• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wasn't going to post again, but some of you just talk so much shit i wanted to clear a few things up,

my mate has done less damage than if he took it round the track and no one moaned at that red starlet gt vid the one on ebay he hits the limiter in ever gear and also only thing that got damaged was the tray

what don't you understand about engines needing running air from the car moving to cool the engine down? was the red starlet hitting the limiter and changing gear or sitting on the limiter in 1st/2nd for 18sec-2min with no flowing air?

im sure none of you have ever done a wheelspin or had your car sideways round a roundabout or on a track, because your a fucking angels

again, your not understanding the concept that when a car is moving, be it sideways round a round about or on a track air is flowing into the intercooler and engine bay to keep the engine cool, so yes that would be why people do that for fun insted of acting like a new driver.

personally id say rallying across dirttracks, bumpy lanes or fields will do more damage

if your cars not prep'ed for it, like a rally car then course it would

but i'd say there's more point to rallying then putting trays under your back tyres.

you wouldent fuck the drive shaft up because he wasent wheel spining and you would need a lot of torque to do

WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO FOOL? have you watched the video? wasn't wheel spinning? where's all the screeching and smoke coming from?

lot of torque? like the weight of the car pulling it in the oppasite direction that it's trying to travel? i've seen many'a car snap driveshafts at santapod just because the tracks sticky, dosn't take alot to snap a 10yr old drive shaft thats 'been abused at once stange of it's life'.

you dont buy a glanza or gt to polish all day they where mad to rage around and race thats y it has a turbo

they wern't made for ragging around 24/7, no turbo car is! starlets were made for short journeys & short sprints at the most, why else would toyota use a tmic and small lag-less turbo?

i suppose im silly for driving fast and warping my brakes awell then

that would be down to you going balls out everywhere, heavy on the brakes and/or not knowing how to brake propperly, might be worth you up-grading them before you next try the land speed record in your built-to-ragg Glanza.

if you boys want to drive you car to the ground then feel free, just means that the rest of us can get parts sooner, think for your next car you might want to look in the back of maxpower! they genrally don't give a shit about cars either :)

simon172 also raised a good point, when i (and many others i know) was looking for a starlet, i used the search function on the starlet forums to do my research into the car i was interested in before i went to see it, wonder if you'll have problems selling yours on with videos and posts like this?

i was goin around in a circle the exact same way asif someone was in a rwd car you knob, it wud the exact amount of air as them, and also wen a drag car does a run they usually have the brake on so they dont go forward much!

oh stop it skyline, your burning rubber and putting your car thru unnessary strain!

you honestly can't be that clueless about cars? can you? :)

look at the size of his fmic, you've got a tiny tmic ontop of a hot engine, his car can do doughnuts.......yours can't

besides, his 14secs was nothing compaired to your 2mins ;)

can you explain wat damage ive done please, other then loss of rubber on tyres that was going in the bin! i was doing it for about 2 minutes, there wasnt any tention on my handbrake because i was on trays, if i was doing handbrake turns then it is a problem!

18seconds...yyuurrrrp :)

ok yous are at it, :)

just brain farting away,

maybe shelly was right,

ive never had to lock a thred before on this site,

spose there is a first time for everything,

this thred will be getting deleted in time.

in future guys tone down the use of your language,

i dont want to have this site to become complicated and full of rules

ok yous are at it, ;)

just brain farting away,

maybe shelly was right,

ive never had to lock a thred before on this site,

spose there is a first time for everything,

this thred will be getting deleted in time.

in future guys tone down the use of your language,

i dont want to have this site to become complicated and full of rules

:p GEO look what you've done, heated it all up again ;)

Everyone had their own views on it, i mean i wouldn't have minded if i saw nova, astra etc do it, just that i kinda see a glanza a respectful car. SX's were made for that kinda stuff, not a starlet :)

But this thread has been interesting to read, and.......... Ryno you have a lot to say wow B)

Ok all in favour of this pissing around needs to go kick themselves in the nuts, because when you learn what respect is, you will then think back to the day you injured yourself.. and think, why the fuck did i do that?

at a guess, did you own a saxo before hand bad santa? I mean, only a car like that could you prefect those slides.. Takes years of practive.. lemme guess, you started when you were 15 on "ya scooter down d nearest Mcd's eye respect mon"

please o please can we have a war :)