Best Lowering Spring And Shocks?

Tbh, initially my tien's seemed a bit funny looking height wise, but Seems to have settled a lot now and isnt to bad.

Depends what kinda of spring your after, My tiens are a sensible height combined with comfortable ride but stiff enough to corner hard.

You may find some that drop 60mm but will bounce around like fuck or break your back with stiffness. This is why so many hit the coilover route, height and damper adjustable for ride comfort =]

I used KYB New SR Special shocks and 40mm springs which I was told were TRD but not 100% sure.

Handling was great, ride comfort was good too, not harsh at all.

Since it's hard to find KYB New SR Specials I'd probably go for these http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....item&id=177 as they're easy to get hold of (remember to get both front and rear).

Or better still, Koni adjustables if you can afford them.

As for springs RSR are supposed to be good, Whiteline should also be good. (I think TM Developments sells these).

You might want to look at getting something 2nd hand, remember it's always a risk buying 2nd hand suspension but sometimes it pays off.

I've got my tein s techs on my sr with standard shocks, only done around 1000 miles, handled great, offered a good all round setup, make me an offer if you're interested.

Damien

how much are those things new, and does it look lowered? (be honest please :D )

and how comes your sellin?

im guessin dey lower about 40mm

Anup :D

how much are those things new, and does it look lowered? (be honest please :D ) and how comes your sellin? im guessin dey lower about 40mm Anup :D
the springs new are £160, altogether with shocks it worked out at £400 new. I'm selling because my sr was involved in an accident so are no longer needed, they lowered my sr even more than the TTE springs, I was impressed with how they looked and handled, look through some of my threads to get some idea of the ride height.

Damien

• 2 weeks later...

Apex springs are a tried a trusted set for sub £150. 30mm-40mm lowered and good spring rate, you certerainly wont hit the bumpstops. I had Kilen reds one time they sagged after 4 months and had to be replaced with apex. And thery are good on tarmac country stages. KYB gas OEM replacement shocks up front and KYB adjustables in the back. £100 up front and £50 for the rears (per pair)