F**king Fuel Cut!

I really need my Glanza to stop hitting Fuel cut. I don't want to get a FCD because they are shit. The other way is to get ECU/Remap

What is the cheaper option...

and where from

Got eaten by a fucking VTR?!!!!! due to fuel cut and ecu light came on for first time because i din't back off after fuel cut hit and carried on pedal to the metal!

It isn't that fucking slow i've had 60 in 6.8 secs, capable of 6.2 on a good day!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When the stupid fuel cut kicked in (i expected it) i fuckin punched the steering pretty hard, left marks in the leather lol... When i got out i slammed the door and kicked it, which i later realised i just dented my car :S not alot though because of the angle i hit it at, but still fucking chav in VTR or probably even look alike with lowered,bodykit and exhaust in the center with u-wright tip in black colour.

And i did later think of driving into a tree. but guess what i din't

but i am still pissed of with the shit

They are shit because people put them on without compensating for the fuelling.

And they're shit because they're the most basic way of raising the boost. I wouldn't bother with it to be honest. A good piggyback or stand-alone is far better.

Your asking for a cheap option yet you don't want a FCD? You could use one temporarily until you can afford a proper ECU or piggyback.

What mods have you got? Try covering the filter in foam or something to restrict the air going in, seen it done before and it helps.

When the stupid fuel cut kicked in (i expected it) i fuckin punched the steering pretty hard, left marks in the leather lol... When i got out i slammed the door and kicked it, which i later realised i just dented my car :S not alot though because of the angle i hit it at

Overreaction of the year?

hahaha ive beaten vts no prob and ive been 2 car lengths away from a astra gsi turbo 230bhp :p mines standered well was i put a tmic rx-7 and switched my boost pipes around but i do notice when i rag it my managment light comes on some times as its boostin 11psi what psi is fuel cut must be close to that ?

I really need my Glanza to stop hitting Fuel cut. I don't want to get a FCD because they are shit. The other way is to get ECU/Remap

What is the cheaper option...

and where from

Got eaten by a fucking VTR?!!!!! due to fuel cut and ecu light came on for first time because i din't back off after fuel cut hit and carried on pedal to the metal!

It isn't that fucking slow i've had 60 in 6.8 secs, capable of 6.2 on a good day!

Learn a bit of throttle control instead of just "pedal to the metal" then you won't hit the fuel cut. :p

Come on lads all theys comments and know one has even thort of a boost controller or a

£95 HKS actuator as the oem one is shit...If i was you mate id buy an actuator and set the

boost at 10psi then if the boost creeps a bit through the rev range you should be just under

fuel cut :p

its not avoiding the issue, if he has a pretty much stock spec glanza there is no point getting a piggyback on stock components. you can still get good power under fuelcut as glanza cl made 170bhp.

It is, if he's hitting fuel cut on a standard engine, of course there's reason to eliminate fuel cut, otherwise he'll just hit it again and again, till one day when it's going to be one too many. And each car reacts differently to fuel cut, some come earlier, some come later, theres no pinpointing an exact spot where it'll come in, as for a piggyback? Why not? That way he can play about with the mapping, eliminate fuel cut, and have more scope for tuning later on.

Damien

dont you think getting a piggyback for addressing his problem is like killing a ant with a 12 bore. it is likely to be a little issue like boost creep because of the tiny penny valve. a hks actuator or a boost controller would solve this problem for sure. there aint any point getting a piggyback if all he wants to do is eliminate fuelcut

It is, if he's hitting fuel cut on a standard engine, of course there's reason to eliminate fuel cut, otherwise he'll just hit it again and again, till one day when it's going to be one too many. And each car reacts differently to fuel cut, some come earlier, some come later, theres no pinpointing an exact spot where it'll come in, as for a piggyback? Why not? That way he can play about with the mapping, eliminate fuel cut, and have more scope for tuning later on.

Damien

Hitting fuel cut wont kill an engine. :p

It's there to protect it. Ok it's not exactly "good" for it but hitting fuel cut/rev limiter is better for an engine than running lean or bouncing a valve.

But yes a piggyback/standalone ECU wins hands down. Don't fuck around with FCD/RRFPR crap, it's no where near as good.

edit - I'd agree with VPower if all he wants to do is solve fuel cut. Port the wastegate and get a HKS actuator, set below 12psi and you're set. Unless you've got both a relocated airfilter and full exhaust system with a decat then you may still get creep.

hahaha ive beaten vts no prob and ive been 2 car lengths away from a astra gsi turbo 230bhp :p mines standered well was i put a tmic rx-7 and switched my boost pipes around but i do notice when i rag it my managment light comes on some times as its boostin 11psi what psi is fuel cut must be close to that ?

Was dwon the 'bran last night in my mates VTI Civic. He raced that GSI is it black, he was all over him :(

Back on topic your a complete nub for loosing to a VTR even with fuel cut WTF???

I used to keep with one of the lads B18 EK9 whilst bouncing off the fuel cut about 20 times :(

Get a boost gauge and use that instead of the rev gauge :p