Recieved A Gineric Email From Tgtt Admin Today

Guest Enzo

hey first off this is not intended as any time of slagging match. or dirogitory offence to our sister club. they are good at what they are doing and they keep doing it. i will also delete any derogiroty coments on this thread, its just i got the hump reading this, especialy the last line. and got me thinking am i the fool for not adopting their stratigys.

it just seams to me someone is getting gready with the money. there was no need for this email, or if there was it could have been worded a hell of a lot better. when i read it i thought, what a pile of shit!

il quote the email -note it is shortened down just a tad.

Dear TGTT Member,

As our community continues to grow and develop we require your help!(help for what?)

At the heart of the website are our members and we strive to keep the main informative content on TGTT free for all as information and knowledge sharing are the foundation of what we do.

How can you help TGTT?

BECOME A PAID MEMBER TODAY!

What do I get for my €10/£8

PAID MEMBERS GET BENEFITS!

-You directly keep TGTT alive - what £130 for the year for hosting fees and domain costs will do that. what about all the other money, wheres it going, the subscription from traders alone is enough to cover these costs?

-Access to the TGTT Chatroom - wait we have that too. its free is it not?

-Access to the TGTT Arcade - wait we have one of those too, its free is it not

-Setup your own Members Garage and share your project with the community - again we have that in the rides section, for free????

-Discounted rates on items from the TGTT Store - wait do i need to say more

-Profile Avatar- again we have that, for free ^_^

-Signature on your posts - erm ok, you need to pay for that too?

-TGTT Email Address - username@toyotagtturbo.com

Please remember that nothing in life is free and when making your decision to become a paid member or not consider the advice, support and enjoyment you receive on toyotagtturbo.com :)

Thank you for continuing to make TGTT the best EP community on the web!

Regards,

TGTT Admin

now the problem i have with this is their payed membership and the members who pay this(shitloads!), the revenu must go into the thousands?

also the person who wrote this is banging on how they need members help to keep tgtt alive. was it dying?

it just seams they are on a drive to get more cash out of people and has got me thinking long and hard about this.

am i being the dumb c*nt for having all of these features for free?

should i start making it manditory to charge everyone for these privilages?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where does all the money go? why is it keeping the site alive and what does the money do for the people who use the site except give them little things they dont really need?

EDIT - i didnt get this email?

i use tggt almost as often as uksc but prefer it over here, im not saying what they are doing is wrong or right because i have no idea what the running of a forum is like, but if people do pay it then they will keep asking for more

i got this email to and fully agree with what your saying. again without offence UKSC is a much better site.

you shouldn't have to pay for an avatar!

you shouldn't feel like a c*nt, your provideing a brilliant service for free as it should be.

i can see UKSC becoming bigger than TGTT, simply due to TGTT being greedy, its uncalled for and to be honest i have turned my back on TGTT.

sorry, just my opinion ^_^

Thats why I am not a paid member, dont see the point when I can have all that on here for free. Dont mind browsing TGTT dont get me wrong but you wont catch me paying for stuff I dont really need!!

Well said!

Honestly UKSC is soo much nicer to use, so I don't see where all their money is going to be honest!

sure on almost any other forum alot of the stuff mentioned is free. no offence to tgtt but im just not keen on the site. tried to sign up and it didnt register properly so was off to a bad start lol i cant use it. alot of people wouldnt bother signin up in the first place if you have to pay for everything.

thats well stupid I'm also on tgtt but not a paid member, enzo mate the people on here how are passionate about the uksc and keeping it going will donate anyway and if you ever posted up saying the site is struggling i can guarantee 90% of us will be more than happy to help , in my eyes this makes a better site because when people demand money it almost makes everything abit unfriendly unlike are happy little community over here ^_^

UKSC TILL I DIE ^_^

no realy though, dont like TGTT realy, i never use it. im a member and all ( not a payed one though :) ) and just think that UKSC is a shite loads better in every way. people seem better on here, i know the vast majority are on there as well, but this just seems more of a light hearted and jolly club. best ive been a member of anyway.

Jay

i wouldnt say that tggt isnta close comunity forum, it is, you do get some really annoying people on every forum who just want to mock and make fun of people. On almost every car forum you will have people looking out for each other and helping each other out because thats what its all about. but when people ask you to pay for it then i think its quite shocking, i think if your donating to a club you are doing it as a thank you to the people running it for putting in all the hard work to keep it together to help out other people, you shouldnt need to donate to get extra features on the forum but thats just my opinion.

im not a paid member on here yet but i will be donating to the club in the near future

i also got this message today and gotta say, what a load of shite.....

i totally prefer this site to that one and i think over there the rules and regs are far too strict and the mods always seem to be digging into the members abouts posts etc etc.....

and the most annoying thing with that site is the fact that if you write a thread and the mods dont like it, they reply to the thread with a snotty comment and make you look like a cunt and then close the thread so you cant write back to it!!!

i totally prefer this site, i think you guys are great and i am totally proud to have UKSC written on the side of my car.

the whole, "keep TGTT alive" bullshit is just a way for the person who wrote it (no names) to get money out of us.

the only reason i go on there is to see whats for sale etc..

