As the title says really, i get a really bad oil smell when i give the car a bit of hammer. Like if i acclerate hard the smell comes on. It never does it if i drive slow and dont acclerate hard.

Is this anything to worry about? Im scared that it might be something internal :) as its getting worse day by day.

And before anyone says 'dont acclerate hard' them comments arent needed thanks!! B)

Thanks

Liam

is your engine overheating at all??

hmmmm strange one this.erm is the oil levels correct? no smoking from the exhaust etc?

the only thing i can think is a split pipe somewhere pissing oil out onto something hot e.g exhaust is there any oil in your bay anywhere? and have you checked if its losing oil from the tank?

No mate absoluty no engine problems at all, she runs like a absolute dream. Just smells when i acclerate hard.

I did a oil and filter on Saturday so fresh oil and made sure the level was bang on and everything, also cleaned the whole bottom end to remove any spilled oil. And checked it today and there isnt any on there now so it cant be leaking from anywhere.

Went out last night about half 8 and went down the back lanes for a drive, had the window down and under hard acceleration in 2nd gear high revs (say.. 5k? B)) You could smell the oil burning slightly.

I can also smell it if i give it a bit of a rev when its cold (I know not a good idea :) )

I check my oil level every week and even after a hard drive it never loses alot, nothing to worry about imo buddy B)

Mine too mate.

It might just be all the oil/grease/shit on and around your engine... getting hot enough when you blitz it to give off an odour?

Mine also smells like shit and eggs because of the cat etc. Quite funny tbh.

Mitch

^^ sounds like the valve stem seals, they tend to start going around 80k on starlets.

nothing really to worry about, just keep your eye on your oil level if your like booting it.

Meh, mines on 88k :)

liam stop being a fucking car hyperchondriac!

there is fuck all wrong with your car, there never has been. its one thing after another and its getting very silly and annoying. im gonna slap it out of you boy, its not valve stems, its not burning oil, its not overheating, its not doing any thing, its all in your head so shut up and just enjoy owning the damn thing. when it actually goes bang you will know about it.

any one who sees another thread from my gay brother about imaginary problems just shoot him down.

keiran

not really you need telling, otherwise when you do actually get a real problem i fear you might top yourself.

just drive it, enjoy it and stop finding faults. its depressing.