• 1 month later...

thats the perfect description Michel! they make the rear look more modern!!!

perfect choice! looks awesome dude!

also, on a side note, one of my best friends is moving to Tilburg soon from Northern Ireland, he's a band manager and he's hoping it will make breaking into Europe alot easier! if i come to visit him, i expect to see your car!!!!! and Kevin's!

Phil.

@Nanglebadger

Sure dude, no problem. Tilburg is pretty much the Glanza capital of the Netherlands. ;)

@LukeSR

Actually got these from the UK eBay from a Japanese seller. Managed to buy them for 100 pounds (115 euros) delivered to the Netherlands. Quite a nice deal if you ask me! Most others I managed to find were 150-160 euros delivered. These are also in perfect condition. ;)

Another update:

Decided to install my turbo timer today, which made quite a mess of the interior. :)

P1000092.jpg

Anyway, this is the result:

P1000096.jpg

P1000094.jpg

P1000095.jpg

Have been playing with this for quite a bit and have to say, it's definitely worth the extra money over the type 0. Not only because of the auto timer, but more because of the shitload of information about the car you can see on the display. For example if you take the RPM mode, you can also see peak RPM but it also serves as a 2-stage shift indicator (which works rather well, backlight flashes and unit beeps 2 times). Same goes for the speed mode. You can also time 0-62 times, 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile etc. Awesome goodie this. ;)

Well time for another update:

Replaced the indicator lights yesterday, these were on KevinK's car, but he had another set, so I could have these. Is a real improvement over those dull orange units imo! :lol:

P1000101.jpg

P1000102.jpg

Also had some ignition problems 2-3 weeks ago, but I was able to get some Blitz ignition leads from KevinK too and I wanted to replace the spark plugs anyway, since I didn't know how long these were in the engine. Ordered some NGK Iridiums and put it all on the car today. This is how it looks now ( too bad the TMIC blocks the view :lol: ):

P1000106.jpg

Have to say those NGK Iridium spark plugs make quite a difference, didn't expect that, but it's really noticeable. Pulls a lot smoother in all gears, especially from low revs too, like when you accelerate from an intersection or something. Really makes the engine feel newer again. Would definitely recommend them. :lol:

• 3 months later...

It's about time for a new update I think! (although it's nothing major B) )

Last week I got the oil changed, new brake pads on the front and rear (OEM pads) and got my HKS actuator fitted while they were working at it anyway.

P6070156.jpg

At first the length of the actuator was too short, it was 123 mm exactly like in the manual, but that was too short so it was hitting fuel cut. Changed it to 124.5-125 mm and now it's boosting to 0.8 bar perfectly, so at last it's quicker again. :p (With the worn actuator I was driving around with the gay restriction)

Quite pleased with the HKS actuator as well. It just boosts notably quicker than before with the worn actuator (which was actually not a Toyota OEM part, but a Turbonetics actuator). I also have the ring in the vacuum line from the actuator to the turbo which also makes a difference, because at first I thought it was hitting fuel cut because of that ring, so I took it out, but put it back in later, since it builds up boost slightly quicker.

2 weeks ago, I borrowed a Meguiar's headlight restoration kit and used it on the headlights. Pretty please with the result! B)

P1000186.jpg

P1000187.jpg

Also changed the floor mats, because they were really worn:

P1000116.jpg

And also changed the gear knob (again, because you can never have enough different gearknobs :D ), just testfitted here:

P5100152.jpg

Also my dad bought an RX-8, which is pretty awesome to drive! B)

P1000172.jpg

Sooo, not a huge update, but at least the boost is back (and better than ever). :)

• 2 months later...

Finally bought a new seat today, chose for the Sparco R100, because it's just a really good seat and it's reasonably affordable. :p

P9010170.jpg

P9010166.jpg

P9010164.jpg

Only went for a small test drive, but it's a pretty huge improvement over that standard (shitty :p ) seat. This one really holds you perfectly in place and it's also comfortable. The fabric and stitching is all good quality as well, can definitely recommend this seat. :)