This forum is awsome. tgtt is weak.i only go on there for the classifieds section.

I remember (being pissed) and having a discussion about uksc and tgtt at jae.

Its ridiculous that there trying to squeeze money out of people.

Soon i will be a supporting member of this forum, (im just super skint atm) becuase it deserves supporting.

Mitch

must say it got to me too boss, I think the option of paying for the site here is good, but I wouldnt use the stuff they charge you for over there, as said above I only view TGTT for classified

Please dont degrade this site by enforcing a pay per view attitude, its not what we have ever been about G, and we havent just started out at this

As for being the best site, that grinds me, we have never shown supremacy over them, yet i feel the community spirit over here is far better. Spose we just gotta do what we do, all the repsonses here show we are doing a good job at it, you should be proud of your achievement. I know we are, both as a member and a mod i love this place.

UKSC FTMFW! For the fact that you can Donate if and when it suits your bank ballance, which means you can still be a part of the community even if you cannot afford it, or simply do not want to donate.

The reason this club is so popular and well done, is because we have so many members that can still appreciate the club from the background, whereas TGTT means you have to pay before you see it.. which means if you dont wanna pay, you think "stuff it" and never go back.

People come back here, because its free and awesome!

Nice thread Geo, cuts like a knife..

im really sorry Jay. ^_^ was not intended to hurt at all. :)

and i would not imagine you being a part of this?

please dont take offence. this is not usualy my style. maybe i have a chip on my shoulder and felt strong enough to post, there is no malishus intent and its not built as a hatred thred or anthing to that effect, im not looking for all the uksc supporters to rally round neather. i just had to post.

im just hitting my head against a brick wall here. i put alot of effort to make a free site. when 100s of poeple on tgtt have no quams about paying the membership fee. its like they are brainwashed into doing it as there are no objections from them. it makes me wander. . ..

with here donating is through choice. no pressure. no emails going around or flashing icons to become a payed member.

i just read it and thought hang on a minuite am i the dummy here for putting all this effort in and not charging for it. . . .

No offence to Jay at all in my last post, i'm just putting it badly that TGTT doesn't quite float my boat.

If i'm truely honest Geo, I'm probably in no position to subscribe to use the forum, not for any forum. Learnt from mistakes.. The fact that I cannot justify having the internet to access the club to get my moneys worth if you get me.

If you charged to let us in each year, I don't think it would go down as well for new members as it would for old..

I've been a member on tgtt for over 4 years but in the last 12months I think the quality of conversation on there went downhill. There are some very knowledgeable people on there and I made a lot of friends both online and at the meets but recently I just don't go on even though I'm a paid member! The site has a lot of good info on it and more than once it and its members have helped me out. My wife got the message via email and we weren't bothered as I already paid mine last year... Which I won't be resubscribing due to the fact this site offers everything tgtt does! but I must say its still a good site but as Enzo said where does it all go?

Don't let the email put you off people its still good to browse we are all starlet enthusiasts at the end of the day.

what jay's said above probably holds some truth (sorry mate, too tired to read it all), however, for once i agree with you geo.

it's a very big reason why alot of the old school members dissapeared, couldnt be dealing with it anymore. i dont ever see tgtt at shows or anything, so it's definately not going on banners etc, hell, uksc and tc had cracking stands this year, we paid for our banners out of our own pocket, we work hard, we play hard what's a few quid eh.

basically, kerrrrrrrchinggggggg! ^_^

You should not pay for these forums, for one people like me will not pay as we have no car and therefor be ejected.

But I think most forums like this start up for community, making people pay takes that away. Donations are good, and if you take a bottle to the stands im sure people will put a couple quid in each to fund the running of the site. Simple as shit. That way we all know Enzo is in it for us and purely that and not for money.

If we put in a pot and he spends the spare on himself after the upkeep of the site, then that would be fine by me actually if it's not too much.

Forums like this are not a business oppertunity.

And actually im gonna disagree with these big arguements. I can fully see where Geo is coming from!!!!! Look at the responses he gave. He has a good point. TGTT never did shit to me, used to be ok, bue when they started charging I left. They create far too much income. Do the math? I'ts simple. It's an unatractive prospect and I had been on there years and given so much help. I was repayed by having to pay to continue that process. It's not fair in my mind.

i never recieved that, im a paid member on there, but i browse on ere aswell, and see this as a more laid back community, to be fair, if both clubs wer having a meet on the same day, i think i'd feel more at home on here, exluding the few mates of mine who are on tgtt(mates from school)

i see on there as being too strict aswell sometimes, and i think there are some ego's on there, wont go into too much detail, but ther position is abused.

that said, i am on both, post on both, and will continue to do so until i prob get banned off there for disagreeing with a certain person

another thing im not too keen on, is the fact when you sign up to a piad membership, you are automatically set up to pay this every year with paypal, i dont like that, and have voiced my concern, ok, i can cancel it in paypal, but no other site ive been on, automatically takes your next years subscription without notice or that.

my 2p worth