N/a Starlet Front Bumper Lip

Sorry bud but that is a pretty rare item and i doubt you will persuade any owner of one to let it go. Trust me i spent 2 years trying to get one. I nearly bought a car off eBay with one on it once just so i could take the splitter off :thumbsup:.

Bourkey

first of all, nice car! oh wait...THATS MINE!

secondly, the search button will show u that this question is asked every few months and gets the exact same answers, so let me break it down for u...

1. There are 2 of these in the WHOLE club

2. No, neither of the two owners are prepared to "lend" their splitters for copying, it wont happen, so people should stop asking, they are rare and they will stay that way

3. People should also stop asking to be top of the list if either Tony or I ever sell our splitters

4. The last examples to be seen on the open market were attached to full cars for sale in northern ireland

your best bet is to go custom, something like a civic splitter, a Glanza front end conversion, an MS Designs kit or lip, or a laguna lip.

simples.

Phil.

Lol ok cheers lads. Hope u dont me putin up a pic of your car mate by the way it looks the dogs nads :)

ok my nxt question is how do I go about fitting one off a completely different car is it a difficult job I know it will have to be modded to fit. can anyone point me in the right direction for getting hold of a splitter for n/a starlets or mod tutorials for splitters frm other cars. any help would be much appretiated ;)

Have a look on Ebay for Civic/Laguna splitters etc, when you've got one, just trial fit it using thick masking tape to hold it onto the bumper.

Then when you've lined it up how you want, screw the splitter in with self tapping screws and then saw off the end pieces at the sides of the bumper, and use sand paper to smooth off where you've cut.

Simples :)

I think post number 6 was a little harsh, and the issue with using your picture is a little stern. I mean come on, if there is only 2 on the club then surely he could only use yours or the other so called members. If things like posting up pictures of members cars causes dismay then don't put it up.

This is a club for sharing, caring etc.. If a picture posted up of your car pisses you off then remove your pictures to prevent further usage, you are placing pictures at your own risk/discretion to share.

Cheers amjad so u mean like screw it in to get it match the curve of the starlet bumper dont need to heat it up and bend it or anything? Thing is I dont want to look like a bodge job and I dont wanna wreck my bumper doin it lol ... Fuck it gonna have to be trial and error I spose :)

yea wasn't sure if that was a bollocking or not lol but cheers for the comment addz

has anywon got any pics of civic/ laguna ect splitters fitted to starlets???

Here's some of my EP when it had an abs plastic civic type r style splitter (eBay special) fitted by my bodyshop.

*Photos Removed*

It goes quite well with the cars lines imo.

It had to be cut in half and the trimmed on each end, then bent/glued to fit the bumper's contour along with some screws in various places.

Success is based on the skills/capability of your bodyshop, so expect to pay circa £100+ for the full job painted and fitted minus cost of splitter.

I eventually had the line in the middle smoothed so it all looked one piece.

To be honest pretty much anything can be made to fit if done right.

A front splitter really enhances the overall look of an EP so a good investment.

Hope this helps.

Joz

Looks like a decent alternative to a Laguna splitter, but a bit too thin for my liking.

But if you like it, give it a go! :rolleyes:

a lad a works got a mk2 mondeo with this lip its wer i got the idea but they dont look as thin in the flesh gonna see if i can buy it off him cheap jus to see how it looks if it looks shite then ill most likely go civic splitter tbh

but I've got other things on my mind at the min my m8s breakin his 230bhp gt and im getting some bits off him so im a bit skint lol performance before looks me thinks :lol:

first of all, nice car! oh wait...THATS MINE!

secondly, the search button will show u that this question is asked every few months and gets the exact same answers, so let me break it down for u...

1. There are 2 of these in the WHOLE club

2. No, neither of the two owners are prepared to "lend" their splitters for copying, it wont happen, so people should stop asking, they are rare and they will stay that way

3. People should also stop asking to be top of the list if either Tony or I ever sell our splitters

4. The last examples to be seen on the open market were attached to full cars for sale in northern ireland

your best bet is to go custom, something like a civic splitter, a Glanza front end conversion, an MS Designs kit or lip, or a laguna lip.

simples.

