martinjkent's Car Pics

Small Update.

Picked up this recently thanks to Cornish Glanza. :p

2206491892.jpg

Should do the job nicely on Air/Fuel Controlling untill I can afford some proper engine management system in the near future. Will get this fitted during the week and let yee know how its goes. :p

Thanks to Dave's part number's aswell I got some new Hub Bolts to replace the worn ones a tyre centre guy sheered off when changing over a flat tyre so these will be going on now soon aswell.

Nightspirit sent me on some sweet Volk Racing Duralumin lightweight Lug Nuts in Red, great guy to deal with so thanks again for these bro... :p

Will update again in the next few days.

Mart...

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Small Update Guys.

Have a few nice plans for the car in the next coming weeks so here just one or two little bits to keep yee updated...

Fitted the SAFC, Just set up preety basic at the moment from a rolling tune untill I get her on the rollers.

DSC02098.jpg

These also arrived a few weeks ago...

Wheels-1.jpg

But more will be revealed soon... :wacko:

Mart...

WHEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! noice!!!

dude, stop bein so lazy, get those wires taped through the dash!!!! wires are UGLY!!!!! get a couple of holes in the dash for them, i id it for my rev counter! MUCH tidier!

hav to say tho, it looks fantastic with the two screens side by side!!! love it!

Phil.

Cheers for the comment Sparky.... :wacko:

Thanks aswell Phil. I know what you mean about the wires, thats a good idea what you suggested, putting them through the dash would hide them nicely alright. Thanks for the idea Phil.

Going on a weeks holidays tmrw so as soon as I get back, I'll pop up a few more current pics.

Thanks for all the comments again.

Mart... :lol:

• 2 months later...

Sorry Lads, I didn't update in awhile.

Right I threw on my new Rims a few weeks back, All thanks to NightSpirit again and they made a hugh different, Car is much faster on accelleration, more comfortable with the meater tyre and changes the look of her sweetly.

Wedsport 4.5kilo Forged Titanium TC's...

5.jpg

6.jpg

As I was off the other day, I said I'd spray the outer mesh on all the bumpers and give it a nice darker aggressive look. So from Silver its now Black.

4.jpg

2-1.jpg

And also changed the yellow calipers and rear to a nice Black. Now I still need to sort that front spar and its a bit bend but next day Im free, I'll get cracking on it.

Here's now she's standing at the moment with new rims and all the spraying.

1.jpg

3.jpg

Wheels suit it nicely :rolleyes:

Need to sort that top bar out though :rolleyes:

Ya Im going to do that next now on my day off.

I think I might just cut the thing out completely and bail that part of the mesh. :(

The Tyres are some Italian Performance Ones, threw them on for the time being but they perform very, very well. Nice thread pattern and holds on very good when thrown into the twisties... :)

• 7 months later...

Right, Time for an update, sorry It hasn't been sooner but this will keep yee guys going for a bit anyhow. ;)

Picked up these few bits before the hols.

New Brake Master Cylinder Stopper, Had this for a few months but found it it actually won't fit, As I have an EP91 chassie and the engine is an Ep82, The mounts are totally off, so I will prob have to sell this on.

DSC03045.jpg

New Decat, Had it for over a year but now it was ready to come out and show its face!

DSC03050.jpg

Picked up a brand new bigger Intercooler Core.

DSC03052.jpg

And this beauty was from Keith and I must admit the quality is awesome.

DSC03054.jpg

DSC03058.jpg

DSC03059.jpg

Got whole new Gaskets!

DSC03053.jpg

So when I was all set, Got onto my Mech and booked her in to get these all fitted. ;)

With the bumper whipped off and the old manifold off, we bolted it all up first on the ground and everything looked good so it was time to put it on the car. After we put the manifold on, we ran into a little problem. We found the K1's exhaust side was touching the bottom of the manifold, we think this was over the biggger Exhaust side than the standard Ct9. So it was either rip the whole lot off and be without a car for Christmas or Improvise.

So first we decided the rotate the exhaust side as much as we could for clearance but it still wasn't enough, so out came the grinder and we shaved a tiny bit off the turb pipe and had to fit two manifold to turbo gaskets but all is good now.

Here you see where we were touching the manifold so had to replace the right hand side bolt with a smaller one and give the metal pipe a tiny little shave.

Prob1.jpg

Prob2.jpg

Nothing major at all and once bolted up I must admit the difference was absolutley amazing. The car performed totally different, We were automatically boost spiking so had to re-adjust the actuator, Along with the new Decat and custom straight throught exhaust that was fitted a few months back, its crazy, there are no stoppages now and she just grumbles like a tiger... LoL ;)

Here is the new Decat fitted!

Decat2.jpg

Decat1.jpg

And here is the manifold bolted up! Paint is already coming off but my engine bay is only for pure performance! :D

Manifold1.jpg

Manifold2.jpg

And finally here is whats she's like with the new Core on. I must admit my mech had fitted this awesomely. It has the shortest pipe work I have ever seen in an Intercooler set up. Bloody Brilliant.

EngineBay1.jpg

And here is how she's standing at the moment.

Car1.jpg

Wed1.jpg

Car2.jpg

Now Im finally nearly finished on the Engine Side of things, Its been a long time coming through and alot of saving but she's finally getting there and Im happy with the progress. All's thats left is sort out a few more bits I already have at home and she's booked in for a mapping session for Feb.

Then finally I can start working on her outer looks, I know alot of people don't fancy the outside view of mine but all the extra money I had was going straight to performance and engine mods.

As I said, Now finally I can sort out the body, have a new OEM rear splitter at home and going to get onto Sam soon to sort me out with a Rear Bumper and we'll go from there.

Sorry again for the late update but Im not finished yet.

Thanks.

Mart...