I got a cat 1 alarm and when you go near the car i.e near the windows it will chirp chirp chirp. a few of my neighbours have complained about it lol that it keeps them up at night etc. one even said that the "old people will not be able to sleep" (don't know what it is to do with them, wether old people cannot sleep or not is not there problem yet they are bothered?)..for some reason they have complained to my brother not me?

but anyhow can any legal action be taken against me for noise pollution or what ever?

Guest ep82_girl

you got a clifford i take it lol!! mine does it to.

you could be done for disturbing the peace (i can ask a solicitor in work tomorrow if you want) but if its a alarm then i dont know how it workds cause it is the safety feature working.

you could maybe turn the sensitivity down on it??

mine goes off from the vibrations of cars to!!!

xxx

haha i laughed when my neighbour mentioned about getting me done for noise pollution lol.

@EP82_Girl

How can i be done for disturbing the police?

The sensitivity is not turned up by much it's just the shock sensor, and like yours the vibration of passing cars makes it chirp aswell

If you could ask a solicitor would be nice :) (as long as i don't have to pay fees lol)

lucky you lol, Our neighbours are total dick head wankers lol. They complain at the littlest of things!

i want a buddy club lol, then we will see about noise pollution lol

Guest ep82_girl
haha i laughed when my neighbour mentioned about getting me done for noise pollution lol.

@EP82_Girl

How can i be done for disturbing the police?

The sensitivity is not turned up by much it's just the shock sensor, and like yours the vibration of passing cars makes it chirp aswell

If you could ask a solicitor would be nice :) (as long as i don't have to pay fees lol)

:) im so thick!!! i meant peace lol!! no they want charge you i work there lol!!! its a pain in the bum mind i swear at mine sometimes as i walk passed it in the garage and it frigging chirps and scares the life outta me!!!!

xxx

It is a UK spec alarm.

but now how do i shut the neighbours up, because i come back late almost everyday all the parking is filled up so i have to park next to the path meaning the car is on the road and some cars driving past it.

edit - i am not going to walk 4 miles for them.

if your annoying your neighbors then turn the sensitivity down, it's just hassle you dont want.

i turned mine down a lot, so only things like someone hitting it with the hands, kicking Tyre, big vibrations (from chav cars) will make it chirp. (read the manual, alarms have more setting than i though)

EDIT* you can also turn down the loudness of the chirps.

tbh its annoying and it makes you paranoid, i remember a guy down the road from me had a toad alarm that chirped all the time, the wind would make it chirp.lol

neighbors can complain about noises from 11pm to ??am. hence why you wont here police sirens at night.

good luck with your problem, hope it can be resolved.

well im a cop and ive been asked this before i have a glifford g5 anfd it does the same thing and the neighbours cant do squat the most they can do is put a noise in to the noise complaint people (dont know if they have them in your area as i dont know where you are from). but even then its not a constant noise like music or a dog barking its an alarm on a car be it sensative or not its not you makeing the noise. well scots law states that it need to be a controlable noise (i.e loud music or banging or somthing) and it need to be within a house for there to be a complaint. the only other statures that it covers are loud exhausts and outside partys nothing in it about alarm chips. so in my opinion no crime commited so no police action. at the very most they can push for an asbo but a judge will thow it out without even thinking about it so i say no nothing can be done imo.

id just tell them where to go tbh its protecting your car at the end of the day and old people dont understand how much our cars meen to us lol, my bfs got a clifford g5 on his mr2 it is annoying at times like when it rains heavy and when its windy but i know if i had one i would never turn it off lol

I'm not really bothered about it annoying others lol, but the thing is they sed it to my bro and they probably know he will sort something out because he is older then me and cares about the neighbours etc.

i won't turn any sensors off, whats the point of spending so much on the bloody alarm? i will from tonight park on the grass verge where no one should be close enough to it.

basically i got this one, such a professional guy! the speed he does it at is fucking amazing

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOAD-AI606-CAT-ONE-1...=item414dd1a60c

i got the

Proximity Sensor

Dual Shock Sensor

Walk you home lights

Remote Start

Paid £335 for it

if you don't get Dual shock sensor he will chuck in a ordinary shock sensor for free! :)

Sorry but i fucking HATE proximity alarms, if i pass 1 i'll deliberatly set it off. Specially at shows ect. What the fucks the point if your cars parked in a car park or at the side of the street, obviously people are going to walk past it.

Aye i agree, if someone touches or knocks the car and the alarm goes off... I don't mind that :)