Members other hobbies

Inspired by the new Members other rides section! Perhaps a sticky thread mods???? :lol:

What else do you do with your time and hard earned cash (other than drink and women [and felchin/molesting] before someone says it :huh::lol: ), for example i know a few of you play the decks (Streetracer, Geo).

Heres what i spend my funds on when Project Extreme Ep allows for it. Firstly is my guitar collection, from left to right:

ESP V350, one of the last two that were available from the UK distributor before they were discontinued to make way for the Mustaine DV8 signature series. Standard tuning. Floyd Rose lockin trem and EMG-HZ pick-ups. My favourite guitar, I love this thing to pieces, totally spotless top to bottom, pure frickin Metal!

Takamine Dual Semi acoustic, only just purchased this from a friend this week, 8yr old, played approx. 3times, spotless. Standard tuning.

Epiphone Demon, my second ever guitar. Currently drop C tuning. Great guitar. Purchase inspired by Kirk Hammet's Jackson Randy Rhodes singiture guitar.

Westfield Strat, my very first guitar. Standard tuning.

ESP F250. D-d tuning. Floyd Rose locking trem, EMG-HZ pick-ups! So metal James Hetfield (Metallica) has one!

I use a Boss DD-3 Digital Delay pedal, Boss CH-1 Super Chorus, Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah Wah pedal, and the mother of all distortion pedals in my view, a Danelectro Black Paisley Liquid Metal pedal w/ low octave function, and Marshall Amps.

My bro also has a Tanglewood Starfire Les Paul guitar in black with gold hardware, and a Cort Curbow bass.

DSCN0382.jpg

And when i'm not tryin to melt the fretboards of that lot, i'm annoying the neighbours and giving myself blisters with my other baby, my drum kit! Again, set up for metal/thrash, a bit of rock and some blues too!

DSCN0383.jpg

DSCN0388.jpg

The kit itself is a Premier Olympic kit, a kind of intro level number but it does the trick as im not giggin or recording or anything with it. Sittin behind it the entire set up from left to right consists of:

Sabian AA 14" Rock Hi-Hats

Dadi drummers tambourine

Headliner cowbell

Sabian AAX 6" Splash

Paiste 302 16" Crash

Sabian AAX 16" Metal Crash

Sabian AA 10" Spalsh

Sabian AA 17" MediumThin Crash

Sabian AA 18" Rock Crash

Paiste 302 14" Hi-Hats on remote boom.

Sabian AA 20" Rock Ride

Paite 302 20" Ride

Premier double bass pedal for pure metal!!!!

Yamaha DD-12 8pad electronic kit w/amp (for Rammstein-esque sound effects baby!!!) :p

Carbostick carbon drumsticks

OH...and a big ass fan to cool off!!!....ok ok its actually for those glam-rock spandex, make up, big hair cheeeeeeese moments when i toss my hair in the breeze... :lol:B) yeah right!!!...my hair aint long enough :huh: ;) :lol:

Enjoy, just thought i'd generate some discussion for us gang. Lets hear and see what else you all get up to!

Phil.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome Guitar collection and nice Drum Kit dude! :lol:

I am liking very much, seems a very artistical way to spend you free time lol!

Would put my modest guitar collection to shame lol!

I would love a Gibson Electro Acoustic, one of them Jumbos :lol:

I will put my stuff up for everybody to see at a later date :lol:

Be sure to look forward to it!

Keep up the good work Phil! :lol:

Very detailed writeup here too, I can see you are definitely into it haha!

A refreshing insight thru the mind of one of UKSC's most enthusiastic members! :huh:

Peace Out

Joz

Nice guitar collection! I've started learning a few months ago, picking it up pretty quickly :huh:

Heres my main interest aside from my car and shagging of course:

DSC03048.jpg

That was my main hobby until i was knocked off my bike by an articulated lorry. Trust me it hurt. I have only been on my bike a dozen or so times since and it happened 2 years ago. I spent a lot of money on my bike as well. I've still got it in my garage. I got it out the other days for the first time in about 9 month.

now its the internet, badminton, goin to the gym. And Cars obviously. I fit sound systems to cars and do the bit of bodywork aswell.

