F**king Fuel Cut!

^^spot on vpower glanza cl had a hybrid HKS actuator oem ecu and he got 170bhp the oem actuators are very very week i had the same problem with my old V its fuel cut all the time it was a fucking piss take lol got my self a HKS actuator set the boost just under fuel cut problem solved :p

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Was dwon the 'bran last night in my mates VTI Civic. He raced that GSI is it black, he was all over him :p

Back on topic your a complete nub for loosing to a VTR even with fuel cut WTF???

I used to keep with one of the lads B18 EK9 whilst bouncing off the fuel cut about 20 times :(

Get a boost gauge and use that instead of the rev gauge :(

First i wheel spinned a lot and thats when he pulled away and once we got fast enough my car went into overdrive and i dint turn it off because i was concentrating on the bend ahead, i did catch him finally... and then he couldn't get away from me!

The mods it has is not a huge list lol

New CT9

HKS Air filter

Bailey dumpvalve

thats it to be honest it's still on standard exhaust lol

I will be getting a ECU i don't want an FCD, i'de rather an ECU and get some more power too. But money is the problem atm, i might consider selling my HKS turbo timer, cost £340 wonder how much it will go for now :S

Hitting fuel cut wont kill an engine. :p

It's there to protect it. Ok it's not exactly "good" for it but hitting fuel cut/rev limiter is better for an engine than running lean or bouncing a valve.

But yes a piggyback/standalone ECU wins hands down. Don't fuck around with FCD/RRFPR crap, it's no where near as good.

edit - I'd agree with VPower if all he wants to do is solve fuel cut. Port the wastegate and get a HKS actuator, set below 12psi and you're set. Unless you've got both a relocated airfilter and full exhaust system with a decat then you may still get creep.

Ste, what happens when no fuel is present in a turbo engine??? Yes its there to protect it, but keeping on hitting it will only cause problems. I never actually suggested aftermarket management vpower so where the hell did you get that from??? And regardless of what actuator or boost controller you use, if the ecu doesn't like it, fuel cut will kick in. You're still avoiding the problem, like many have said, a well setup FCD and the other necessary bits will be safe for what he's doing, I only stated that a piggyback would be the better option!!!!

Damien

Ste, what happens when no fuel is present in a turbo engine??? Yes its there to protect it, but keeping on hitting it will only cause problems. I never actually suggested aftermarket management vpower so where the hell did you get that from??? And regardless of what actuator or boost controller you use, if the ecu doesn't like it, fuel cut will kick in. You're still avoiding the problem, like many have said, a well setup FCD and the other necessary bits will be safe for what he's doing, I only stated that a piggyback would be the better option!!!!

Damien

Nothing bad will happen when you hit fuel cut for a second or two. It's idiots who sit there with the pedal to the floor or the ones who bounce of the rev limiter for ages that damage engines. It's no good for the engine going from full load - to no load - back to full load - then nothing again very rapidly. But doing it for a second or two is fine.

Not sure who you're talking to on the rest of it there so just going to answer generally - most people are probably under the assumption that he's hitting fuel cut because he's getting boost creep. Therefore the problem is boost creep, not actually fuel cut itself. So you port the wastegate then fit a HKS actuator to try to prevent it.

Alternatively, if you get good fuel management, you can remove the fuel cut AND compensate fuelling for the extra air. Rather than these numpties who just fit a FCD and don't touch the fuelling, then the boost creeps up, and the fuelling cannot match the amount of air, the engine runs lean.

Damien

It only hits fuel cut cause it is boosting past factory settings so if you set an actuator and set it under fuel cut then it will not fuel cut...also when hitting fuel cut the ECU go,s into safe mode and shots more fuel into the engine to keep things cool

so it will not harm the engine, if you stop the engine management light comeing on altogether then it want go into safe

Nothing bad will happen when you hit fuel cut for a second or two. It's idiots who sit there with the pedal to the floor or the ones who bounce of the rev limiter for ages that damage engines. It's no good for the engine going from full load - to no load - back to full load - then nothing again very rapidly. But doing it for a second or two is fine.

Not sure who you're talking to on the rest of it there so just going to answer generally - most people are probably under the assumption that he's hitting fuel cut because he's getting boost creep. Therefore the problem is boost creep, not actually fuel cut itself. So you port the wastegate then fit a HKS actuator to try to prevent it.

Alternatively, if you get good fuel management, you can remove the fuel cut AND compensate fuelling for the extra air. Rather than these numpties who just fit a FCD, then the boost creeps, the fuelling cannot match the amount of air, and it runs lean.

