even though youve decided what to do already I've still got input :rolleyes:. dont do it. what made ya want a gt4 all of a sudden? stick with it to get your goal and then if you dont like that then move on but for now its a daft idea to change car :thumbsup:

I've always had a soft spot for them, and just thought that the amount of money im putting in the glanza, i could create an animal of a GT4.... but i could create a 400hp animal Glanza instead

Friend of mine has a Carlos Sainz ST185 Celica, very nice car but they can be a money pit!!!! These cars are about 18 years old now and Also getting rare!! batch of them where only made in 1992.

on GT four owners club the ST205 Celica is known as "The Faff" cause most people are never

done faffing around with niggles!!

Stick with the Glanza

But i still think some day :thumbsup:

GT4 running gear in a Starlet. Get the grinder out!

OR GT4 running gear, plus a 3L 24v Toyota Camry V6 (yes it bolts up to the 3SGTE gearboxes) and twin turbos or the TRD SC kit....in an SR replica sleeper! Get it on steels! :thumbsup:

(#Cough, big enough steels for decent brakes of course...)

the st185's are ugly and slow.

a 200bhp glanza would laugh at it.

st205's are fast but so is the petrol to disapear..

400bhp starlets a laugh.. it will break when you want to give it stick

id got st205 if you want 400bhp.. youll manage it cheaper and more reliable

GT4s are fooking lush!! But a 400BHP is just gonna be so much more fun!!

Keep the Glanza and stop being gay :thumbsup:

how many make it to the 400bhp mark???sweet fa if even any..have you budget'd wat its going to cost you??

next thing is you could probly buy a gt4 and tune it to beat the glanza and better traction etc for less money id imagine,and be more reliable..just a taught for you mate

^ a starlet can achieve 300+ , and has been proven a good few times.

also should mention that your forging the wrong block if you want 400 out your car.

5e block can cope NO problems.

its blatantly obvious a gt4 will have far better traction providing the fact its AWD...

its gona beat a glanza no problem being moderately tuned it would manage 300bhp no problem.

matching a gt4 against a glanza is not much of a comparison the gt4 would always win.

I dont know you as a person Dan lol but i think you will make the 400bhp mark you seem like a determined lad that gets abit fed up sometimes and loose's intrest because your project is just sat there doing nothing but thats a project at the end of the day it takes time.

Keep your chin up mate you will achieve your goal and when you do you will be known as one of them lads that bulit an absolute animal of an EP91 like Rick with the TC Glanza,Gaz with his EP82 and so on

cheers micky, much appreciated, yeah il make the 400 mark for sure, il just take my time with it, i think its because i got the car on the road for like 2 days, and then the engine went, however, im not one to give up.

People say about the costs of doing it etc, knowing what your doing etc, but at the end of the day, its my hobby, il learn new things on the way as well.

with the help from you guys aswell i will do this...

:thumbsup: i can understand where you are comeing for mate i think it would of nocked me sick if i got my car out after been away then the engine went pop :rolleyes: if i was you Dan i would get a starlet N/A and buy one of them fake turbo sounding things :( that will keep you happy for abit lol
^_^ i'm with Paul on this one BUT... think an mr2 would be alot better ;) pftt GT4 *even though there basicallyy the same car*

I had an MR2 turbo before the GT4, prefer the GT4 by miles :p ;)

Yes the GT4 would be cheaper than a Glanza to get too 400bhp and be more reliable but a 400bhp Glanza is alot rarer and no doubt quicker in a straight line from a rolling start.

Go with what you think is best mate, theres been times when Ive looked at different cars but couldn't part with my Faff as Ive spent a fortune on it getting it to where it is now and I enjoy driving it.

Oh and yeah with regarding to fuel comsumption, I get 20 mpg if I drive like Miss Daisy, get it down to 10 mpg on a hard thrash and my car is "only" around 300bhp :D