Which Brake Pads?

Don't put greenstuffs on the glanza they are well shonky and dust up really bad I hear lots of good things about mintex and the redstuff pads, yellow stuff probably won't be any good for road use

i hear yellow stuff are better for road use than the red stuff - infact, is that now why Keri recommends them and Nick sells them as part of his uprated package????????????

i have green stuffs at present, they aint bad but i do notice a fair bit of dust when they are meant to be dustless!

i hear bad things about Mintex from Westfield owners, stories of the metals in them sparking out and burning through your wheel laquer and damagaing your lovely wheels. i dont know how much truth their is to this, but what i would say is that these guys are genuine petrol heads, not some cowboys talking guff for fun.

my bro's GT can with Ferodo fast road pads i believe, they were bloody sharp i can tell ya! i was well surprised!

just my 2cents from personal experience. i think i'll be tryin yellow stuff pads next myself.

Phil.

I would say that EBC pads are all good value (cheap!) but that:

EBC Greens "road" are nasty

EBC Reds "fast road/trackday/200bhp cars" are best for most people as they seem better than Greens when cold, and more predictable and resilient when hot!

EBC Yellows "full race/trackday" are a race pad technically, but do get used when a car is "overpowered". Like most EP Turbo's! :)

Yup! Did mine for the first time a few weeks ago

Unbolt the two bolts that hold the caliper, take the caliper off, use a flathead to pry out old pads, copper grease on back of new pads, slot them in, caliper back on and bolted and there you have it :thumbsup:

Don't forget that you need to bed the brakes in for the first 100-200miles :o

• 3 weeks later...

After we did alot of testing on different brake pads we found that Greenstuff were pretty well just a stock replacement pad with very minimal upgrade in performance, Redstuff we found were pretty terrible, take awhile to warm up and they soon over heat with only decent stopping power, Yellowstuff we found worked well from cold and once up to temp held performance perfectly even after running 25min track sessions with no brake fade and while still getting decent brake pad life from them, only down side is they do give off abit of brake dust.

Mintex 1144 and 1155 we have tested and found the 1144 to perform okay, we found pad life to be pretty short with these and you do get squeeling from them but both offered pretty decent stopping power and performance but for our choice it would be Yellowstuff every day of the week.

Kind Regards,

Nick Jones

Tuning Developments LTD

Workshop Landline - 01925 822266

TuningDevelopments@Hotmail.com

www.TuningDevelopments.co.uk