It's about time I added one of these! It's a bit brief and I've probably missed a lot of detail but here goes.

Up-to-date spec: -

Tongs turbos G-spec Hybrid turbo

Kakimoto CAT back stainless steel exhaust system

Stainless steel CT9 manifold

Stainless steel decatHKS actuator

J Performance FMIC

Blitz Access ECU

Sheep dog PROF dump valve

CAP 4puk paddle clutch

Turbosmart in car manual boost controller

JR Racing air filter

Walbro 255l/hr fuel pump

TRD uprated ignition leads

KYB SR special uprated shocks

RSR Ti2000 springs (25mm rear, 40mm front)

RSR Panhard rod

Whiteline anti lift kit and new front bushes

20 groove discs front and back

EBC Greenstuff pads front and back

Earls brake lines

JD tuning C-pillar brace

JD tuning lower arm bar

Enkei RS Evolution split rims 15"

TOM's side skirts

TOM's Rear spats

TOM's style front bumper

JD tuning front and rear tow eyes

Custom adjustable OE rear spoiler

JD tuning clear reverse scoop

Motor meter boost gauge

MOMO competition steering wheel

Sony Xplod headunit

Kenwood KFC-6960ie 3-way 6x9 speakers

Air fuel ratio narrowband gauge

After owning this for a year : -

PICT0685.jpg

PICT0684.jpg

I decided to buy this in a spur of the moment bid on ebay. This is how it looked when I first got it back in September 2007

PICT0935.jpg

It was rough round the edges as you can tell

24092007060-1.jpg

PICT1006-1.jpg

Rear axle was bent

10112007074.jpg

Before selling the MK2, I swapped various part over including the exhaust systems. Couldn't bare the noise of the RSR system so stuck with Kakimoto.

PICT1120.jpg

Then came my obsession with custom front mount set ups - Should have just paid for a proper kit in the first place. The first attempt used a Fiat 20V turbo core, squeezed beside a civic rad. Short piping route, that's for sure but suffered massive heat soak as it was so close to the mani and turbo.

PICT1070.jpg

It didn't help when the oil filter relocation kit sprung a leak. I was lucky not to have a fire!

21102007072-1.jpg

The second FMIC set up was a lot more sensible but suffered a lot from silicon couplings popping off as the pipes had no swedged ends.

PICT1253.jpg

First rolling road session was in Feb '08. Managed 155bhp at the wheels at 0.8 bar. I was happy with it but the intercooler piping was leaking and it couldn't reach 1 bar.

th_SSL20578-1.jpg

Off came the TSW Catalyunas and on went a set of 15" OZ racing volcano refurbed in white.

DSC00560Small.jpg

SSL20507.jpg

SSL21251.jpg

I was content with how it looked at this stage and spent a bit of time developing a few JD tuning bits to fund more mods.

Then it all went wrong!!!!!

After a session at crail, my engine started to become unhappy and after a second rolling road it died. Second run on the rollers and pop goes the weasel! After cleaning up a lot of emulsified oil from the engine bay (and dyno equipment), a compression test revealed cylinder no.3 was gubbed.

PICT0110.jpg

PICT0108.jpg

Later inspection revealed that the sump had all sorts of unwanted material

PICT0120.jpg

And piston 3 had a hole in it........

SSL21870.jpg

SSL21873.jpg

More bad luck followed as my run around Civic ESI bought for £300 was stolen from outside my flat. It had the OZ wheels on it. Grrrrr. A year later, the thief was caught.

PICT0165.jpg

03112008149.jpg

A couple of months later the GT was back up and running in Nov 2008. I ended up buying a low mileage Glanza engine that ended up costing about £200 as the guy had accidently sold me a factory LSD gear box without knowing. He bought it back off me and saved me a few quid.

21112008167.jpg

PICT0256.jpg

22112008170.jpg

21112008168.jpg

PICT0224.jpg

This is how she stood at Xmas 2008 with a set of Ignis wheels to keep me rolling.

37.jpg

17.jpg

Then came my new and current wheels â?? Enkie RS Evolution split rims. Fell in love with them as soon as I saw them. Even with the unique colour scheme.

IMG_1136small.jpg

IMG_1137small.jpg

Then I got a bit scared! Dropped the sump to check internals and noticed the Rods were thinner than the old GT engine rods. I panicked thinking someone had turbocharged a NA engine. Soon realised that they changed design on the Glanza engines. Phew

rods.jpg

The 3rd rolling road day took place in Feb 09 where the new engine achieved 222bhp at the fly. (Results were being generous on the day but I like the figure enough to hold onto it)!

Then came the JD tuning products developed and fitted.

03102009086.jpg

SDC13342.jpg

DSCF2412.jpg

spoiler1.jpg

Eventually forked out for a proper intercooler kit in the form of a J Performance number. Highly recommended!

17122009241.jpg

A set of genuine Tom's skirts and spats later and this is how it stood in Jan this year

10012010281.jpg

10012010282.jpg

10012010283.jpg

Last edition was a clear reverse scoop

SDC13993.jpg

And most recent pics............

image1.jpg

scoop2.jpg

The next mod will be a Tom's front bumper when it has been patched up and painted. My son decided to help mark a few areas for trimming. Don't think he was on the same hymn sheet as me though. Before you ask, the advance in the pics is another project I'm working on.

SDC14185.jpg

SDC14255.jpg

stunning jezza, that toms front bumper will finish it off nicely. need to get up and see what uv done with the advance soon. i was working in your street the other day but couldnt get a hold of u.

by the way thats the first time I've seen pics of the civic i remember seeing u in that a few times when i had the scooby, then i remember seeing some1 else driving it a while later, could have been the thieving little cunt that stole it!

• 2 months later...

I'm just back from my summer hols down in England. The GT racked up almost 1000 miles with a few hiccups along the way.

Problem 1 - Expansion tank overflowing after 100 miles

Cause - Jezza overfilled the coolant before we left

Resolution - Keep driving :o

Problem 2 - Clutch started slipping after 250 miles

Cause - Jezza overfilled the oil during a service before we left. Thus creating higher oil pressure forcing hot thin oil through the crank seal onto the flywheel.

Resolution - Keep driving (Off boost) :D

Problem 3 - Speedo and odometer stooped working

Cause - Dunno!

Resolution - Gave the km to mile converter a quarter turn and it came back to life so keep driving :)

Problem 4 - Mani started blowing after 700 miles

Cause - The lifespan of the mani - a crack was long overdue

Resolution - Keep driving ;)

That's about it luckily. Didn't need to bring out a spanner once. I do have a few chores to carry out now like re sealing the sump and changing the crank oil seals.

Here's a few pics from a village in Yorkshire called Staithes where we spent most of the week.

image6-1.jpg

image5-1.jpg

image4-1.jpg

image3-1.jpg

image2-1.jpg

image7-1.jpg