Glanza V Turbo LHD Forged 5efhte

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is another update, a rather sad one.

My car has always been insured as a custom turbo car. But that didn't mean that I was street legal. I wouldn't never pas a mot because of the engine and the power. I used to take the turbo of, when the mot was due.

To months ago, I got stopped at a police and mot control, on a the border between Denmark and Sweden. I the wanted to se the car. The mot guys were impressed by the build, but that didn't change that it was illegal. So no fines for me, and the gave me a months to make it street legal.

I took the turbo and exhaust of as usual and drove to the mot centre.

At the mot, the mot guy started to write up all of my mods. And I really didn't understand why, so I asked. There is apparently a law in Sweden, that says, if your car is an euro spec. ( a car made for the European Market, and has an E number stamped on the bulkhead. The the Toyota importer has to allow all mods! Which they won't!

There I have to bring the car back to 100% standard!

If I have started my build on a JDM starlet or a Glanza. Then it would not have been any problems. But since it was an EU model. It has to be totally standard.

So this is where my project stops!

I used some 3 weeks to build the car back to standard.

This is how it looked 2 months ago:

89c060fd.jpg

d56c7589.jpg

And this is how it looks today!

8965759f.jpg

56746226.jpg

:-(

Every part I had on the car is up for sale. First I will try to sell them locally, but if some one wants something and is willing to pay for the postage. I am willing to send it to uk.

I must admit I am a bit fed up. The last 4 years, the last 4 summer vacation were spent in a workshop building my engines.

For once I would like to travel somewhere for the summer.

But if I don't sell the engine and gearbox, in a year or so. Then I will come to UK and pick a Glanza or a Quadlight GT. and fit the engine and box.

That is crazy news Raffi mate and I'm very sorry to hear this.

I've been the same as you and spent too much time/money when I could have been enjoying myself.

I bet it was your pride and joy but at least now you can concentrate on other things.

Plus you still have any of your bikes?

Sadly you can't beat the system this time but I know you have tried your best with all the crazy regulations out there.

Kudos (respect) for all the hard time/money/work you spent to make your EP into such a stunner, a red EP and owner I certainly won't forget!

I hope you had some happy times boosting her when she was FTE inside and congrats on the website feature a few months back.

All the best with the future Raf man :lol:

Joz

Thanks guys. Nope won't be leaving UKSC.

My next car will be on here to. Even if it's not a starlet or even a Toyota.

I have no idea what will be replacing my litle toy. An Yaris T-Sport, BMW or a Volvo. I have no idea. Maybe just a small sensible car and a chopper. Yamaha, Kawasaki or a Harley.

Joz everything else I had is sold.

So I all depends on what I will get for my parts and how much.

But damn it was fun the time I drove her on boost. I did never get her mapped to the 250bhp and 300nm. But in the end se at least had 230bhp and 250nm.

I have probably killed every Audi I have met. 3.2 V6 Quattros or V8 Quattros. I sadly never met an M3, which was my killing goal.

But as I

But doesnt Sweden have some amatørbygg rules. that you can get a tuned car leagel?

I'm almost in the same situation my self. Need to take the "MOT" before desember, and almost nothing on my car is street legal...

But doesnt Sweden have some amatørbygg rules. that you can get a tuned car leagel?

I'm almost in the same situation my self. Need to take the "MOT" before desember, and almost nothing on my car is street legal...

Yup, but the car is not extreme enough for amatørbygg. I have asked them, and they told me, that the car could get legal, but i have to change it radically. Like putting a 3SGTE engine in it, and change the chassis to handle the power and torque. So basically, I would have to change the whole car. And I was just tired of fighting the Cops and MOT people.

• 7 months later...