My New Starlet! Glanza Rep

A late merry crimbo to you all!!

some of you may have read that ive been after a SR of glanza fronted starlet, well with the cash burning a big hole in my pocket i wanted to spend it quickly.

a recent search on here, ebay and piston heads i found what now is my new car :D

its a starlet with 78,000 on the clock that was in glostershire 3hr's away from where i live so i got a mate to take me down there and we got a test drive in it and my god this thing handles brilliantly and its as fast as my vtec civic!! the interior is quite shabby with the floor carpet out of a house most probably haha. shag pile on the cards ;) haha.

plus with dodgy rear panels made out of wood and more fantastic carpet its not the best. i got it for £1200 which i think is quite a good price, anyway heres the piccies i will keep you all updated with the recent purchases :rolleyes:

26122009065.jpg]

26122009066.jpg

26122009067.jpg

26122009068.jpg

26122009072.jpg

26122009071.jpg

26122009070.jpg

26122009069.jpg

26122009074.jpg

26122009073.jpg

26122009079.jpg

26122009077.jpg

26122009084.jpg

26122009083.jpg

26122009082.jpg

26122009081.jpg

26122009085.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it could be a good motor with a bit of work.

It makes me wonder what sort of retard the previous owner was. :rolleyes:

cheers matey. haha yeah the mind does boggle at why he put that carpet in, but ive bought a glanza carpet, black carpet dye and rear interior side panels so piccies update soon.

i have to say even though its a 1.3 its pretty quick plus with a worn alternator bearing whistling after 5,000rpm i get to enjoy the false sounds of a turbo haha ;)

Needs heck of work on the inside, i say stripe it bare and get some nice bucket seats in it :rolleyes:

yeah the inside is quite shabby i must say but im going to keep adding bits to it, the buckets its got in it are good but with me being a short arse im quite low down makes it look like a 10yr old is driving it haha. i had my civic stripped, it was good for refusing lifts haha and lightness but it too hardcore for me these days and as its NA its going to do bugger all, whats the difference between the 4efe to the 5efe?

As said, it could be a nice motor with some work. That interior has got to be sorted lol.

Also isnt this posted in the wrong section as its only a N/A??

oh tits sorry i didnt know it was for turbos only, do i get away with a glanza front end? :rolleyes:

Surely it's not as quick as a VTEC Civic though? What engine did your Civic have? Or was it the crappy "economy" VTEC?

haha yeap you guessed it, it was the D15z6 eco engine. i mean it was about 125bhp with the mods but it doesnt feel that much quicker at all compared the the starlet which did suprise me

Yeah Starlets are quite nippy for what they are, and with a couple of mods they're fun to drive.

There isn't that much actual power, but they just feel so lively like they constantly want to go faster lol.

Also Starlets only weigh about 830kg whereas I think Civics are a fair bit heavier?

One last thing - please paint that bonnet white. :rolleyes:

Yeah Starlets are quite nippy for what they are, and with a couple of mods they're fun to drive.

There isn't that much actual power, but they just feel so lively like they constantly want to go faster lol.

Also Starlets only weigh about 830kg whereas I think Civics are a fair bit heavier?

One last thing - please paint that bonnet white. :rolleyes:

Thats what i was thinking as they are small cars compared to EK's and on motor ways its always in the butter zone 4Kish so it pulls well then and uses less fuel. wow im glad ive changed cars haha

Arh no i cant do, i love it ;) haha, well im gettin the whole front end resprayed soon so i may consider a colour change

cheers matey. haha yeah the mind does boggle at why he put that carpet in, but ive bought a glanza carpet, black carpet dye and rear interior side panels so piccies update soon.

i have to say even though its a 1.3 its pretty quick plus with a worn alternator bearing whistling after 5,000rpm i get to enjoy the false sounds of a turbo haha :)

damn i have the same thing on my car....another thing i gta get repaired

evening chaps. been a wild few days so havent had chance to get on here. went up to newcastle for new year and on the way back i kept up with a renault 5 GT Turbo at 120mph!! im suprised how fast this thing goes.

hope everyone had a good new year

seen this for sale ages ago when i was still looking to buy a starlet! :D , only thing id add outside is glanza sideskirts, defo needs the interior sorting out though. sure it will be much better once your done :(

Yeah it was on a few weeks on ebay, think it wasnt selling as it was pretty much near crimbo. Im looking at a few things to do on the exterior, got afew package arrived in the post recently so ill be putting an update on soon. Its for that disgraceful interior haha

Doesnt look too bad but theres a bit of panel gap on that front bumper.

Seats or interior isnt really to my tatse though apart from the Paseo dials :(

yeah ive noticed that big gap between the bumper and the wing, another thing to add to the list.

The seats are good but its more of a track mod, so its not really to my taste either to be honest.

Are they paseo dials?

who did you buy that off hun???

im sure i know that car

xxxx

It was off adamtyler69 on ebay, got it from glostershire, yorkley. the guy has another glanza rep in navy blue. so im sure he must be on here or something

looks a nice car mate u may be on to a winner. sort out that interior and your laughing. i put red carpet in my glanza but it doesnt look that bad lol I've still got the standard carpet if u want it mate

ive already bought a glanza carpet off ebay. but thankyou for the offer matey. will be on the next update.

Surely your red carpet cant be as bad as my shag pile?? haha