Heey People.

i currently own a peugeot 106 and im fed up of it lol.

im looking to buy a starlet 1.3.

however i would like to find out abit more about them.

first of all.. what is the difference between a sportif and an SR?

i went on Parkers and they are bout 74bhp?

could somebody help me out?

thanks

katy :D

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to the site Katy

Starlet fine choice i must say, as for the difference between a sportif and an SR, the SR was the top uk model coming with all the TTE extras such as suspension, rev counter, spoiler front lip etc, i believe engines are the same in all uk 1.3 models but an SR owner may confirm this

Jim

id be tempted with an SR if one came along yes, see ya fairly local in burntwood, im just in Stafford

the S or sportif can be made to look just as good with a little work and picking some parts up from guys on the forum

Jim

haha im always in stafford. i go college there.

not far no.

yeah well i thought it would be a good idea to join the starlet owners site.

i know you can pick up cheap parts lol ive heard the starlets are pretty reliable too.

the cars ive had so far haven't been too good for reliability lol

are they good on fuel? i only have a 1.1 106.. i cant imagine there would be much difference lol.

Get an SR if you can, preferably one thats been well looked after, service history etc, they're great little cars, look very smart as standard, fuel consumption, dependent on how you drive, and how long for can affect it deeply, steady driving I can get 350 miles to a tank, which is good considering the tank only holds around 32 litres ish.

Engine is the same amongst the starlet range, advantages with the SR are speedline alloys, TTE spoiler, TTE lowering springs, TTE backbox, rev counter, parcel shelf with speakers, some pretty stickers, and generally a well sorted car, cheap to insure, and makes some great noise with an induction kit:)

Sorry for the essay by the way:) welcome to the club, get an SR and get posting some pics:)

Damien

haha welcome to the club katy

think thats the 3rd ex 106 owner to come to the starlet side this week lol finially people are realising french cars are gay lol

anyway how much you got to soend? im guessing you dont want a turbo then? cant persuade you at all haha

starlet_sr has pretty much said all the info for you, although he forgot to say that the sr has speedlines too :D.

welcome to the club girly, nice to see some more women on here, you sort of go slightly crazy with all these men on here lol, but you get used to them and they are all a great bunch hehe.

SR all the way, you have to get one.

chanelle x

Thanks for the welcomes :D

yeah i think im goin to try and aim for the SR

i have about 2000 to spend :D

welcome to uksc changing the car already lol? well worth it :D

yeah i want rid. all im gettin is grief with the bloody pug. revvin on its own

and cuts out when it feels like it. im only a student so i want something thats

alot more reliable :p

haha well french and reliable dont go together. i had no end of troubles with my saxos and got sick of them breaking all the time

have a look in the starlets for sale section and keep an eye on eGay and piston heads and im sure you'll find something

yeah ive looked on pistonheads and that and emailed a few people

theres a nice sportif on pistonheads but i can only see the one side.

asked them to send the other and they aint got back to me.

probably battered lol.

yeah my brother had a saxo that was 180 summit bhp. i think he got fed up with

spendin on it lol.

haha wow how have i not got bollocked by chanelle yet for yesterdays comments lol

and ohh my god!! 180bhp in a saxo? how the fook did he do that. i know they go to 160bhp with all mods. he didnt NOS it did he cause 180bhp in a VTS is hard to get lol