Letter From Council About Alarm

So it says...

Dear Mr B*J**H

Environmental Protection Act 1990

RE: Toyota Glanza - Vehicle Registeration P*** **G

i am writing to you as we have been approached with concerns regarding the above vehicle for which i understand you are the registered keeper.

The problem appears to relate to the vehicle alarm sounding intermittently. i should therefore be grateful if you would be able to contact me when you recieve this letter to enable to discuss the matter. Office hourse are 9am-5pm Monday to Thursday, and 9am-4-30pm on Fridays.

In the meantime i would like to take this opportunity to advise you that, where an alarm is ringing intermittently or for prolonged periods, the Environmental Health Officer has a duty under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 to investigate and allegations of noise nuisance and, where necessary to take steps to abate the nuisance. Any cost involved in disable an should this become necessary (including the call out fee for a contractor) may then be recovered from the Registered Keeper.

With this in mind, you may with to consider having your vehicle alarm serviced / inspected to reduce the risk of misfiring.

WTF SHOULD I DO NOW. BLOW UP MY NEIGHBOURHOOD?

Tbh there is nothing more annoying than an alarm that goes of constantly....

What alarm is it, I have always been told to stay away from proximity sensors, because they take the piss and go off if it senses its own shadow.

But yea moaning old gits are even worse

^^ That is exactly what it says in the letter lol.

Anyhow i have sorted the uncalled for chirping, but now i have to deal with the council fucks. i resorted to the instruction manual and it explains in there how you can mute it B)

^^ That is exactly what it says in the letter lol.

Anyhow i have sorted the uncalled for chirping, but now i have to deal with the council fucks. i resorted to the instruction manual and it explains in there how you can mute it B)

Have you not got a drive then dude?

the whole point of proximity Is to deter theifs in the first place a normal alarm beeps after the damage is done.

I won't mute it at night LOL just park away from everyone and the road

Did you not post a bit back about your neighbours complaining to your brother about your alarm?

Sure people told you in that thread to turn them off. Id just get them turned off. My alarm if you press arm twice it flicks them off but leaves all other zones active, does yours not have a similar feature? If your still worrried about security why not get some flashing led window things. They are a good deterrant.

Tbh im with your neighbours on this, nothing worse than inconsideret neighbours who let alarms go off / dogs bark all the time etc.

you should put a big sign on top of your car saying 'IF YOU FIND A SMALL INSIGNIFICANT LITTLE BEEP ANNOYING AND FIND THAT YOU WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT IT THEN STAY AWAY FROM MY FUCKING CAR AND IT WONT HAPPEN'

hehe

Ross

p.s im liking the new sig luke B)

Well working for the council theres not alot they can do...

id invite them to sound test it... they cant do nothing if its below a certain sound level... ( best thing for you is.. there is no law against sound until 11pm.. if it stays below a specific sound level they will just have to grin and bare your little alarm.)

if they take it further then dont accept to anything unless they cover the cost for it! keep on at them.. PAY and ill change it.

youll get your way... council dont take much to bend over.

they are assuming the alarm is at fault (misfiring) ie the think its old and gubbed so its just going off its self..

make them aware its a proximity alarm & fairly new...

I had a neighbour knock on my door moaning about my alarm because I let it run for an hour after his kid twatted a football at it :) his words were "sort your fucking alarm out" to which I replied "sort your fucking kid out" lol