New Winter Bus! Ultimate Q Car?

ok, its only about three weeks until we head into another dark six months of just cold pishness. dont know how many more winters i can hack

it fucks cars and makes me feel miserable,

have been on the hunt out for a decent sized family bus to do the duties in over the winter months meaning i can keep the decepticon and athena away from the corroding salt

this car came up a steel in edinburgh, not far from me so had to have it. its a rover 600ti

first off i have to admit i am a secret rover fan.

and after ragging around in it the past week its an ultimate understated q car. rover did not see the need to add anything on to shout about its perfromance potential so it could be the same as a hum drum 618. its minted to drive. torque as fuck, feels like a grand tourer and that toe hitch baits people into overtaking me all the time lolz

im smitten with it already. its a cumfy bus, hopefully it will serve me well through the winter

its just a shame it looks so shit,

P1070415.jpg

P1070414.jpg

P1070416.jpg

92000 miles on the clock with a full service history, il get a pic up of the interior its well nice.

in 2004 autocar comented on it "having the same midrange punch as a sierra cosworth" so the car is nippy

book stats is 0-60 in 6.9 seconds 0-100 17.9 and 146 mph top speed, not shabby at all and more than a match for the 328 which was its arch rival at the time.

o did i mention the price £360

thanx for the replys,

think ive bought a good un Graeme, they are not that unreliable its the abused ones that fall to pieces, and the boxes are week.

waiting for the time when i can wipe that accord vtak grin off your face with my longbridge power haha

im just praying the headgasket doesent go.

done that already,

plan of attack

is getting rid of the variable boost controller and replacing it with a ebc, this mod aparently transforms the way the car drives as it has a boost limiter on it the same as the starlets means i can get 11.7 psi all the way through the revrange in the frist 3 gears,

after that, if the funds allow over the darker months

- t28 set to 11-12 psi

-front mount

-turbo elbo.

-exhuast.

that little lot should take it up to 220-230bhp but the torque goes up to 250-260 pounds foot on people with similar setups. it really feels rappid the now. with the standard 180 pounds foot which is there from 2k to 4k. quite diesel like

just keep a box full of headgaskets in the boot and you'll be fine. after a few weeks you'll be able to change em on the side of the road with your eyes closed i expect. ^^;

nah but in all seriousness, they're gay as they're usually unreliable and ugly, but, for a cruiser you can't really go wrong. if i didnt need a diesel (due to the amount of miles i do) then i would have probably done the same, but as it is my bora tdi does the job just fine, them rovers are equally as comfy and bus like though, so fair play to you mate.

it's all about getting out of a firm, harsh, uncomfortable, noisy and rattly car into your daily driver that is basically an armchair on wheels. i love cruising about, leaning back and just relaxing, without having your spine thrown out through your skull.

those engines do not like being boshed about i have to say.

they are ok for a qucik blap but extended kaining fucks them up really fast.

we put one in a kitcar a few years back. its spend more time off the road than on it. ALWAYS something dying on the engine. its a stock low miler aswell.

keep an eye on the oil temp!

your certainly good at coming across good cars for cheap lol. think my car will be off road for winter too especially if i get shiny new wheels. not a fan of rovers but i have a mate who has a 220 turbo. 200 bhp standard. prob same engine. quite nippy when it works. shame he drives like a granny

still a decent buy.

haha. its not that bad baz .

heres a few pics of the cockpit.

P1070420.jpg

P1070422.jpg

P1070421.jpg

they are ok for a qucik blap but extended kaining fucks them up really fast.

keep an eye on the oil temp!

ive got that exact mind set, after doing a bit of reading.

the intercooler is a total joke. its so tiny. im happy with the torque low down to be redlining it all the time

il be upgrading that before giving it a real kaining.