Chris's New Beastly Mr2!

well 303bhp is very good for your mods, a little to good to be honest so either the dyno is out or you'll find your base timing is advanced a tiny bit or there is a sandwich board inside the ecu. saying that your torque is down a little as well, normally on the stock setup you'll find the torque will match the bhp so going from the norm you up about 20bhp on average but down 20ftlbs

well the ct20b is reliable to 1.2bar, just don't go over that. I must have done hundreds of gen 3+'s with these mods and there everyday reliable and max the stock fueling out. Although like you say ceramic isn't the best so a GT range turbo would be good its just alot of money really.

what issues you have with the avcr? there piss easy to work :thumbsup: go into settings and there is a boost value, like 1.2bar, and duty. the duty will raise hte boost level, once you get within a few % it'll turn to **** this means its gone into fuzzy logic and automatically sets the gain for you for best responce.

as for future mods you have a decat on there?

Tim

TB Developments

hhmm i definatly is stock ecu, but i would quite like to get it on a local RR to double check those figres... it has a rouge decat, i think the torque is down due to the buddyclub exhast. my friend had a similar thing happen on his glanza the bhp figure was high but as it was straight through it lost some torque.

i'l have a play around with the avcr, i'v gone through all the settings so i have off(0.7bar stock) A (1.2bar) and B (1bar) manily on off as i wasnt sure how reliable it was to run on 1.2bar or 1bar as a daily drive.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah yes the rogue downpipe lol which is just a rebranded chinese item, they got found out and then stopped being sold. if it ever does fail we do a full flexable version all garantee'd.

ah buddyclub, have alook under the car around the flexy section and where it joins the cat/downpipe flange, the last one i had in measured just over 2" diameter, which is actually smaller than standard and that was killing the torque. Yes its straight through but to reduce the sound they made a small diameter part. straight through but very restrictive.

A quick test is take the car out with the boost controller off and see what the boost creeps to. if it holds under 0.9bar at redline on just actuator then it shows that exhaust is very restrictive, normally with the mods you have they suffer from a wastegate flow issue and creep to 1.1bar. I had a departure 2 pro on mine which is 3.75" bore on the pipping and that used to creep to 1.35bar and hit fuel cut when just running on the 0.3bar actuator spring (Tvsv disconnected like yours should be)

so seein what boost pressure you creep to on actuator pressure at redline is quite a good indication at how well the system is

breathing.

Tim

TB Developments

i shale have to go out and have a test and see, there are two variations of the buddyclub spec1 and spec 2 i have the spec two which supposidly is 3" through out, but i have seen that restriction by the down pipe and when i have some time i wil try and get that bit cut out and true 3" section welded in.

cheers for all the help mate, most appreciated :thumbsup:

if you manage to get any Greddy unit's in give me a pm (i will most proberly keep the HKS as i know how good they are but if i can get hold of a type S run that for a little bit id be well happy :))

yeah no probs, the one i tested was a spec1.

do the boost test and let me know.

I shall also let you know if i come across a bov for you, i had one in the workshop ready and waiting for my glanza, that was off an mr2 as well but we had a break in a few weeks back and the tossers stole that :)

Anyway check out the forum bud, and my email is sales@tbdevelopments.com if you want any more help or advice, have to be careful what i say on the forum as i'm not a regestered trader, well hopefully not yet as i do plan on making some glanza bits once i get mine as a base :thumbsup:

Tim

TB Developments

• 1 month later...

Did you manage to fix the Greddy Bov?

No point in spending on a gt28r!. If you going to do it, you may aswell do it properly and get a gt3076.

here is some links to drool over!!

http://www.koracing.net/products.php?folder=5

http://www.atsracing.net/turbochargers_and_kits.htm

I think mine will be treated to a gt3076 in the next year!

Just got mine back from the bodyshop, Refurbed wheels, resprayed front bumper, rev 5 spoiler and toms rear!. Should get some snaps of yours and mine together!.

yeah, i found that the adjustable hole was rounded so when i went to adjust it, it just popped out :D

so opened it all up and put a bolt on the inside so now it holds as i'm screwing into a bolt on the inside of the housing if that makes sence lol

I'm not to sure if i'l be going gt28 and wouldnt wanna push the gt30 unless i ran forged pistons... so i might just get a hybrid ct26/7 as i want to make sure i can run 1-1.2 bar but dont fancy that daily on the ceramic ct20. just trying to keep money tight and costs down so cant invest in a Gt series tubby.

i'l totaly have to pop down and check out your beasty ride as it must look mint now!!

gotta get some pics aswell you know it would look sweet black and white contrasting 2's!

