Dale's Hybrid Glanza Build Thread

First of all i wanna apologise for how long its took to actually getting a build thread up and running lol

Been on here a while but just been really busy with other things as well.

Anyway here goes,

Had a pretty mental clio before, some of you may have seen the pics i put up a while back. Anyway i decided it was time for a change and i really fancied something turbo'd.. thought about a glanza but i kept being put off by how old they were.. viewed a few videos on youtube with glanza's of all specs and i never looked back really wanted my own.

Managed to get a a part x with a lad that wanted my clio and i wanted the glanza and he gave me a cheeky £2800 my way

It already had a few minor mods but standard engine bar a filter. Much to my liking it was a decent specced model with the footwell illumination and the key illumination amonst other OEM goodies,

The lad really didnt look after it and it was coverd in scratches and marks and just generally tatty all round.

Picking it up:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

I wasnt really keen on how it looked standard and the power wasnt great going from a 200bhp track spec clio.. so spent some of the money i got from the lad on visual upgrades and a few performance choice mods for now

Some paintwork sorted out

Rota slipstreams with toyo T1r's

J-performance FMIC- what a biatch to fit!

Monster Motorsport Air Filter Relocation

Carbon Fibre Bonnet

Got the roof and mirrors painted piano black

Ended up busting a hole in the radiator accidently so sourced a new radiator too

9.jpg8.jpg7.jpg6.jpg5.jpg

10.jpg

Added a few choice stickers and some extra speakers to fit into the door pods.

11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg

Got some BC racing coilovers from Enzo and picked up a Whiteline panhard rod

17.jpg16.jpg15.jpg18.jpg

Fitted:

20.jpg

Didnt like the look of the OEM front lip so got a laguna splitter instead and sold the lip to David Ashton

22.jpg

25.jpg24.jpg

LED number plate lights:

23.jpg

Decided to take the car off the road over the winter and start a build for more power and basicly build the car i wanted in the first place. Unfortunatly the unit that me and my mates had the lease ran out and i had to find a new home for all my cars and stuff.

Not ideal but it was the only option= council garages :p got a few of them for all my stuff.

The cars new home:

26.jpg

Started collecting quite a few parts for the build:

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

Hybrid CT9

30.jpg32.jpg33.jpg35.jpg34.jpg36.jpg37.jpg

Managed to score a set of Evo Recaros

38.jpg

The strip down began:

Removed all the dash and sent it away to be flocked and sent the plastic parts to the body shop to be sprayed blue

41.jpg40.jpg

Began to strip the engine down ect..

44.jpg

43.jpg

Found this ;)

45-1.jpg

Back in and painted:

46.jpg

Decide i needed some washer jets as the carbon bonnet didint have any,

relocated them into the scuttle panel and orderd 2 Insignia fine mist washer jets from work ;)

47.jpg

Sent a few bits away to be powder coated ect..

50.jpg51.jpg52.jpg

As it stands today, everything isnt bolted up its just test fitted really as im still waiting for a few items Oil feed/return pipe from ricky and a clear cambelt cover from riko's group buy and the dash board to return ect.. amongst other little bits.

101_0311.jpg101_0310.jpg101_0309.jpg101_0308.jpg

Any comments welcome ^_^

Dale.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great set up pal lover the rocker how much was it to get powder coated and how does it cope with the heat?

Cheers mate, Rocker cover was £40 to powder coat simply because they have to remove every last trace of oil from the inside and the outside of the cover as it contaminates the paint ^_^

Should stand up to heat no problem but it hasnt been started yet as its all not built up

Dale.

Fucking go on dale son lol its looking realy nice mate.. looks like alot of hard work money and time has gone into it buddy

All the engine bay needs now to finish it off is the clear cam belt cover ;) keep up the hard work mate.

P.S dont worry about haveing a council garage i have one to lol but it keeps my car safe and clean ^_^

;) Cheers Micky yeah alot of time and money but its all good fun as you know ^_^

Yup the cambelt cover is a must now!

Ha its a bit shit because there is no room around the sides to work on the car but its better than on the street.

Cheers for your kind words matey ;)

Just picked up all my interior plastic bits i have had sprayed fresh from the bodyshop :lol:

Really happy with them they have a great sparkle to them in the sunlight and are perfectly painted happy days :wub:

Excuse the picture's they are still dusty and taken in a dark room with the flash

Just waiting for the flocked dash to arrive now

Dale.

101_0315.jpg101_0314.jpg101_0313.jpg101_0312.jpg

Love the looks of this!!

The rocker cover is so blue and in your face I love it!!

The interior bits are cool, cant wait to see them fitted with the flocked dash :)

Keep it up mate

• 2 weeks later...

** Update **

Just received my flocked dash back this morning which is great! :) butt.. they didn't send me my vents back. they obviously removed them for flocking and forgot to re package them its all getting resolved though.

Dash:

101_0325.jpg

Got the glove box, air bag and the drivers foot well panel thing done as well :p

101_0327.jpg

Couldn't wait to see it fitted so thought id fit it this afternoon. pictures from iPhone:

66bc660c.jpg

7dab2097.jpg

64bd7489.jpg

cc4614e0.jpg

86b10972.jpg

Also im STILL waiting on my oil feed/return from the group buy so i can't progress any further with the engine side of things :D

Cheers

Dale.

Cheers mate! :p

I got it off ebay believe it or not. I had one in my old Clio sport but i found it a little bit big so I ordered 320mm this time :lol:

Dale.

Cheers Dale do you have a link at all mate you could PM me? it will save you ramming your build thread with shit lol