Recieved A Gineric Email From Tgtt Admin Today

Guest Enzo

Geo you rock, thats it, you got heart for this community and this forum is proof that people respect what you all do.

As for funding, i think this says it all:

thats well stupid I'm also on tgtt but not a paid member, enzo mate the people on here how are passionate about the uksc and keeping it going will donate anyway and if you ever posted up saying the site is struggling i can guarantee 90% of us will be more than happy to help , in my eyes this makes a better site because when people demand money it almost makes everything abit unfriendly unlike are happy little community over here ^_^
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this email too, I thought it was some kind of joke. If they are aking money from members they should be having to produce a set of accounts each year I believe, I would love to see whats going on with the money!

I've seen this happen so many times on car forums, somebody always gets greedy and forgets the cause. I thought the forums were for people who enjoyed the cars, or whatever the forum is based on, and was run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts. People seem to lose this and beacause they put a lot of time in they believe they should be rewarded, not by simply being respected and thanked for doing something for the community they think they should be paid. Thats what it sounds like is going on at TGTT

I've never been a huge fan of TGTT, I personally don't like the lay out and the lairy red background, I occasionally have a mooch but mainly at picture section and in for sale. I much prefer UKSC they people have incredibly friendly and hugely helpful. I've met some good friends on here, My boyfriend and I regulary meet up with people locally and without having been on here I wouldn't have met the loacal starlet enthusiasts like Shelly, Tony, Jay and Ross.

So crack on UKSC this will only make you more popular as TGTT will force and non regulars away from them by being unreasonable. I was shocked at having to pay for a sig - I mean come on!!

That's my thoughts! ^_^

yup, i agree with you there wullie, SXOC is a proper membership, with a proper owners club. tgtt is just a few irish lads and a paypal account.

that said, i think they are onto a winner. 90%+ of the users of tgtt are elitist noobs, who think starlets are the greatest car ever made and all just sit there tugging each other off about how good their cars are.

i recon LOADS of people will buy the membership, almost as a status thing; bragging rights, etc.

its the reason that the site is so big and so devoid of character. there is loads of chuds who all think they are better than anyone else. thats why the community spirit there is shit.

im a member on alot of forums (SXOC, S15OC, Driftworks, Detailingworld, yarisclub, etc) and none of them have the comradery or community spirit of this place. its why i still post here, the people. i dont own a starlet anymore, and dont plan to. but i still like it here as it has a family feel to it.

if you started charging people for this place over and above donations i think it would lose that unique touch that alot of forums strive for and never achieve.

i think what im trying to say is... i agree with geo! ^_^:)

your foing nothing wrong geo this site is awesome

its so helpful, so many knowledegable poeple, very welcoming and just a good laugh sometimes

the family feel this site has is brilliant and i will use this over TGTT anyday

keep up the good work dude

Geo, i wouldnt change a thing boss, the option to donate will hopefully stand us in good stead.

Over the past couple of years i'd like to think that i've gotten to know Jay pretty chuffin well, and i consider him a very close personal friend that i could confide in without a second thought, and indeed his words of support and encouragment during all that happened with my family and car last year have meant a great deal to me. Having said that, I can assure everyone here that in no way would Jay ever be the type of person to try to take advantage of people's good nature by trying to make a quick buck from membership money.

i cant speak of the rest of the TGTT admin because i simply dont know them, so i have no clue as to their agenda regarding membership monies, but if there was ever such a money making scam job occuring, i can assure UKSC that Jay would have no part to play in it. Put it this way, if that were Jay's nature he'd be charging me for the upcoming turbo conversion - you see what I mean folks??

Phil.

Enzo i also got this email from TGTT, i thought maybe it was just sent out to a few people but obviously it went out to a few more :rolleyes:

Anyway, i joined both clubs when i started looking for a GT for my beast build and instantly liked the layout of UKSC better. I don't really like the layout on TGTT and find it anoying to navigate through.

Everyone seems very friendly here and you all seem to not mind me being here, even though i don't own a starlet and all i ever seem to post about is my buggy build. I don't like the fact that you have to pay on TGTT for basically what you get here for free.

I have been meaning to do it for a while now but have yet donated to the cause, tomorrow when i sort out a few things i will donate some money towards the club as i feel its only right. I am a member of several forums and only a paid member on a few key ones, the donate function makes me want to give money more than a paid subscription.

Anyway, keep up the good work :thumbsup: and don't change a thing!!!!!