Did you manage to fix the Greddy Bov?

No point in spending on a gt28r!. If you going to do it, you may aswell do it properly and get a gt3076.

here is some links to drool over!!

http://www.koracing.net/products.php?folder=5

http://www.atsracing.net/turbochargers_and_kits.htm

I think mine will be treated to a gt3076 in the next year!

Just got mine back from the bodyshop, Refurbed wheels, resprayed front bumper, rev 5 spoiler and toms rear!. Should get some snaps of yours and mine together!.

yeah, i found that the adjustable hole was rounded so when i went to adjust it, it just popped out :D

so opened it all up and put a bolt on the inside so now it holds as i'm screwing into a bolt on the inside of the housing if that makes sence lol

I'm not to sure if i'l be going gt28 and wouldnt wanna push the gt30 unless i ran forged pistons... so i might just get a hybrid ct26/7 as i want to make sure i can run 1-1.2 bar but dont fancy that daily on the ceramic ct20. just trying to keep money tight and costs down so cant invest in a Gt series tubby.

i'l totaly have to pop down and check out your beasty ride as it must look mint now!!

gotta get some pics aswell you know it would look sweet black and white contrasting 2's!

Ahh, i think i get you!.. If the hole needs to be tapped, just bring it in and it can be done!..

Yeah it all depends on what your going to use it for...a ct26 hybrid would be good fun!.

I can understand about the money thing. Im having the same..and to be honest already bored with the power!. But ill never get my money back.Hmm!

Ill give you a shout when i get my wheels back (Bastards taking forever!!)

nd small update i guess:

my 2 has now had a full service... gearbox was a bit crunchy so drained the gearbox oil nd soon found that needed a change so got that changed aswell and was much better.

got my Greddy typeS fitted but need to fit a harder spring as it's leaking on idle.

car had a general look over and all is minty fresh :p

got a few idea's were to take this next but not 100% yet... might get it mapped as the fueling is pretty awful lol (i get 16-20mpg! :p)

im thinking of investing in the GTI mr2. seen a few nice ones on pistonheads. they go pritty cheap as well.

to be honest there such big cars without the turbo there pretty dam slow, look nice and sound mint but will quite easyily be beaten by even an almost stock V or Gt... but if you get a tubby ooo now you get into the fun stuff lol, plus with a bit of modding not alot can touch you :)

• 1 month later...

That's very nice - esp in black! :)

Have you ever seen any of the V6 ones out of interest?

I was messing about with the SW20 rear suspension the other day on a hunch (as the front 300mm WMS kit will be ready pretty soon) and found I was right - from my existing parts I can do a 4 pot 300mm rear kit!

Really cool but only for race / drift use as you'll need a hyd handbrake....made me grin though! :)

IMG_0959b-25.jpg

IMG_0960b-25.jpg

lol... i would love a hydraulic handbrake but then trying to set up a two handbrake systems (hydraulic, and cable) i thought oh bugger it cant be arsed lol.

4 pot rear brakes!... would make a nice addition :) if only i needed them :)

lol... i would love a hydraulic handbrake but then trying to set up a two handbrake systems (hydraulic, and cable) i thought oh bugger it cant be arsed lol.

4 pot rear brakes!... would make a nice addition :) if only i needed them :)

Yeah, it's a very cool - but very little demand product!

The "sensible" plan with the SW20 is 300mm rear (SW20 rear calipers on WMS carriers) and 300mm front (WMS 4 pot rightness).....I can find "a few" homes for that setup methinks!

Keri,

Hate to hijack this thread but could you not incorporate a 'spot' handbrake caliper next to the 4 pot on the rears??? If you changed the brackets slightly so that they had an extended part on one end then you could add the extra caliper for the handbrake???

I don't know if they are any good though, the ones like these..............

hi spec........

Jason :thumbsup:

Keri,

Hate to hijack this thread but could you not incorporate a 'spot' handbrake caliper next to the 4 pot on the rears??? If you changed the brackets slightly so that they had an extended part on one end then you could add the extra caliper for the handbrake???

I don't know if they are any good though, the ones like these..............

hi spec........

Jason :thumbsup:

Yup, I can do something very similar - there are other spot calipers out there I'd rather use as we don't currently have our own.

In the short term the 22v MR2 rear caliper in a big-disc setup is ok at the back as long as everything's in tip-top condition, and the (phase 2-on?) cars have them as standard so most people would opt for that.

More on the SW20 stuff soon...