Someone Help Please !

hi i was with my mate on the weekend he has a seat cupra r leon the bloke at the seat garage told me that i should not go over 120 mph in my glanza as the head blows can anyone comfirm this or is it crap not that i go over 120 alot but according to the bloke i bought it off he had 150 out of it ????

also what is the top speed on glanzas please

All of that is absolute shit mate, as far as I know it's not possible for a Glanza to go near 150mph due to the gearing?

And the head blowing... his head is fucking blowing if he thinks a Starlet is going to blow up just because it's going at a certain speed.

well first off, welcome.

secondly, it wont blow up if you go over 120, but wont be healthy.

if you do 120 on the streets, motorway etc , in my eyes your a prick if you do, one blow out or miss hap etc, it could be the end of you, or someone else's family.

forstly welcome 200bhp starlet

secondly to clear up the shouldnt be doing 120mph on roads etc lets talk a nice long run on a track or shut off runway etc i believe the starlets can do 140-145 mph. a lad i know tracks starlets and he said hes had 140 out of his with still a bit to go so im guessing 145mph is more realistic. as for the 120mph cracking the head thats complete bull and the guy whos telling you all this is abvously a complete clot lol

hope this helps

Sparky, explain why at the redline in 5th (not limiter) did my gps show 141mph. There is NO WAY the car's can do anything more than around 150mph. The gearbox is made for a 1.3 town car. No offence but keep dreaming if you think a Glanza/GT with stock gearing can do more than that. I know cause I've done it.

The C52 (GT) Gearbox has different ratios (in 4th and 5th I think) to the Glanza box, so that's probably how.:p

Sparky, explain why at the redline in 5th (not limiter) did my gps show 141mph. There is NO WAY the car's can do anything more than around 150mph. The gearbox is made for a 1.3 town car. No offence but keep dreaming if you think a Glanza/GT with stock gearing can do more than that. I know cause I've done it.

that is flawed mate on a few aspects.

the the c52 and c56 box and gearsets can be found in quite a few other toyotas that are not "town cars"

an engine with a higher revlimit and decent power you could atain over 150mph gps figure on stock gearging. the speedo would be well out though reading probably more.

No offence but keep dreaming if you think a Glanza/GT with stock gearing can do more than that

think il keep dreaming then :p