Revving High First Thing

That's perfectly normal,

The engine has a cold start system for cold mornings and when the engine is at cold temperature.

Once the engine warms up sensors like coolant temp etc will tell the ecu it's up to temp and the revs will settle.

There's nothing to worry about

Gary

That's perfectly normal,

The engine has a cold start system for cold mornings and when the engine is at cold temperature.

Once the engine warms up sensors like coolant temp etc will tell the ecu it's up to temp and the revs will settle.

There's nothing to worry about

Gary

Thankss for the replyy..

thats made me feel alot better lol.

another thing that i noticed is that it smoked when i pulled off the drive this mornin.

ive not noticed it before?

When i start the car up first thing when it hasn't been running for ages it will always rev high (2000 rpm) until the engine is warm.

Keep the revs down until the temp needle is at least half way up :thumbsup:

Woah that's quite a high cold idle you got there! Mine starts off at around 1000rpm

Thankss for the replyy..

thats made me feel alot better lol.

another thing that i noticed is that it smoked when i pulled off the drive this mornin.

ive not noticed it before?

what colour is the smoke? if it's white it will just be condensation which is normal

if the smoke is blue , it's burning oil which could mean valve stem seals are on the way out.

It's called a cold running map Katy, it puts extra fuel in to help warm the engine up quicker, it's an automatic choke, as for the smoke, it's just condensation, it's nothing unusual, I thought the same too, it's just a thing with toyota's.

Damien

you sure? More fuel normally makes things run cooler...

It adds more fuel in, but I ain't convinced that helps it warm up quicker? Anyone care to confirm or deny :thumbsup:

It doesnt make it warm up quicker.

During the warm up phase more fuel is needed due to condensation in the bores meaning fuel cant be burnt as easily. Theres also a load of other things but I cant be assed to get my uni notes out :rolleyes: lol

But yea Katy its normal and nothing to worry about :thumbsup:

thanks for clearing that up lew

was going to say i dint think it makes it warm up quicker

oh and Luke 2000rpm? even 1500 rpm is really high 1st thing

it shouldnt really go over 1100rpm cold then droppes to just below 1000 when warm lol you need to turn your idling down dude lol