I know that, but repeated fuel cuts like XPS has stated, especially when he was toe down. I'm mainly talking to you and vpower in general, where he got the idea I was all on for just getting a piggyback. It could be all matter of things setting off the fuel cut, boost creep may be one of them, but each car varies on how they react. And yeah a good piggyback will eliminate fuel cut, be safe for running higher boost, and leave more scope for tuning in the future, and fitting just FCD is the cheap and cheerful way, but if combined with the right modifications can be used successfully, luckily enough i've only encountered this before with the corsa, just boost cut lol, soon sorted that out with solaris management

Rant over, now leave me alone, back to sleep lol

Damien

simple solution like ste and the others have said... get an actuator and set the boost more precisely( an ebc would help alot!) . all the guy wants it to get rid of fuel cut... well stop hitting it anyway, and as i have proved you dont have to spend money on fcd/ emb's to get around fuel cut and still make a nice power figure.

my advice for a start would be actuator as stated as the oem one is pants... then a electronic boost controller and yeah a ported wastgae would help loads, that wouldnt cost to much, would solve the fuel cut issue and would make a reasonable power figure :p

yes fuel cut isnt 'ideal' and a emb would be better even a fcd (although i dont condone them lol) but for a short term solution look at the above.

ah no yeah totally an emb would be best but if money isnt readily available... an actuator and ebc doesn't hurt plus you need them in the long run, so thats why that would be my first recommendation, plus it gets you around fuel cut.

I didnt need managment to make the power of some running fcd's at a bar :p:(

So if i get a ported wastegate and a adjustable actuator how much am i looking at.

and wtf is ebc? lol

and wtf is emb?

getting a ecu managment is beyond, I'm 18 and student, can barely run the car let alone mod it. Job? I put £10 a day in fuel thats 70 quid a week for fuel, i work to put fuel in the car :S I get £250 a week cash in hand, but minus the fucking expenses i'm left with chips that i need to pay the car loan back with.

I can afford little stuff but having a fucking ecu like £700 (when i googled "Greddy E-Manage Blue"

If i had this fucking fuel cut problem a week before it happened i wouldn't have got a cat 1 alarm and instead got the ecu.

if you cant afford to maintain the car perhaps you shouldnt have a turbo car??

plus the car will only fuel cut if you rag it silly

emb= emanage blue

ebc= electronic boost controler

an ajustable actuator should tide you over... they cost about £80-90 quid.

porting the wastgegate depends on the company, you can do it yourself but i would guess you dont have a great knowlage with turbo's

you should be ok with an adjustable actuator or the time being

perhaps checkout some of the build threads in the build sections, everyone has done similar things to adapt to fuel cut. :p

if you cant afford to do anything to it should have just left everything standard untill you could. wouldnt be gettin fuel cut that way and would have saved on the stuff youve already bought and now the stuff your going to have to buy to fix the fuel cut lol.

I think it's risky using a FCD etc instead of a new ECU to run at a bar, due to innaccurate fuelling..

But i reckon if you're running stage 1 mods.. full exhaust, air filter, actuator set at 12psi then an FCD would be very useful if and when the boost creeps past the set 12psi to fuel cut (12.5psi?)...

i bought it with the mods haven't modded anything my self only paid to get the alarm done after selling my first car.

one thing i don't understand is, why has it suddenly started fuel cut, when i bought it the car was fine, the day it started my sis in law drove it and ragged it, i guess she din't warm up doubt it's to do with fuel cut though. It never did this before :S Boost creep? if it's happening due to the excessive cold air the turbo is able to consume, it's understandable and i won't buy anytyhing to fix the fuel cut, what i did today is put the turbo back on low with restriction on :p and no more fuel cut obviously although i felt the odd misfires now and again! I think i'll go for EMB then and get it mapped when i can afford to, but for now i need to concentrate on fueling the car lol.

I often rag it on the roads but most of the time i drive calmly untill a chav sits up my ass. (accelarating quickly to the posed speed limit)

What mods are done to it mate? Standard high boost is 9psi and with basic breathing mods (exhaust, air filter, FMIC) it shouldn't creep past fuel cut levels (12.5psi)..

Someone correct me if ive got this wrong....

Main issue is after the above mods, boost is increased to 12psi with an adjustable actuator, however with the stage 1 mods, especially is the cold weather (denser air etc) the car will more than likely creep up that measly .5psi and hit fuel cut.

In that instance i personally would use an FCD, just a failsafe.. it's not as if you're running a bar of boost (14.7psi) where the fuelling is going to be way off..

If you're running up to 12psi with breathing mods the car should be able to cope with that, and the FCD will just be there for when it boost creeps ever so slightly in this cold weather..

HTH..

if your short on cash just fit one of these clicky just fit it where the 1st and 2nd gear solenoid goes.

you can adjust it for the weather atm to under fuel cut.

its cheap and it will get you out of trouble, it will drop the boost to below fuel cut but you wont have the gear restrictor on

if your short on cash just fit one of these clicky just fit it where the 1st and 2nd gear solenoid goes.

its cheap and it will get you out of trouble, it will drop the boost to below fuel cut but you wont have the gear restrictor on

Tell me more mate, You can use this to adjust your boost but no higher than the standard 9psi?

WTF Why dint someone tell me about this before lol? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now thats the price range everything should be :D

Anyideas on how i will fit it in before i buy it