Chris's New Beastly Mr2!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

well still haven't herd anything from the courts which is both a tad annoying but kinda nice at the same time :lol:

annoying because i would like to go down to Nick@tuningdevelopments and get it mapped on the Power FC, but there is no point if i get banned and it gets garaged or sold.

Nice because i can still drive the beasty around in the lush sun we have had recently with the T bars off :)

decided hmm i must mod something though lol... so bought some new Falken 452 rear tyres some NGK Iridium plugs and some blue 8.5 Magnecor HT leads, will slap all those on soon and that might make things a bit smoother and less tail happy :p

• 5 weeks later...

well... what do i say?

I seem to have been a VERY lucky gent and got away with the alleged speeding offence B), long story short i rang up the district area police that have all records (like the database central point) they didnt have anything on file about me... its been two months and the managing police officer said it would be likely i will hear nothing of it. HAPPY DAYS!

so so lucky its unreal, i worked dam hard for 5years ncb and this would have ruined me!

Soooo the modifying continues. I just got my arches rolled as my uber massive rims where scrubbing over large bumps.

Falken 452's are all fitted, and just waiting on another date to get my fuel pump and other little bits fitted.

Unfortunately snapped a stud with my spacer kit, so trying to source a new stud to fit the H&R kit.

need new wheel nuts so some nice D1's might be on the cards... also need some spigot rings and my wheels dont quite fit flush on the hubs so again going to source some when i can be bothered lol

Omex Launch control might be going on, but looking into this a bit before i dive it and split a ring from over use.

Now the big decision... i really wanted to get my car mapped by Nick@tuningdevelopments, but without a ban i can insure pretty much anything, so was kinda thinking maybe sell up and get a Scooby Spec C 51 plate or even maybe Hawk Eye... but then again possible Evo7? Hmmmmmmm

So Keep the MR2 remap it and see around 320bhp?, or get a Scooby/Evo??

Oh and pics to come when i get some bits fitted :)

As much as i like the back sliding about i just loooove the rumble from the flat four of a scoob :)

and i would love a mahoosive turbo, if only they where as cheap as the starlet world... 1k upwards for a good kit in the 2's world B)

haha yeah i need to think about a flat or house soon, but have another year or so to get me a dam fine car lol.

still debating on what to do... i love my mr2 and goes like nothing i'v ever been in, but cant get over the sound and handling of a scoob or evo.

hmmmm maybe a nice remap of my 2 might change my mind lol

Dont bother even thinking about geting a scoob i think they sound SHIT thats my opinion anyway lol and the pistons are like chocolate :lol:

As for an evo GSR dont bother with one of them either the bottom end's are pants but if you are thinking of getting FQ330 or something like that then i would say what the fook are you waiting for get one lol.

I've been thinking of getting an MR2 turbo but they are such a pain in the arss to work on i dont think i will bother!!!

What ever you decide im sure it will be the right one good luck anyway chris :)

yeah i know what you mean about working on them... i could quite easily take out and work around a V's engine no problem. but the dam MR2 engine is in a bit of a nightmare location and anything past head related things usually means dropping the engine out!

I still really really don't no, if i get a Subaru it will be a modern blob eye or hawk eye.... if i get an Evo it will be an Evo6/7 engines seem all good on the 7 and spec wise you get alot for your money.

will be doing some thinking over these next few weeks and see what i decide.

I agree, the Mk1 was bad for my back but now I've got a Mk2 it's even worse!

Just changed the downpipe (nightmare!!!) and handbrake cables on mine, and am busy fabricating up a custom silencer (the std one can fk off with all those extra fat-a### kgs..) :lol:

I grabbed mine as a runabout because it was mint - didn't notice it was the 3SFE lump! Oops... (by "oops" I mean "MOT it, sell it, buy a GT or a Turbo").

@Keri-wms haha, did you not realise when the turbo didnt spool something wasnt right? oh it doesnt have one lol. can pick up an gts cheap as chips :)

lots of me talking with very little pic lol so i though i would be nice and put up a few of my little bits i have:

Fuel pump, HT Leads, Spark plugs, Locking Rays wheel nuts, huuge spigot rings lol

DSCF1565.jpg

and my rolled arches:

DSCF1567.jpg

nothing special but can go over bumps with out scrubbing now which is nice :p

that's it for now... on the look out for an extended long stud if anyone knows where to pick one up?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...