Anyone On Here Know About Bmw's?

I was thinkin about gettin the e36 318is coupe and my 2nd/3rd car (in about a year or 2)

i looked at the MPG and it was 35mpg how does that compare to a Starlet Turbo?

and the insurance group was 14 :surrender: what is the starlet GT and glanza's?

and it weights about 1300kg which is aLot more than a GT or glanza, and it only produces 140bhp, compared to the Glanza's 133bhp.

and its the 1.9 version

But its RWD :wacko: and nice to drive

wondering if anyone on here knows anything more about them? are they easy to tune?

GT/Glanza or 318is E36? (i know its a starlet fourm, but be honest)

Anup

well my mate has got a 2.2 six cylinder and my 1.3 swift gti was faster i have drove a 1.9 and they just the same but if u were useing it say on a motorway i guess it wont be that bad but as u said it rwd so roundabout in the wet would be fun i guess but at the end of the day its up to u if u want one

kane

wow i thought that the gt/glanza would have been faster, but neva knew that the bimmer would've been slow :S

it just seems like a cooool car to drive :surrender:

and RWD is 4 winners! but i guess RWD with no power isnt very useful lol

owned a e36 318is,

loved it, raced my mates in there 325's ect wasnt alot in it till 80ish.. full m-tec bumber, full leather ect learnt to skid in it, and was very good for it if im honest, also had a 316, And good drifter will tell you that you dont need powed to skid, there fine in the wet.

But there getting pretty old hat now every chav has one! lol

If you want power then you will be looking at 328/330 even.

If your not much bothered about power 318 will do fine. My frend at work has 318 and in the wet he wheel spins the arse out of that car wether the is going backwards or forward. lol

As for reliability issues. the 325 tds (which will be around the same year as the bmw u want) electronic problems are notorious lol but since you want the "is" i don't know what problems will be in that since the electronic problems we had were to do with the back doors/seat people lol.

We had a 323 and 325d and now got a 325tds but can't touch me in the glanza.

i had an e36 m tech 318is coupe lovley to drive but the power is non existent they are really heavey to, i sold mine and bought an ep82, reliability i had no problems whatsoever it never cost me a penny and tbh they are beautiful cars to look at, i love em lol

Alright Anup =]

I posted up something similar few months back as someone offered me a 2001 plate e46, Lovely it was! I was really interested untill i started weighing things up!

The bmw was dog slow compared to my glanza. Yet it cost more on almost everything!

Bmw was going to cost me close to the glanza to insure, more on fuel, more on tax, more on tyres and more to repair. and it was slow!

ahhhh!! such a dificult choice :(

but the beemer is more comfortable, but i wont really be motorway driving anyway !

its just cause my starlet is bollocks! it rattles in everything i do and not fun to drive :( dosn't really look nice either :D

BMW is just a lot cooooler B)

^^^ last comment threw me.... im gonna get a GT or glanza, i wont be able to repair the BMW if anything goes wrong, and its insurence group 14 :mellow: thats bad for me lol

Thanks for all of your comments, really helped

Anup