What Should I Do With This?

i have a sr. and its great so mint and reliable.

i got it in febuary but being a typical young lad i want a new car or do up the starlet.

so i need some advice people.

i think the best thing to do would be do up the sr and hold on to it for a few years and build up my no claims and save for my dream car a gt turbo or glanza. but if im being honest i like twincams too.

so what should i do hang on or go for it?

if i was gona do up the sr i would:

paint the speedlines white

wind deflectors

glanza lights

side repeaters

engine bay etc

and all the other stuff

so guys i need your words of wisdom thanks

paul :thumbsup:

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer

Basically he means use standard parts.

To be honest though, I got bored of the lack of power after less than a year so you might want to do something about it lol.

lifes t short to hang on i say

if you can afford it get a turbo dude. but dont leave yourself skint. but still its sooooo worth it trust me lol

a car like yours is what i dream of but im only 17 i wont get insurance on it.

and even if i can afford the car and insurance id be skint and have no money to do it up and that would be torture....

a car like yours is what i dream of but im only 17 i wont get insurance on it.

and even if i can afford the car and insurance id be skint and have no money to do it up and that would be torture....

uwwww yeh 17 is quite young for a gt insurance will cripple you lol do as ste says concentrate on investing in mods that you can swap over on a gt when you get them. anything you take off the sr keep so when you finially get a gt you can put the original parts back on and put the mods on the gt lol

uwwww yeh 17 is quite young for a gt insurance will cripple you lol do as ste says concentrate on investing in mods that you can swap over on a gt when you get them. anything you take off the sr keep so when you finially get a gt you can put the original parts back on and put the mods on the gt lol

yea ano insurance is mental.

under my mums name third party £2560 for a sr!!!!!!!!!!!!

if i go on my own policy fully comp £4678 WHAAAAT

so i dont even wana guess what a gt would be

£2560 for a SR?

I'm paying £1000 a year at the moment, first car, third party fire and theft and thats on my own!

Do what im doing mate, keep the SR, do some little mods to her then when i can afford it get a turbo when im 18-19 :thumbsup::D

yep mine was £3000 third party f&t when i insured mine first lol just over a grand now though lol bring on 4 years NCB will be even better lol

Keep the SR until you can afford the insurance on GT or Glanza.

I been looking into insurance and being 19 with 2 years no claims a GT would cost me £1,000 on my own policy or £850 under my mum. pays to just be patient , but as others said yet mods you can use on a GT :thumbsup:

Keep the SR until you can afford the insurance on GT or Glanza.

I been looking into insurance and being 19 with 2 years no claims a GT would cost me £1,000 on my own policy or £850 under my mum. pays to just be patient , but as others said yet mods you can use on a GT :thumbsup:

good advice guys keep it coming!!!!!!

dont forget guys over in northern ireland its hard to get insurance

wud be a different story across the water ,

Sr looks well mate

thanks

shit pics this is when i bought her lol

must upload new pic have more mods since then

I'd listen to the advice about keeping the parts for the GT dude, sound! My insurance is ridiculous too, passed in April and mine is £1510 fully comprehensive on my name (I'm 20 by the way).

Hoping it will come down a little bit when I'm 21, roll on the drop when I hit 25 though!

Want a quicker car but I'm the most impatient person in the world, lol! Hence why I want a quicker car probably ;)

5efe it and tune that a bit but then again that could cost more than your willing and go towards a gt fund ;) . what country is it where you insure a person instead of a car because i think thats a great idea.

As for the SR, have a look around the site for whats hot and whats not (modification wise) and as for re-sale value i would definatly turn it back to standard. Black SR's are rare :harhar:.

As for the GT, wait dude! ive been waiting around 2 years now, i have one in my garage and im still waiting untill this current policy ends (6 months) just to save extra money :lol:, but it gives me time to spend on it.

Insurance is ridiculous and spending 2-4k on it is just insane. You could spend it on parts for the SR and then swap them over to the GT/glanza when you own one.

Meh, thats my two pence.

Mitch

As for the SR, have a look around the site for whats hot and whats not (modification wise) and as for re-sale value i would definatly turn it back to standard. Black SR's are rare :harhar: .

As for the GT, wait dude! ive been waiting around 2 years now, i have one in my garage and im still waiting untill this current policy ends (6 months) just to save extra money :lol: , but it gives me time to spend on it.

Insurance is ridiculous and spending 2-4k on it is just insane. You could spend it on parts for the SR and then swap them over to the GT/glanza when you own one.

Meh, thats my two pence.

Mitch

thanks mitch. yea its standard apart from a jap backbox and induction kit.

what do you think its worth ?

Depends really mate. i.e. how big the bore of the exhaust is, condition, sound. The same goes for the induction kit.

Have you started a project thread? because you could post pics of them in there.

Do you want to get rid of them or are you just curious how much there worth?

Mitch

Depends really mate. i.e. how big the bore of the exhaust is, condition, sound. The same goes for the induction kit.

Have you started a project thread? because you could post pics of them in there.

Do you want to get rid of them or are you just curious how much there worth?

Mitch

i mean the car :harhar: lol