Toyo Proxes T1r

A few months ago I needed new tyres for the front, so after having Proxes T1S I decided to try the T1R.

At £45 per tyre (including delivery) they are a very good tyre for the money.

The first difference I noticed immediately other than the tread pattern was the softer compound.

Here is the difference in tread pattern first the T1S and then the T1R:

t1sa.jpgt1r.jpg

As you can see the "V" shapes don't go all the way to the end on the T1R whereas they do on the T1S.

When driving there is a better "turn in" feeling with the T1R, it feels like they don't flex as much and they felt more grippy (the soft compound is probably the main reason for this). In the wet they were quite good, you just need to be careful when booting it round corners but as far as I can see it's the same case for most tyres.

On a good dry day they are excellent tyres, very confidence inspiring and you get a nice squeal to let you know when you're nearing the limit. I would say they're probably good for "occasional track day use" but don't expect them to last too long if you're pushing it.

Now the bad part, the downfall of these tyres is how quickly they wear down. I have had them for about 4 months and they are already on the verge of needing to be replaced. I do drive hard and I drive my car pretty much every day but even at that I would have liked them to last a bit longer, I would definately get these tyres again but I'm considering trying a different tyre, maybe the R1R.

To sum it up -

Dry grip: excellent

Wet grip: good, unless there has been very heavy rain

Cost: good value for money

Wear rate: not very good

they're a decent road tyre, if you're gonna be going on track at any point then definately look at hankook rs2's, they make t1r's look like shit in comparison.

if you drive mainly on road and just need a decent priced road tyre then yeah, t1r's are very good :thumbsup:

ive recently changed from toyo's after a LONG relationship with them.

they changed the compound a while back and they are just not as good as they used to be ;[

moved over to rainsport 2's now, and they are pretty lush.

that said, toyo's are such good value for money.

think ill be changing to these after i get new wheels. decided on parada spec 2s last time and i know it said the wet grip isnt very good but its actually quite shocking. spins and slides all over the place. t1rs next :thumbsup: