haha wow how have i not got bollocked by chanelle yet for yesterdays comments lol

and ohh my god!! 180bhp in a saxo? how the fook did he do that. i know they go to 160bhp with all mods. he didnt NOS it did he cause 180bhp in a VTS is hard to get lol

lol the chappy who had it before him spend 6000 just on the engine.

it was a vts engine with alot done to it lol.

there was no NOS haha lol

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome along, youve made the right choice shipping from pug to toyota, im one of the three being listed above lol

Thanks for the welcomes :p

yeah i think im goin to try and aim for the SR

i have about 2000 to spend :D

yeah i want rid. all im gettin is grief with the bloody pug. revvin on its own

and cuts out when it feels like it. im only a student so i want something thats

alot more reliable :harhar:

thats your ICV or coolant temp sensor causing that, im sort of a pug expert after 5 years with 106's lol

haha wow how have i not got bollocked by chanelle yet for yesterdays comments lol

and ohh my god!! 180bhp in a saxo? how the fook did he do that. i know they go to 160bhp with all mods. he didnt NOS it did he cause 180bhp in a VTS is hard to get lol

180bhp isnt that hard really, throttlebodys will get there very easy, or a very cheap decompression plate turbo setup will get 230 sort of reliably lol

haha tell her SR lol

and chanelle you'll never catch me i know origami :D:D muahahaha

@katy- fuck me 6grand on a saxo some poeple have money to burn lol

its easy to spend on french cars, mine cost me over 5k in 5 months, main reason why i had to get rid, my pockets wer beggining to empty lol

lmfao @ rick

and yeh i agree with what yur saying but a vts is 120bhp standard. And as I've owned 2 saxos i know there very reactive to mods. standard vts's are shit. whack a 4-2-1, decat, cat back and filter on it and they go like fuck. but put them on, add a remap and piper/505 rally cams etc uprate injectors etc etc etc thats ony going to give you 40 bhp tops isnt it? so total 160bhp 165 tops. so how can you get 180bhp out of it without turboing it

n haha by the way decomp plate? cowboy lmao my mates just done this on his vtec civic and he can only run 6psi cause the decomp pplate. if hed have forged it he could have run a hell of a lot more lol

French cars are underpowered bags of shit but you can't step away from the fact that the handling of the 106 gti for example is amazing.

Their reliability and engines and build quality are terrible though.

Oh and the pedal setup in 106's/Saxos is just shocking.

lmfao @ rick

and yeh i agree with what yur saying but a vts is 120bhp standard. And as I've owned 2 saxos i know there very reactive to mods. standard vts's are shit. whack a 4-2-1, decat, cat back and filter on it and they go like fuck. but put them on, add a remap and piper/505 rally cams etc uprate injectors etc etc etc thats ony going to give you 40 bhp tops isnt it? so total 160bhp 165 tops. so how can you get 180bhp out of it without turboing it

n haha by the way decomp plate? cowboy lmao my mates just done this on his vtec civic and he can only run 6psi cause the decomp pplate. if hed have forged it he could have run a hell of a lot more lol

ive had all types, throttlebodied xsi with a 16v engine, which pushed 180bhp proven at gmc, and if you done much with a saxo you'll know gmc are the dogs danglies, and was handy they wer on my doorstep

a decomp plate aint exactly cowboy, yeh its not forged, but it still drops the compression, i seen a saxo produce 220 bhp with 2 headgaskets, now thats cowboy, running mf2

uprated injectors, and piper 505's?? did you make that up?? as there nnot really used, piper cams on the vts generally are the 285 if your upping the injectors, or 270 if you wanna use them on stadard management,

a good setup with cams, and breathing will make 160, easy, with a decent setup of bodies, or carbs, you'll get 180. there is one on 106owners with 200bhp running TB's, now that will kill any similarly specced 200bhp turbo's car, but its cost the boy 8k or so to build it, all brand new parts, so it can be done, just money wise, aint worth it, hence why i now have a starlet, and early next years hould have a complete forged 5e 300bhp setup, for around the same price i could have had a 270bhp 106

agreed except the engines can take absolute death. things fall apart and break daily on them but the engines seem to be indestructable.

the only thing i can say is Simo who runs saxperience the saxo owners forum and he has a mk1 VTS turbo and my god it is fast as fook. one of the quickest cars I've ever seen. but again its certainly had its money spent on it lol

French cars are underpowered bags of shit but you can't step away from the fact that the handling of the 106 gti for example is amazing.

Their reliability and engines and build quality are terrible though.

Oh and the pedal setup in 106's/Saxos is just shocking.

indeed, the only decent thing to come from them was a torsion bar, and even then, its still shit lol, but the handling of the gti, is one of the best handling car i have ever driven, even clarkson has it as the top handling fwd car

agreed except the engines can take absolute death. things fall apart and break daily on them but the engines seem to be indestructable.

the only thing i can say is Simo who runs saxperience the saxo owners forum and he has a mk1 VTS turbo and my god it is fast as fook. one of the quickest cars I've ever seen. but again its certainly had its money spent on it lol

john at gmc had a 300whp charged saxo, this was over 2 years ago, there is still one over 300whp in newton stewart, owned by john's daughters bf, sayin that, he has reciepts for over 30k with the car lol

alright guys and hello dean im katys brother, my saxo was claimed at 180-185bhp it was an lad motorsport conversion one but in actual fact it was about 150bhp as its hard to get past that without throttle bodies, it just had the usual cams, 421 manis, straight through exhaust, decat, induction, port and, port and polished head uprated gearbox and clutch and some other bits.

was a fantastic car very fast for what it is. but i went and got myself a toyota after dean on heres got his starlet also rory no dought i imagines on here and also our other mate bought himself an mr2 turbo so i went out and got an st205 gt4 so weve all gone toyota now katy wants to go the same way lol.

i like the red galanza rep aswell

that vid = best thing I've seen in a while lol.

sr's are nice but for 2k you could buy a nice gt also.

shed love one and ive tried to persuade her but insurance is too much, unlucky being on the wrong side of 21 lol im glad im past that stage. unlucky sis

kates bro my names dj_russell on saxperience im normally the causing offence lol.

yeah something cheap and reliable is what i want.

being only 18..the insurance on a GT was shocking lol.

4500 i think was the cheapest quote i got. maybe higher :S

nearly had a heart attack when i saw that!!

i was going to go for an MG ZR, but people were telling me how

unreliable they were, so im aiming for a starlet :D

Gt's aren't as nice or new, plus you can always turbo the SR. Atleast with an SR there's less to go wrong, and they're alot more sought after.

Damien

yeah thats what my boyfriend said. can always turbo it :D

that wouldn't be for a while though lol.

im interested in a couple of SR's on pistonheads and that.

just waiting for my money to clear into my account and its all gravy :D

Unless you really are concerned about the extra goodies that come with the SR don't fall into the common trap of "I've got to have an SR or nothing".

If a Sportif or S or CD or whatever the fuck else comes up at the right price in good condition with low miles then don't be put off by it just because it isn't an SR. :D

Unless you really are concerned about the extra goodies that come with the SR don't fall into the common trap of "I've got to have an SR or nothing".

If a Sportif or S or CD or whatever the fuck else comes up at the right price in good condition with low miles then don't be put off by it just because it isn't an SR. :D

i know what your saying :D i would prefer an SR though.

they have the little extras which means less for me to do :p

but your right if the right one comes for the right price :D