Airbox Wire? Whats It For? N/a

Just fitted an induction cone to my N/A, and when i emoved the airbox of the inlet pipe there was a push in plastic thing, is it some sort of sensor? car runs fine without it, just unsure on whether it needs to be there?

I shoved mine back in the OEM pipe ( rubber pipe )

Drill a hole into the induction metal pipe and seal it round the sensor?

I bought an induction pipe off ebay (came with a filter) and it already had a hole for the sensor

Amjad I think me and you have the same induction kit? That 1993-1997 Corolla Apiro one? yeah I have the breather pipe from that to the rocker cover, but I didn't plug in the other sensor and it runs PERFECTLY.

Shafz.

I can only imagin you are all talking about the air intake temp sensor which is needed on the n/a system if its not plugged in can cause iratic idle and poor fuel consumption lots of soot in the system (plugs, exhaust) and poor starting . get it pluged in and in the induction path to measure the actual intake temperatures

im guessing you fitted a cone to yours then?

will do it tomorow, its properly plug shaped haha!

nah, ive got the BMC induction filter :) used to have cone, upgraded to the beast that i have now, check my build thread you should be able to see on there bud, but i would advise u plug it on otherwise you'll get poor mileage to yer petrol.

Just drilled a hole big enough so it just squeezes all the way in, through the silicone pipe and the aluminum pipe just past the filter, then electrical taped the pipe etc so its all sealed in, just disconnected the battery for half an hour and then i will see how it runs!