Car Sugestions For A 18 Year Old?

the gearbox in my starbo is completely gone!

need suggestions for a new car, i was thinking civic, but i dont want the shitty 1.4, at least the 1.5 vtec :p

but it as old as my starbo (around 98)

then i was thinkin mx-5 1.6, but i dont think ill get cheap insureance for that lol

my budget is around £2500

if worst comes to worst ill have to get a 1.6 mk4 golf, which isnt exacty a fun car :p

Anup

I agree with Ryan, try looking for an SR. They're getting a lot cheaper these days, and would be as cheap to run as your old Starlet. Sorry to hear it's kinda died :p

Civics would probably cost quite a bit on insurance, I used to want one before I got into EPs and the cost of running one put me off big time. Same thing with an MX5 really, insurance would be dear at your age.

i just checked, paseo's are insurance group 7 :p

my cars done 92,000 miles now, and im afraid that when i replace the gearbox, something else is gonna go wrong :p

and i dont wanna diesal lol, i like instant power, but i wouldnt mind a golf or a3 1.9 TDI 130, but insurance would kill me B)

There's nothing wrong with 92k miles you are worrying over nothing. My Starlet has done 106k miles and all that's wrong is the radiator leaks slightly and it could do with a good service but apart from that it drives fine.

Just out of interest what happened to the gearbox?

Suzuki swift gti mate! if i could chose my first car all over again thats what id have my mate had one and it was an absolout wepon used to leave almost any N/A car upto a 2.0

1.3 GTi

16v

Twin Cam

Racing Seats

Sun room

Electric windows

100 BHP in a car that weighs 765 your (NA weighed about 920 ish) it has the same power per tone as a Porche 944!!!!

And insurance is loads cheaper than a VTR and you wish i was joking!

Ill be your best friend if you get 1

http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1602669.htm

:p mines done 110k the most that has gone wrong with my car in the past 10 months is .......... nothing. still going strong, but i understand what you mean. i am contemplating if i want to do any more mods to it even though its fine, its an old car, with alot of miles. might as well save for a low mileage turbo.

too high mileage ryan

i really like starlets, cause i know alot about them

im keeping my options open tho

well when i try to change gear it wont go it the gear unless i force it!! and its just getting worse and worse

also it gear ginding quite a bit (if u no what i mean)

swift GTI is pretty fast, but i dont like the look of it (no offence :p)

do you think ill get insured in a car like this...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1628521.htm

Anup

:p Swifts are so sexy ohh my god!! wash your mouth out! and sorry i think corollas look Turd ignoring the fact you only see old couples driving them lol (no offence! :p

oh and amjad add me on your BB 21895747

Nooo! My cars twin's dead :p Just as I got my alloys too :p

Haha get another starlet mate, seriously, even though 1.6 MK4 golfs ain't bad, they're still group 6, for group 4 I doubt you'd get anything that could really replace your starlet, than another starlet.

Shame about the gearbox though bruv, was really lookin forward to our little 5 door meet that'd eventually happen B)

Shafz.