hi guys.. been too a few rally events now. and watchin a lot of videos n im addicted too antilag.!! is it possible too havve it mapped into my ecu?.. (farina racer standalone). n how much. i need my ecu remapped anyway n was wonderin if i could get antilag mapped into it? n whats everyones thoughts on it.. personally i love it! poppin n bangin like mad :lol::rolleyes:

cheers guys.. dan

yet again cat u come too my rescue haha.... are you actually jokin lol.. ye theyre rare as hell but i wouldve though someone in the uk could map em lol... ... welll turbo seems too b fine n would only be used now and again because i actually love it lol....

:rolleyes: cheers

Farina Racer's ECU is just like the other "Plug 'n' Plays", and you'd be very hard pressed to find someone that can remap it for you - surely someone exists that could, but outside of Japan, I've never seen it done

Farina Racer's ECU is just like the other "Plug 'n' Plays", and you'd be very hard pressed to find someone that can remap it for you - surely someone exists that could, but outside of Japan, I've never seen it done

great stuff :thumbsup:

not :(:(... not a happy bunny now lol... hmmm its gonna cost wayy to much too get it shipped over too japan n mapped plus they might not even do it n just steal my cash. not very trustin in that department. easiest thing would b buy a new ecu ./.. lol

cheers guys. dan :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

I think a basic understanding of it is: when your off throttle it still fuels to keep the turbo spooled up, so your always on boost :)

Sounds mint but long term I don't think it's any good for the engine as it runs really rich.

yeah its not great, lots of aspects to running anti-lag like off throttle the inlet butterfly is kept slightly open or an air injector, bypassing the inlet butterfly, is used to maintain air supply to the engine. Off throttle the timing will alter anything upto 40° i think in the retarded direction, along with becoming very rich! to keep the turbo on boost between gear changes.

Creates a massive amount of heat build up and unless you want to get through turbo's like clean boxers its not worth it on a daily drive. there are various levels of AL and can be put on a switch to turn on and off (if the ecu is capable of switchable AL). but is defiantly not good for the life of a turbo.

Does sound neat though and my Subaru had a very mild AL

• 2 weeks later...

It's handy to setup on some ECUs, my own setup basically you jam the throttle body open 30% so it never closes even when off the throttle. Rotational idle cuts the fuel now an then when idling so that she doesn't just rev out.

You wanna have the ignition retarded back a fair bit, in my case I use 27 degrees after TDC, the fuel lighting so late causes the exhaust gases to be still expanding in the turbo which spools it up, you then add extra fuel, the fuel does nothing else except cool the exhaust gases so your valves, mani and turbo don't melt.

It's not healthy for the engine, you'll generate exhaust gas temps up around 1200C but damn its good fun with this turned on I had 2 bar of boost while off the throttle between gears, but it'd kill you on the streets, one tap on the throttle and the ECU senses the TPS changing postion and it releases all 2 bar in a flash, very fast and very scary if you forgot your place on a corner.

I'd not recomend it for the road. Launch antilag is a different thing and would work well on a street car.

Mine last year, using launch antilag to start and rally antilag on gearchanges.