Might Be Selling Up Soon And Moving To Another Toyota

Hi everyone, firstly id like to say that this forum has been great and without it i wouldnt have done half the stuff to my car as it has helped me get parts, advice and given me ideas of what to do, would of liked to come to some meets but it hasnt happened yet, i will be going the modified live show in my starlet though so i might meet some of you there :p

Anyway the reason i might be selling is because ive always loved celicas from young and im now thinking of saving for one, i like the gen 6 the most but if i had one then it would have to be a gt4 and i cant get insured yet so im thinking of gettin a 140 or 190 gen 7 shape one as i found out the other day that i can get insured on both B)

my plan was to buy a glanza in september when my insurance gets renewed but now ive gone on the idea of doing this, i wont be leaving for at least 2-3 months as ive got to save but i just wanted to let you all know :p

thanks, Mark

Then the GT Four obviously wasn't trying, a gen 6 GT Four would walk a standard Glanza all day long.

If you're going to get a gen 7 make sure it's the 189bhp version else to me it would be disappointing compared to a Glanza/GT and the 2ZZGE is a great engine and there are a few supercharger kits available too.

Personally I wouldn't be able to have any Celica other than a gen 6 or maybe gen 5 GT-Four, the rest are somewhat "slow" and "pointless" for example why would you choose a Celica GT (non turbo) when you could have a non turbo MR2 which is quicker, mid engined, rear wheel drive...

Then the GT Four obviously wasn't trying, a gen 6 GT Four would walk a standard Glanza all day long.

If you're going to get a gen 7 make sure it's the 189bhp version else to me it would be disappointing compared to a Glanza/GT and the 2ZZGE is a great engine and there are a few supercharger kits available too.

Personally I wouldn't be able to have any Celica other than a gen 6 or maybe gen 5 GT-Four, the rest are somewhat "slow" and "pointless" for example why would you choose a Celica GT (non turbo) when you could have a non turbo MR2 which is quicker, mid engined, rear wheel drive...

so u wouldnt be able to have an inferior model celica beacuase its "somewhat slow and pointless?" that didnt stop you having an inferior model starlet even tho that is slower, now u have the crx because you cant insure a glanza or GT. grow up mate stop slating the lad, i had the legs on a gtfour when my glanza was standard ish, so i believe him.

Calm down mate you've taken that completely the wrong way! I'm not slating anybody.

I have the "inferior model Starlet" because of cost. Dale says he can insure both the 140 and 190 bhp versions of the Celica, so it makes sense from my point of view to go with the 190.

How is it slating? It's just giving an opinion.

And you've got that wrong, it's actually cheaper to insure a GT than it is to insure the CRX. Quite a bit cheaper infact.

Honestly though if you beat a standard GT Four in a standard Glanza then you're obviously a better driver than them. Or they weren't trying.

HAHA your an idiot if you clearly think you would take either an old model gt4 or newer..

both would smoke a standard glanza.

4wd vs fwd... your toast.

you musta beat them in your sleep fella. call me a knob, call me what you want. atleast im not in fairy land.

even with my spec... id be pushing a good run with them. mods on the gt4 and im gona be smoked...

celica gt4 specs

please tell me whats the 0 to 60 time off that webb site for the gt4 :D

Thats the st185 gt4 one of the slowest they made it carries the ct26 turbo.The big boy out the lot is the st205 that carries the ct20b turbo that is much bigger and pull's to the red line.

However my dad has an MR2 Turbo rev3 3sgte running 300bhp and i pull away from him 0.60 and from a rolling start of 30bhp.And just the other day my dads mate come round my house in his gt4 st205 250bhp stock....And gess what.. i pull away from him to 0.60 and rolling start.......So i agree with silverglanza to a certain point gt4's will kill the glanza/gt top end :D

And for though's that dont know the mr2 turbo and the gt4 have the same engine :p

silverglanza - Haven't you been past Veyron's and all sorts aswell though? Your car has unlimited bhp if I remember correctly.

LOL... my glanza was pushing 172bhp before the piston wet bang, and i raced a GT4 that was fairly standard, off the line i had no chance, from a rolling start at say 30-90 i kept up well.

But if your saying you have gone from a stand still, and beat the GT4, then congrats, you must have a totally amazing Glanza....... or an amazing imagination..

again y would i feel the need to lie :D and that spec that i posted up its like 7.9 secs to 60 not exactly fast thats the modle that i raced dont really care about the other modles if some car beat me in a race fair enof i wouldnt come on here and make my self look a right utter nob

again y would i feel the need to lie :D and that spec that i posted up its like 7.9 secs to 60 not exactly fast thats the modle that i raced dont really care about the other modles if some car beat me in a race fair enof i wouldnt come on here and make my self look a right utter nob

to late :D

Best of luck with whatever car you decide to go for Mark! :D

Make sure you post up a thread and show us the new car though eh :D

As for the Glanza vs GT4 situation, I think people are being a little harsh to silverglanxa. He WAS talking about the slower GT4, and I don't know what the car is like, but maybe the driver wasn't terribly good either? Calm down fellas lol

HAHA your an idiot if you clearly think you would take either an old model gt4 or newer..

both would smoke a standard glanza.

4wd vs fwd... your toast.

you musta beat them in your sleep fella. call me a knob, call me what you want. atleast im not in fairy land.

even with my spec... id be pushing a good run with them. mods on the gt4 and im gona be smoked...

hope your not talking to me?

The ST185 is heavier and has less power then the 205, around 200bhp so from a rolling start it would be fairly even against one of them.

An ST205 will destroy a Starlet in every aspect.

If the driver is any good you wouldn't get nowhere near one from a standing start, you would have to be packing some power to stay with one down the 1/4 mile.