How Strong Did You Say Gt Gearboxes Were?

Ok, today of all days i was supposed to be going to pick my new car up (honda crx) from england, and i managed to completely destroy the gearbox in my GT, so badly damaged the wheels are locked right out. We called the RAC to recover it back to my grandparents house, we couldnt even get it on the dolly thing on the back of the RAC van, we had to winch it on and drag it across the floor. Managed to get it close to my grandparents house but had to drive it around a bend to get it off the road, managed to completely burn my clutch right out and my engine was smoking black acrid smoke, along with the acrid white smoke from the dead clutch.....Dont know the extent of the damage yet, i would have thought the engine is fine but not sure untill i get it out, gearbox and clutch is fooked along with the drive shafts because we think we damaged them by dragging the car for so long as theyre now extremely loose and you can rattle them about like tin cans full of peas......

The amount of work and effort it took to move it was unbeliveable, it took us almost an hour to move it 200 yards.

The RAC van managed to almost burn the clutch out in the van and partialy destroyed the winch on the back trying to drag it.

So its safe to say, my GT is well and truely f*cked.........

Lucky i was rebuilding it any way. :thumbsup:

Well its called magic!.......and a fookin big hill and an almighty crunch and a bang.......i thought the f*cking world was ending when it was grinding and then finally went bang.

If im honest, no offence to the guy i bought it off but it hadnt been looked after before i had it, im guessing most of its life it had been run with no gearbox oil (serious! ;)) i obviously put gearbox oil in it, but im guessing by then it had had a hiding.

Shes coming off the road, will be off for years though for the big project..........500bhp 1.8 20v here we come!! And the monumental task of putting the power down to the deck.

For now im happy with my CRX ;)

Image052.jpg

wow thats a big plan

what engine you putting in? 1.8 20v! thats not an ibiza curpa engine surey?

Lmao hell no..........id sooner commit hari-kari(sp?) than do that to my GT! ;)

7AGTE?

Correct mate, good guess! ;) BIG project, which will not be easy, custom parts all over the place, mounts, mani's, looms......the list is endless.

Will be worth it in the end, but as said dont expect it for many years yet.......looking at minimum of 2-3 years in the making.

It uses the 20v head off the 4AGE, and the bottom end off a 7AFE, and then add in the turbo or whatever.

7AGE 20v engines have a fair bit more torque than a normal 4AGE 20v.