Im gonna start cycling again soon though. Really miss it. Bombing down an off road course used to give me such a rush. :lol:

Bourkey

Ever since a young age its been motors motors motors for me. Being brought up through a family with a background of rallying and motocross meant it was in my genes. Used to enjoy prepping my dads and uncles rally cars and watching them tear up the lanes around Wales. My dad and uncle also used to reace motox at a younger age and when i was 16 i had a crack.

I can pick up things really quikly and i caught on to motox well and a year after having my first bike i had a crack at racing. Considering i had a bike that was nearly 12 yrs older than the other guys and a smaller budget i was really good. i did 2 races (welsh championship level) and gained a respectable 9th overall in my first event and a 6th in the 2nd :lol:

Unfortunately the bike had to make way for the EP but i hope to get back into it soon :lol:

Guess my old man and that have their selves to blame for the way i drive :huh::lol:

A few pics of me riding

me.jpg

meupthres-1.jpg

LOL thats my old man egging me on :lol:

goon.jpg

Me doin a lil whip lol

cimlarace.jpg

Mine is my horses and my photography with them! I just love taking pictures!! And looking after them of course. My Horses are Arab horses, the most beautiful of all breeds I think! I also paint and draw them!

Here are some pictures:

My first horse (still have her now she is 23 years old)

Jasmine Arab x Welsh

jazbday8.JPG

bigfield7.JPG

yellow6.JPG

Shantih my Pure bred Arab mare

clean7.jpg

dawnride28.jpg

dawnride.jpg

clean11.jpg

my other hobbies are nearly all sport related, i go to the gym alot and my main sports are football and boxing. i spend the rest of my time sampling the notts nightlife (getting pissed!)

very nice horses but dont you think painting them is a bit cruel. ha ha. nice photos.

Cheers Joz man, my guitars and music are my other main distraction in life, cant get enough, would love a PRS someday, but aint got 3grand for a guitar just now lol!!!

@Wylo, i'm appreciating that pic dude, used to ride a bit of crosscountry, i have a GTXCR full sus (one of the craxy i-drive models). Would have loved to have got into downhill good and proper but i didnt have the transport means...or the balls!! :D:D

@ Alena, no need to feel left out! I read alot too, I've read ALL the Terry Pratchet disc World series books, and the Conn Igulden 'Emporer' series is good too, but i also read alot of WW2 books.

Strongbow is my drink.

Keep postin guys, lets see wot your up to!

Phil.

Tennents? are you serious??? Thats stuff is pure piss water!! Id rather drink Miller than that,lol and thats saying something! You should get some magners or strongbow down yer neck.....yep i turned to cider ...and i LOVE IT !!!! :D:D:D

Lol Miller is literally cats piss! B)

Cider is a nice alternative, ice cold Magners any day! B)

Now where did I put that absinth... :D:D

Peace Out

Joz

Well, I guess you all know about my other motor...

newside2.JPG

Spent a small mortgage on that :D

...but I also have a few other passions in my life.

Photography

Cardiff Bay Image

I also manage/roadie my brothers band. For those that are interested (Nanglebadger, you may want to check out my bro's guitars :D ) take a look at the link at the bottom of my sig :D

Apart from those, I'm also partial to a few bevvies (of the Magners variety of course), but they do tend to get me into a few err... situations! :D

sounhapy.jpg

Be good y'all

EarL.

Hey, besides going to uni and the pub etc. in my spare time I go skateboarding. This is a gif. of me at the new skatepark in Stoke:

shankergz0nf0.gif

Oh shit man, thats fucking mental, i never realised there was a skater on here, i've been skating about 6 years now, but i'm like the only dude left around my area so i haven't skated for so long. Thats a sick trick man, much respect for that :lol:.

apart from cars i DJ a lot

Pict0060.JPG

you can download a mix here

yea i have the same vestax's as you mate....

apart from dj'ing and the uksc

i love clubs,festivals and traveling abroad to see my fave dj's, any excused to get mashed and have a good time with mates basicaly.

used to be heavy into downhill mountain biking until about the age of 17, the same time i left school and discovered other things,

i want to get more into the mechanics side of things on engines and vow to build my own 5e engine, i just need some space to tinker,