Japfest Track Time I Would Like Some Experiance First

Write guys I'm thinking about doing a 15min run at JF2, it will be my first time so novice run i've had a luck in to track time insurance it like £86 for everything < is it worth it? so for 15mins it will be a total of £116 not inc fuel that dam expencive need some incuragement.

Edit: Right I think I need to be a passenger first before I do it myself who doesnt mind me being a passenger?

Guest ep82_girl

i would take it tbh. i was told if you crash (wish i hope you want) your liable for the damages to the track and normal insurance will not cover you for this

xxx

Guest ep82_girl

can you afford a few hundred if something happens???

i would never go on a track but if i did i think i would take it out.

but do you trust your driving ability and your car and if you take your time and dont take silly risks you will be fine and wont need it.

you need to think yourself how safe your gonna play it out there

xxx

even if i go slow and take my time i still need it just incase someone crashes into me. but i dont think your getting me erm.....

Is it worth paying £116 to just drive around a track for 15min or should i just not do track time if i was going to do it i would 100% get the insurance anyway if ya get me.

Track time isnt about flat out madness that you cant handle which its made out to be!,

ive been on track a few times now and to be honest its just like a big go-kart track.

You only go as fast as you can handle, if someone has a faster car they will pass you, they have to follow rules as well as you so its not like they will push you off the track or anything.

At japfest just passed i took my white ep80 starlet on the track and i had almost an 1000mile trip there and back so was a massive risk if i crashed but i took it easy the first lap to get used to the track then sped up to the max the car/ i could handle

hope this helps mate and its great fun even if its just for 15mins

Gary

Thanks gary I defo want to do it but i would like to go shot gun first with someone with time served so i can see, watch, learn what the crack is. I feel if i do shot gun It'll give me abit more confidence before i take the plung.

did you do shotgun first or did you just bite the bullet

i just bit the bullet mate, me and my bro took our mk2 astra gte to knockhill and flipped a coin so could have been any of us to drive first and it just happened to be me.

It was fine, once you have had your breefing its all explained etc.

Plus the track seems really tight and close when you are watching but when you are out there its really wide and plenty room to pass

Gary

im thinking of going on the track

not for the speed for the experience though. no one will laugh at you if you go slow. everyone has to start someowhere so slow is better for now :harhar:

It depends how confident you are with your car and how much of a risk taker you are. It's much better if you know the limits of your car.

In my old EP91 I'd have been confident to rip that around anywhere flat out, it was so nice and predictable to drive.

My new EP91 however I don't like it at all it feels like shit and doesn't give you much confidence at all.

And as for my CRX I have barely driven it and would be a bit apprehensive about chucking it into a corner not knowing what it's going to do.

I'm guessing you are a bit worried about spending money and risking your car, I would be too if I had a Glanza.

I'd love to go on a trackday and would jump at the chance, I say go for it!

the only way to learn the track is to drive round it yourself, passenger rides will give you a small idea of where everything is.

Start off slowly and build up gradually, drive to your limits, Ive done a couple of track days in my car and I know that its alot better than I am so I drive to what im capable of.

No one will take the piss out of for going slower than them as they'll be too busy concentrating on what there doing.

If im there i will be out on track, your welcome to ride shotgun! Not sure if i will make it though, would love to say i will be there but may be pushing it........ :p

If im there i will be out on track, your welcome to ride shotgun! Not sure if i will make it though, would love to say i will be there but may be pushing it........ :p

I'm not going to say no to that jason seriously that will be top :p

I'm not going to say no to that jason seriously that will be top :p

Will try my hardest to be there, but will be close. In theory it could be running, not road legal but running but i can't promise anything....... i think i owe a few people passenger rides anyway :p

Guest ep82_girl
Will try my hardest to be there, but will be close. In theory it could be running, not road legal but running but i can't promise anything....... i think i owe a few people passenger rides anyway :p

you told me i had first goes :p lol like hell would i get in that around a track (no offence i mean that in a good way!!!)

get her to the rolling road to!!!

xxx

you told me i had first goes :p lol like hell would i get in that around a track (no offence i mean that in a good way!!!)

get her to the rolling road to!!!

xxx

Like i said, i think i owe a few people rides :D You saying im a bad driver! :p

Will try and get to the rolling road also :D

Right, im going to start setting my Alarm earlier so i can get into work earlier and get more done, 6am starts now then B):p

Guest ep82_girl
Like i said, i think i owe a few people rides :D You saying im a bad driver! :p

Will try and get to the rolling road also :D

Right, im going to start setting my Alarm earlier so i can get into work earlier and get more done, 6am starts now then B):p

hahaha i couldnt care if you were 'the stig' i still wouldnt get in it!!!! stupid speeds in just a seat no doors or glass!! lol no chance.

i would love to see her go though

xxx