Anyone Done A Body Work/painting Course?

Has anyone here done a course on body work or just basic spray painting and body repair?

I'm considering doing one next year or something but not a full time weekday thing, just a part time/night course to learn the basics.

Would be nice to learn how to get rid of rust/dents/sanding/filling/painting/etc... rather than paying someone else to do it or bodging it.

i did! it was shit. lecturers left us with square panels and hit them with a hammer a few times then told us to fix it and dissapear. there was 15year olds in my class that had been kicked out of school and they were crashing cars in the workshop and everything. it was a disaster lol

i did! it was shit. lecturers left us with square panels and hit them with a hammer a few times then told us to fix it and dissapear. there was 15year olds in my class that had been kicked out of school and they were crashing cars in the workshop and everything. it was a disaster lol

rofl sounds a bit like what goes on in my college

Sounds like my old college too :D

Only that we used to throw shit at eachother

yeah it was a bit nuts i painted a fiesta and 1 of the wee nobs scratched it, i was ded proud of it too lol ended up giving him a slap then him and his mate tried to jump me out side college and i threw the 2 of them about lol

You didn't get attached to a Fiesta did you ? :D

lookin very banana man under the bonnet.lol i had mark2 fiesta aswel as first motor loved it

haha was like that when i got it.

first nite i picked it up i took it to the garage for petrol and it ran out just as i got to the garage and had to push it to the pump. had 2 lads in a civic type r next to me laughing at it and me! i was gutted lol i got stuck at the lights with them as we pulled out we went for it my first time driving it and i had him :D

I have done a small amount of work on a T4 Van. Mainly rust preperation but with sand paper and a block - no power tools :D

Its not an easy job and it was only slight surface rust, its hard work and you don't feel like you have done much.

My opinion my friend - It's one of those things you can learn without having to go to college, college generally is fun and you meet new people and such, but it goes past and blows over. It's a waste of life really. Like I say you could learn it on the internet quite easily, go down a scrapyard and get yourself something to test on. I think if you can teach yourself then do it.

My opinion my friend - It's one of those things you can learn without having to go to college, college generally is fun and you meet new people and such, but it goes past and blows over. It's a waste of life really. Like I say you could learn it on the internet quite easily, go down a scrapyard and get yourself something to test on. I think if you can teach yourself then do it.

This is what I've done with mechanics - taught it myself by reading on the net and doing things on the car.

For bodywork though I'd want something to practise on before I made a mess of my cars. :D

Done college before, wouldn't do a full course again, waste of time, I was after just a short course on it if anyone's done one but it seems not.

Yeh my particular courses were a waste of time, had I been earning money from 18 19, life would definatly be better. Also I could have learned as much as I did myself in a day. You realise it takes yaers of your life when it only really takes weeks or months. Plus, you meet people at work and have a laugh and shit anyway, atleast if you don't like them you can leave, if you didn't like anyone at college your gonna have a bad time. But depends on how you are, how you feel and what you want to learn, sometimes a proper education is the only way.