• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know what your saying :D i would prefer an SR though.

they have the little extras which means less for me to do :D

but your right if the right one comes for the right price :p

Get one then lol, if you wanna drop me your msn I can always let you know of any for sale. Can always advise you on what to look for aswell:)

Damien

Unless you really are concerned about the extra goodies that come with the SR don't fall into the common trap of "I've got to have an SR or nothing".

If a Sportif or S or CD or whatever the fuck else comes up at the right price in good condition with low miles then don't be put off by it just because it isn't an SR. :D

Yeah this is very true, I had a 106 which you could tell was about to cause me some trouble. Being a big fan of anything japanese including cars I decided it was time to purchase my first japanese car. I didn't wanna get a jap car while my R plates were still on as it's kind of embarassing to me but anyway I seen being sold locally from a dealer a white Starlet Sportif with 47,000 miles on it and full service history. I got it for £800 which was an absolute bargain! So when looking, don't be put off by the fact if it's a Sportif or w/e. I've got mine sitting well from looking standard. Just takes a little bit of work to get the starlets looking well! XD

alright guys and hello dean im katys brother, my saxo was claimed at 180-185bhp it was an lad motorsport conversion one but in actual fact it was about 150bhp as its hard to get past that without throttle bodies, it just had the usual cams, 421 manis, straight through exhaust, decat, induction, port and, port and polished head uprated gearbox and clutch and some other bits.

was a fantastic car very fast for what it is. but i went and got myself a toyota after dean on heres got his starlet also rory no dought i imagines on here and also our other mate bought himself an mr2 turbo so i went out and got an st205 gt4 so weve all gone toyota now katy wants to go the same way lol.

i like the red galanza rep aswell

haha see i knew you couldnt get a n/a saxo up to 180bhp on the standard set up lol thanks for confirming that man

Gt's aren't as nice or new, plus you can always turbo the SR. Atleast with an SR there's less to go wrong, and they're alot more sought after.

Damien

In your opinion that is lol i think gt's are the nicest looking starlets i prefer old cars. would rather look at a nova than a corsa d, rather see an rs turbo fiesta or xr2 than a ka or a fiesta zs.......catch my drift lol

Unless you really are concerned about the extra goodies that come with the SR don't fall into the common trap of "I've got to have an SR or nothing".

If a Sportif or S or CD or whatever the fuck else comes up at the right price in good condition with low miles then don't be put off by it just because it isn't an SR. :D

Idea behind the SR is there's pretty much nothing that needs doing to them, they're a well sorted car from standard, and just remember, us SR owners have a rev counter, so NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :D

Damien

haha see i knew you couldnt get a n/a saxo up to 180bhp on the standard set up lol thanks for confirming that man

In your opinion that is lol i think gt's are the nicest looking starlets i prefer old cars. would rather look at a nova than a corsa d, rather see an rs turbo fiesta or xr2 than a ka or a fiesta zs.......catch my drift lol

It's each to their own matey, I prefer the ep91's, suppose it's the round clear shape that does it for me, I do like the look of GT's, but not keen on the aggressive look. But then again, I love some retro cars, I love nova's lol, I could go on for age with a list of old cars I love.

Damien

i'm joking lol i dont really dive like a granny,

my pug has a nice zorst on it and i love the sound lol

so i cant help but be aggressive lol

i am quite an aggressive driver... i tend to scare my bf lol

all part of the fun :D

yeah i love the sr and i love the idea of all the basics are done.. suspension and all that shizz :D

im still in college so it would be a head start lol

no offence though damien but a n/a starlet isnt that quick

i know this is going to sound patronising but until you own a modified turbo starlet you wont know power

the n/a's are brill little cars for young poeple who cant afford insurance or people who want a car good on fuel etc but something like a vtr or fiesta zs will cream a n/a whereas a gt or glanz is true pocket rocket power

again i aint slagging sr's off starletSR but an n/a's nothing power wise

no offence though damien but a n/a starlet isnt that quick

i know this is going to sound patronising but until you own a modified turbo starlet you wont know power

the n/a's are brill little cars for young poeple who cant afford insurance or people who want a car good on fuel etc but something like a vtr or fiesta zs will cream a n/a whereas a gt or glanz is true pocket rocket power

again i aint slagging sr's off starletSR but an n/a's nothing power wise

Was I comparing it to a GT? Moving from a 106. It will be faster. And I will have a turbo'd starlet soon, i've owned turbo'd cars before, both my corsa's were running circa 300bhp, so I do know what power feels like:) And remember, it's not all about power, a well driven car will give a powerful car a good run for it's money. A n/a starlet is quick for what it is, considering the engine size and weight. But it's expected to get those kind of comments from you being a turbo owner:)

Damien

Bullshit a VTR or Fiesta Zetec will not cream a Starlet, N/A's do quite well to keep up with VTR's acceleration wise up to about 70-80.

Although I do agree they are fucking slow comparitively, I get bored shitless of mine until I chuck it into a corner at silly speed, but they are definately not bad for a 1.3. They do well to keep up with bigger cars and will blast most 1.2-1.4's into the weeds. (That is of course once you have a Corolla inlet manifold on there).

But in the bigger picture even turbo Starlets are slow as shit, they are underpowered in standard form but of course there is huge potential for plenty of power.

Bullshit a VTR or Fiesta Zetec will not cream a Starlet, N/A's do quite well to keep up with VTR's acceleration wise up to about 70-80.

Although I do agree they are fucking slow comparitively, I get bored shitless of mine until I chuck it into a corner at silly speed, but they are definately not bad for a 1.3. They do well to keep up with bigger cars and will blast most 1.2-1.4's into the weeds. (That is of course once you have a Corolla inlet manifold on there).

But in the bigger picture even turbo Starlets are slow as shit, they are underpowered in standard form but of course there is huge potential for plenty of power.

The 106 club near me can't keep up in their little quiksilvers, there's only the gti that does lol, but comparing to more powerful cars, they will seem slow.

The starlets are a great little car to start with, they may not be the best, but for what you get, they're great, on the way home from work I race my workmate in his 140bhp golf, he may have the advantage on straights, but corners I can leave him for dead. Which in all honestly, winds him up to high hell lol.

And most cars are boring in standard form, unless you're paying silly money, it's little things that alter the characteristics, exhausts, air filters, they all make them that little bit faster

Damien

dont you know throttle bodies= N/A??? thus a 106 gti with throttle bodies being 200bhp = an N/A 106 making 200bhp, and a 200bhp 106 would absolutely tank a 200bhp starlet lol

haha i knew poeple would take offence to that comment

damien i wasnt slagging off n/a starlets i was just saying there not quick. there quick for what they are but there not quick at all.

and scot-ish i agree although i love my starlet the only reason they cream gti's vts's etc is the turbo on it. you put a turbo vts against a turbo starlet and unfortunatly the frenchie will will

anyway as i said i knew someone would take offence to it. read what i said again slower and you will understand what i was saying lol