Hey, This is my starlet i picked up at the start of april:

23595_420940535730_553000730_5756836_756681_n.jpg

^^ when the front sat too high

36129_444129105730_553000730_6359982_2963871_n.jpg

^^ An hour after lowering lol

34062_444128855730_553000730_6359979_4173887_n.jpg

^^ With clean wheels lol.

She's a 1998, Sr edition which came with Tinted windows and was debadged (apart from Toyota logo's).

The vehicle is missing a TTE backbox and when i 1st bought the vehicle the front had the wrong springs in making the front standard starlet height rather than the 25mm lower Sr height, this was soon sorted thanks to a set of progressivly wound Apex 35mm lowerinng springs, However I only fitted the front 2 as i wanted the front to sit just that lil bit lower than the back, which it does ;)

Basicly I dont want to "Glanza" this vehicle as i like the understated Sr approach, As i dont know about the rest of you but my Sr is the only 1 I have ever seen lol. (Blatently rarer than Glanza's) or this might just be where I am in the country (Somerset).

I plan to lightly modify this Sr and restore it at the same time as I wish to sell the car on shortly.

So.. Heres my idea's and query's:

Certain modifications:

- lowered front end (done)

- Fit corolla intake manifold (not sourced)

- Fit TTE Backbox (Not sourced)

- Fit TTE front splitter (Not sourced, and probably never will lmao)

- Source new front tyre and respray original speedline's dark mettalic gunmetal grey (Have the paint, and the rims)

Now we move on to the Queried modifications, these are the mod's that i would like to fit as i feel they may benefit my Sr however I do not have the relevant knowledge to know the outcome. So these mod's are basically one's I would like your advice on :lol:

Queried modifications:

- Fit Corolla 1.6 Exhaust manifold (Choice 1 , Choice 2)

- Fit Corolla 1.6 injector's

- Fitting a 1.6 Corolla ECU

Any advice would be appreciated fella's, Many thanks in advance!

-Matti_G

Welcome, nice to see another SR but not untouched :lol:

Thanks, However the previous female owner had set this car off by removing the decals and tinting the windows etc.. I also think the front bumper was re-sprayed because the paintjob is poor and the paint is chipping off over time :/

I simply plan to get her into a state of pride where she can also be slightly differant to other starlets due to the power mod's or suposed power mods lol

-Matti_G

Thanks, However the previous female owner had set this car off by removing the decals and tinting the windows etc.. I also think the front bumper was re-sprayed because the paintjob is poor and the paint is chipping off over time :/

I simply plan to get her into a state of pride where she can also be slightly differant to other starlets due to the power mod's or suposed power mods lol

-Matti_G

Yeah you can see from the pictures ;)

Have a look at other n/a builds to give you some ideas :lol:

hey dude nice starting point you have here!! the two manifolds you posted the first is fairly similar the the standard n/a one!! the 2nd is from the 7afe engine!! although the runner are the same size but the spacing is slightly different!! they can be made to fit!!!!

the only mani which is close to direct fit is the obx 5efe mani (check ebay)

HTH

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
hey dude nice starting point you have here!! the two manifolds you posted the first is fairly similar the the standard n/a one!! the 2nd is from the 7afe engine!! although the runner are the same size but the spacing is slightly different!! they can be made to fit!!!!

the only mani which is close to direct fit is the obx 5efe mani (check ebay)

HTH

Rob

Thanks, this does actually help :lol:

So the 2nd manifold i had listed I could possibly port to fit?

Also, does anybody know of any cheap rear ARB's for sale?

thanks, Matti_G

Welcome!

Looks quite smart, I like the coloud coded bits, only the needs the handles white now :lol:

Gunmetal Speedlines sounds nice, as far as RARB is concerned, I think the Ultra-Racing RARB's which should be on Ebay, are cheaper than the Whiteline one's, but are thinner!

I'd recommend getting a K&N Panel Filter is you want to stick with a stock exhaust system, or an Apexi Power Intake if you want an Aftermarket exhaust system! (See my build)

welcome bud

defo in need of some attention! The door has been resprayed too at some point by the looks of it. Plans sound good though, as said it will be nice to see an SR thats not been glanza rep'd (sorry guys :p) :(

• 2 weeks later...
Nice SR there mate, but god knows where your from in Somerset, as I'm in Taunton and theres 1 or 2 floating about here :(

Haha, North petherton buddy :( I Do drive about Taunton every now and then, I have noticed an exceedingly disturbing amount of paseo's there however, There everywhere!!

@ Everybody else, thanks for the comments.. I know she's bit of a dog at the minute but its ok because it will be fixed up :) atleast im honest lol

-Matti_G

Theres alot of Paseo's? Mine, Mums Yellow one, my aunties silver one and a blue one, thats it. :)

Il PM you my number, will have to come have a look at this sometime when your free bud.