How To Become A Trader?

yeh i agree the more traders the better in my opinion

i believe theres a certain amount or traders on this site that can be had

correct me someone if im wrong but didnt someone a few months ago ask about becoming a trader and he got told all the spaces on this site had been taken

might be wrong but im sure i remember it lol

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i'm a dealer of a lot of various products and i've done quite a few products in the 3sgte area of my business that are considered the best in the industy, i would like to expand this to 4efte's as well.

But apart from that i don't intend to have a huge parts database so it would be more of a workshop services i would want to push, but i didn't want to limit to just this as i can also supply a great deal of the parts needed, not only that but i have contacts and suppliers all over the world.

Tim

TB Developments

Agree with Nanglebadger...

From the looks of things, would have a much better chance if you were offering specific work and services..

The more the merrier in that case (in my opinion) as it means less travelling for members..

yes that did happen dude, i think it was Dan Evans that enquired.

like i said, at the end of the day its Geo's call, if he doesnt want anymore to give the current traders a stronger position then that is his decision to make, he has his reasons for the restriction to the number of traders on UKSC, we dont have as many as TGTT do, and the traders have been jiggled about on here in the last year or so, TC Trading are gone, as is Garage 786 (correct number????) and Geo has removed the Tong Turbos section (as he offers them himself now as an agent of T'Turbos), not to mention the removal of another certain trader who shall remain nameless lol!

so in Geo's defense, at least the traders spots on UKSC havn't sat stagnant for a long period of time.

Phil.

just read tim's reply there!!!

thats what i was asking mate! yes!!! nice one! in that case, if you want to approach Geo about a position, then i would recommend that you approach it from THAT angle, put the different spin on it, and tell him about your contacts and show him examples of your work with the 3sgte stuff!!! it cant hurt dude!

i can't speak for Geo, and i dont know if your request would be successful or not Tim mate, but there is certainly no harm in asking, and thats how i would go about it if i were you. tell and show him what makes you stand out from the other traders!

Phil.

well i've PM'd him anyway so see what he says.

regardless i'll continue to work on products for the glanza's through my own forum and shop, and eventually reports will filter back to the clubs B)

i mean i no longer use the mr2 forums but i'm on a 12 month waiting list atleast for mr2 work. so must be doing something right

Tim

TB Developments

agreed phil

the restriction of like 5 traders on this forum means that well 1.they get more business from customers on this site plus as you said it gives them a stronger position on the site. i can see why he's doing it he's basically looking after his traders

yes you are correct it was dan evans thanks for clearing that up lol

and yer i for got about the "he who shall not be named" trader for a minute there it was a better world haha

good point scot lol and with TT gone off as well there might be space then again weve got EP TUNE and Race-tech come in not so long ago lol

best bet it to just ask dude see what geo says. no harm in asking lol

ah! now thats a very good point right there actually. now may well be the perfect time to be asking Geo for a spot then! i forgot about that.

Tim, it sounds to me like you do more than something right, sounds like you do ALOT right!!! in the mean time, have u thought about getting yourself a signature to use on UKSC that depicts your forum and/or shop, with perhaps a link built into it?? that may be a solution until u and Geo can discuss things. just a thought.

Phil.

ive just had a flick through you site and it seems you have lots of handy bits in stock that can be a pain to get hold of. things like gaskets for 38mm wastegates ect that sort of thing. prices seem very reasonable too.

the shows massivly out of date at the moment, when we swap servers i got locked out of my own shop haha.

But over the christmas break were going to redo the lot, with 3 seperate shops specially for Mr2, Celica and Starlet, as there is about 15 different dealerships i have now that i have to add the products for.

Spoke to enzo but apparently there isn't any trader spots :p :P :D

Tim

TB Developments

Did he or you mention anything about advertising your site on here?

If there aren't any trader spots I can't see there being any problem to advertising your shop here and then when a trader spot frees up sell stuff in the trader shops section aswell.

yeh thought we were full up. as i said earlier there are a limited number of spaces. but as ste said ask about advertising on here. cant see a problem with a link and picture on your sig though dude

well not allowed to be a trader, not aloud to have a signature and not allowed to advertise!

because apparently i don't offer anything else that the other traders do (apart from location) yet the owner of the site starts up a shop that does exactly the same as everyone else without question. Sorry but this just seems like bullshit to me with one rule for one and one rule for everyone else!

Think i'll approach TGTT instead, i wanted to do this site because it seemed like a better place, guess i was wrong.

Tim

TB Developments

That's bullshit mate but I aint going to kick up a fuss as I'm on here 24/7 lol.

Did you mention anything about doing your own Starlet products in the future and you simply need a foothold on the ladder for now or was it just a straight up no not allowed?