Phil.

That was harsh. A bit to blunt. You wanna hope I dont get ahold of one cuz it wont be rare for long.

Gavin

ok i admit, i can see how that reads a little harsh now, it was not intended as such, i had a REAL bad month last month. so ai apologise to u barry if u took it as being somewhat harsh, that was not the intention.

however, seein as how two individuals fancy an argument and i'm bored right now...did i say i minded my car being used....odd...i think i didnt....carry on. but i have recently found my car being used for a number of things that I havnt been asked permission for, this example doesnt bother me, but it gets somewhat disconcerting when u find your car on other websites being used for things u were unaware of.

and if u think the advice of using the search button is "harsh", try posting repetitve questions on TGTT and see the response u get there, but i get PMs all the bloody time asking about the splitter and can they be head of the first refusal list. it wears a little thin, and tbh, i have seen much harsher responses to the age old "TTE splitter" request threads even here on UKSC from other members.

secondly Addz....everyone can see i posted Post 6 - why not simply adress your reply AT me then, u wana say somethin to me then say it, i dont mind. my fed up reply came from two things, i was having a BAD month last month, and secondly, u guys honestly wouldnt believe how often i get this question in a PM, it honsetly wears thin.

and Gavin - good for u, u wana make some money off TTE splitter replicas, u go right ahead, i was offered it years ago by Toby and turned it down, but if u find one and wana get replicas made up for folk be my guest, it honestly wont bother me as much as u seem to imagine it will. and as for "blunt", hows about people ask u the same questions for years on end, then i'll ask u again and we'll see if u invite me out for diner and drinks or if u get pissy about it?

@Barry - as i said, custom, laguna, or Glanza front end or MS Designs lip are u best options.

Phil.

ok i admit, i can see how that reads a little harsh now, it was not intended as such, i had a REAL bad month last month. so ai apologise to u barry if u took it as being somewhat harsh, that was not the intention.

however, seein as how two individuals fancy an argument and i'm bored right now...did i say i minded my car being used....odd...i think i didnt....carry on. but i have recently found my car being used for a number of things that I havnt been asked permission for, this example doesnt bother me, but it gets somewhat disconcerting when u find your car on other websites being used for things u were unaware of.

and if u think the advice of using the search button is "harsh", try posting repetitve questions on TGTT and see the response u get there, but i get PMs all the bloody time asking about the splitter and can they be head of the first refusal list. it wears a little thin, and tbh, i have seen much harsher responses to the age old "TTE splitter" request threads even here on UKSC from other members.

secondly Addz....everyone can see i posted Post 6 - why not simply adress your reply AT me then, u wana say somethin to me then say it, i dont mind. my fed up reply came from two things, i was having a BAD month last month, and secondly, u guys honestly wouldnt believe how often i get this question in a PM, it honsetly wears thin.

and Gavin - good for u, u wana make some money off TTE splitter replicas, u go right ahead, i was offered it years ago by Toby and turned it down, but if u find one and wana get replicas made up for folk be my guest, it honestly wont bother me as much as u seem to imagine it will. and as for "blunt", hows about people ask u the same questions for years on end, then i'll ask u again and we'll see if u invite me out for diner and drinks or if u get pissy about it?

@Barry - as i said, custom, laguna, or Glanza front end or MS Designs lip are u best options.

Phil.

I think your making it sound worse than we did tbh.

And Id do it myself im almost an expert with fibreglass.

Gavin

Gavin, you do realise that the want for TTE lips is because its uber rare, not because its so god damn amazingly sexy.

The novelty will wear off when everyone has one, it would just be "another" lip.

fair dues, context and feeling gets lost in text.

there would be quite a market in TTE reps tbh, i'm surprised they havnt appeared before now.

Joz's Civic adaptation wasn't far off! looked real well.

Phil.

Totally agree with everything.

Gavin, you do realise that the want for TTE lips is because its uber rare, not because its so god damn amazingly sexy.

The novelty will wear off when everyone has one, it would just be "another" lip.

I dont have it in me to make thousands of the things or ever hundreds but the market needs a few more!

From uber rare to rare is all that is needed in my option.

Gavin