM- developments. Also got a filter relocation kit and walbro fuel pump on order but they seem to have got lost in the post cause its been 3 weeks and still no sign.

So plans within the next month are upping the boost to 1 bar. get the wheel bearings done. Get hold of a plug in and play ready mapped ECU to deal with the fuelling, remove speed limit and fuel cut etc. Then im going to get some coilovers and lower it a lot as its currently high as hell lol and maybe a tong hybrid as well.

My plan is 200bhp+ as weve got a hell of a lot of heavily modded 106 gti's at the min that are getting well too cocky for my liking and although 0-100 i can stay ahead they can still beat me so i aim to wipe the smiles off their cheap french arses

So thats my build thread up to date, sorry i left it so long and sorry its a long post but from now on ill keep you all updated

thanks

steve

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good so far mate :p

I find it quite satisfying buying a car from a chav/looser and sorting it out and doing it properly. Felt great buying my GT knowing that im taking it away from somone who didn't know how to drive it and knowing that it was going to go onto great things.

Looking forward to more updates, including kill stories of the crappy french gimps :p

Jason :p

oh i cant wait mate. they take the piss so much cause of the 112mph limiter. will feel so good to cream them.keep up with them now with 9 psi boost imagine how quick i can kane them at 15psi lol

n yep its cost me thousands to sort out but its better to know that nearly everything thats on it now is new and I've done myself. got pleanty more plans for it now.

il keep everyone posted

400 miles for an intercooler, you mad? I did enjoy the rest of your build though good that you stuck at it.

yep im glad i stuck with it aswell and replacing the engine i learned a hell of a lot as well i basically know every bolt and every size of the bolts in the engine bay haha

but yeh that intercooler was a bargain. £500 plus to buy new and i got it for £180 so cant complain about having to pick it up haha

Bout time we seen a build thread :p

Nice little story mate your doing a cracking job :p

Plug and Play ECU FTL

Buy my Emanage :p

Saves buying a RRFPR, all you need is a decent boost controller and run a bar = 185ish hp, happy days :p

Wow steve, you have been through one hell of a lot with this car and i must say a lot of people would of given up (me lol) but you didn't thats commitment bud. Hope you manage to beet then chavs innit :blink: . Looks like you have some good plans for her.

Will look forward to the updates bud, hope it all goes well for you :thumbsup:

chanelle x

Cheers chanelle 2bh the more that went wrong the more motivated i was to get cracked on and fix it. i hate being beaten by cars haha but hopefully everythings fine now and i can start some serious modding haha

n sparky isn't it its been a long time, glad I've done it now

and yeh i asked Enzo about buying an emanage but he said its a waste of money if im not running serious power so for now a blitz access or jam ecu will do the trick fine. Maybe an emanage later

how much you selling yours for sparky by the way?

Cheers chanelle 2bh the more that went wrong the more motivated i was to get cracked on and fix it. i hate being beaten by cars haha but hopefully everythings fine now and i can start some serious modding haha

n sparky isn't it its been a long time, glad I've done it now

and yeh i asked Enzo about buying an emanage but he said its a waste of money if im not running serious power so for now a blitz access or jam ecu will do the trick fine. Maybe an emanage later

how much you selling yours for sparky by the way?

Sorry for going of topic, but I've got a blitz access ecu for sale if your interested, pm me mate.

***UPDATE***

Brand spanking new filter relocation fit arrived today

Thanks to Hairy1 for that one

shame its taken 3 weeks lost in the post. Started to think toby from TT is now in charge of postal services haha

pics will come as soon as its fitted

***UPDATE***

another quicky guys

all my stuff arrived from TM-developments today so took it straight to my mate to fit as i cant be arsed to do it myself and he is a genius with cars

so as we speak The starbo's having 2 new wheel bearings, 8mm blue magnecore leads, boost gauge and pillar pod, hks adjustable actuator, TT relocation kit all fitted and hes also going to paint my cam cover too :thumbsup:

Good times

Looking awsome mate!!

Whats up with the middle of your bumper though looks like the intercooler is going to burst through it lol

Nice update you will be happy with how it goes now, ECU and you will be flying :D

haha the bumper was well and truly fooked anyway I've hated it since the day i bought the car. its been scuffed and scraped too many times etc. so when i came to cutting out the bumper for the front mount i just left that like that. il get it chopped when i cba lol im eventually looking at a livesports kit anyway for it

**edited**

edited in change of reply to immature 106 gti gimps coming on here thinking there cool haha

can fill it in by saying my Blitz access ecu came in what must have been record delivery time

so thanks again to wee-jo for exceptional selling services

p.s thanks for removing the comment sparky

haha yep well just waiting on the walbro to come then i have all i need to bang the boost up to 1bar

just wondering if the ct9 can take that much boost though

cause at the min on boost its whisteling a bit which is making me wonder wether the bearings on its way out

if it does im not bothered though im looking for a hybrid at the min anyway

then all i need is some coilovers which 2nd hand are hard to find at the minute at then im going to concentrate on the bodywork and looks side for a bit i think

Big plans ahead lol

agreed mate and that ones thamls to you joe lol thanks again for speedy delivery and good service

cant wait to get it in

hows my old engine by the way joe? is it forged yet?