Jason :rolleyes:

use both sites spend more time on tgtt think its to a higher standard if iam honest i mean what the f*** is this Diby dib can i rub myself up and down you please. . . . i actually hate that! :thumbsup: , althogh i still have a look on here everyday and think its a wicked site with a better atmosphere, dont mind paying for tgtt or them asking for money its money well spent in my opinion its like having a mechanic on call 24/7 that email did seem a little desperate though but why shudnt they make some money for themselves? they have put alot of hard work into there site, dont see why you shudnt do so your self but fair play to you Enzo you have done it out your own pocket people respect you more because of that.

This is pretty ridiculous to be honest, Dylan either doesn't want to work anymore or can't afford the plane ticket back to USA. Don't mean that to be dirogitory but funny feeling there could be an element of truth to it... What you pay for with TGTT you get sweet fa in return in my opinion. Like tc boys said where the hell are they at events??

Keep up the good work Geo bud

As the others have said, Geo you are doing a top job and UKSC is definitely expanding!

I'm always on TGTT and at one point, I think the community was awesome. I don't post as much anymore though, and I think the "awesome" community feeling isn't there anymore. That said, I have nothing against TGTT (apart from being overmoderated in my opinion) and I will be staying there. I did think twice about paying up this year but bit the bullet in the end.

"money well spent" ??? well whats it actually gone into that benifits you mate??

it doesnt!!!

IF they had big TGTT events,banners, parties, track days, etc... i would pay as well but they dont so were is all that money going? there never at any events as said and i think the site could do with a "lick of paint" needs to be re-done.

I go on that site and its so dull and horrible as though a child has put the site together, but wen your on here its bright, fresh and is nice to be on here.....

i think TGTT would benefit in explaining were the money is actually going first, because in my eyes its paying for there parts, thats how i feel about it.

Dan

I know I've been away guys but all I can voice to all our members is that UKSC will continue to do what it does best and that's to feed your EP hunger and bring all enthusiasts closer together with no strings attached.

Remember we ALL make the site and all your support is much appreciated.

Much more to come from us that's for sure :thumbsup:

Peace

Joz

IF they had big TGTT events,banners, parties, track days, etc... i would pay as well but they dont so were is all that money going? there never at any events as said and i think the site could do with a "lick of paint" needs to be re-done.

I agree and disagree mate, they are at alot more shows than UKSC, Japfest, both Japshows and they are in the middle of organising their second trackday this year. The first of which was a very good day out to be honest :thumbsup: But yea they all cost money and wasnt discounted for paid members etc.

But to be honest when UKSC has a stand its a very gopod weekend and a much better atmosphere, just a shame I have to wait another year :rolleyes: but its definitley worth the wait :rolleyes:

But yea I dont really like the red theme they have over there.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been a member on TGTT since before I even owned my Glanza, and I can agree with some of the comments on here about it not being as good as it used to. I originally got a paid membership and when it came round to renewing it, I haven't bothered. I don't see the point and the benefits it brings aren't worth it in my opinion. I've always looked at UKSC but never really made much input on the site, I think it has grown over time and is getting better, TGTT though, past it's best.

Enzo, if you feel like you should charge for certain things to keep the site maintained I think many on here will be behind you.

I agree with Geo <_< i somehow don't believe TGTT is struggling that much as they have a fair amount of members on there.

And i think they have restricted so much from using the forum if you are not a paying member which is a bit of a shame.

My friend is the admin of this forum (sorry it's french ;) ) but i been looking at his ideas, and i think his paying membership is more

acceptable as it works like TOC (if anyone remembers TOC membership or even been a member of TOC :p )

Take a look at my friends supporter membership:

http://www.frenchsportsclub.com/index.php?pageid=supporter

Least this gives the member a choice to support or not :o

UKSC is expanding and working it's way up, i know i havent been on here posting as often as i want to , but i do browse from time to time,

but now i have my own brand new laptop iam free to use the net at any time yay :D but when i came back onto UKSC, wow i can see

progress and alot of changes :blink: SO :lol: to Enzo, the moderating team and of course the members on UKSC, great job, keep it up.

Shelly x

It's refreshing to have 2 completely different sites, and even more so when members have the choice to choose their preferred site. However, just because you prefer one, doesn't mean that what the other site does is wrong or crap. It's just different. Both sites are there for us all, and both can be accessed freely. Non members can still get all the information they need from TGTT, but they can't 'personalise' as much as they can without.

As Jay pointed out, TGTT doesn't bring in the millions you'd imagine, but it does need to have money thrown at it to keep it going based upon the hits it receives.

Geo - Don't change a thing on here mate. What you've got works well, and there's no need to change it. Similarly, don't get rattled by the way TGTT does things. There's more important things in life... :thumbsup: